Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EaglesInsider: Jason Babin released...

Rocket442Olds

Wow...they also fired Sean McDermott's brother yesterday (he was in front office).

Crazy if true. That defense is going to be gutted.

Maybe the owner changes his name to Jeff Loria instead of Lurie. Although that would imply Babin was a top talent this year, instead of looking like he was being used as the tip of "crack-the-whip" ice skating move.

Oh please god no

Why not? If he comes in for dirt cheap, it wouldn't hurt to just take a look. He couldn't be worse than Chris Wilson.

One of the few vet min ideas I can agree with. What has Chris Wilson done? I believe Babin played before in a 3-4 at Houston.

Check the post times .. creepy. :paranoid:

Pretty sure this was the guy that took the cheap shot on our OL last year and knocked him out for the rest of the season (cant remember who it was)......if thats the case im gonna pass.

Defenders take shots at offensive players on turnovers all the time. Look at the shot to the head Maclin took on the one interception against the skins a couple of weeks ago. Refs miss it a lot because turnovers are unpredictable and chaotic. I don't like it, but people need to recognize that's how defensive players think, or most of them anyway.

Bring him in, vet min + incentives. He was a 4-3 DE in college and played average as a 3-4 OLB in the pros before converting to the wide-9 in Philthy. He could be serviceable on 1st and 2nd downs and let Rob Jackson back in for 3rd down and coverage ability. Chris Wilson is as much as worthless.

Until Orakpo is back, of course...

I wouldn't mind the coaching staff taking a look at Babin and see if he would be a good fit for our D. He would bring a nastiness to our D that we need badly.

Also, I'm wondering why Babin is being used as the example/scapegoat. The windows that the cb's and safeties were giving to the receivers last night were so big that it would not matter if you had JPP, Orakpo, Ware, and Clay Matthews all rushing to the QB at the same time.

Babin is a complete and total scumbag. Too bad he will land a job someplace else.

I remember reading recently in a players poll he was voted one of the top 5 dirtiest players in the league..

So it's not about "all defenders" looking for cheap shots on offensive players, he's one who does it consistently.

*ETA my bad he was ranked #6 not 5

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/08/ndamukong-suh/1692669/

He got 18 sacks last year...maybe under better, and stern coaching we can at least use him in pass rush situations, cause we absolutely need the help there. For the vet minimum I don't see any reason not to. If our leadership is as good as some may say it is, no reason to think one guy is going to **** everything up. Especially if we dont plan to use him on every down.

Archived