Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's talk trades.

dposton

I preeeetttyyy.. much think it's not gonna happen, but let's not completely sleep on the notion of Rak being traded.

However, you mention player acquisitions. I don't want to trade Rak for a player. Shanny/Allen are quietly drafting very well, in any given round, so perhaps someone throws a nice little handful of picks at us for Rak.

2nd, 3rd and even 4th rounders may be as valuable as the first we don't have. Would we have been happy if Alfred Morris was a 2nd rounder? Yes. Would we have taken Alfred Morris at the expense of Rak? Maybe.

His injury makes a unique situation, too. Nobody's saying he sucks, his value shouldn't be down that much.

I love Orakpo, don't want to see him go, but hey you started the thread lol. Consider it a possibility.

There isn't a player on this roster that other NFL teams feel they need to trade for, except RGIII. And he's of course, untouchable.

If we can somehow land either Sam Shields, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Aqib Talib in FA (in that order of preference), snag a RT or Safety in the 2nd/3rd rounds of next years draft, I feel like we'll be in GREAT shape. And I'm his saying this with the fact that Meriweather still has a chance to prove his value before the season is up.

There isn't a player on this roster that other NFL teams feel they need to trade for, except RGIII. And he's of course, untouchable.

(don't nobody yell at me) this is just a wondering thought....IF a team got a player like RG III and thought they could do better for less sorta speak. What value do you think RG would have if he was put on the trade block? Would it meet or exceed what was given up to obtain him in the first place? Would it even be a slight temptation for a team?

Wow! You are brave!

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

In Hog Heaven, Redskin Nation or whatever you want to call us right now. And not having a quarterback since Mark Rypien that looked like they could reel off 13 win seasons, you have just committed blasphemy. Hope the ES gods are merciful and forgving. But like you said, it was just a question, RIGHT?

Evan Royster for a late round pick. I honestly believe that's why they tried to give him that TD yesterday. This regime has consistently flipped prospects that don't fit the long term plan for late, conditional picks. We've been able to trade guys like JC, Barnes, Tryon, Dennis Morris. Trade Royster for a conditional pick and sign Hightower. That pick can be another Morris or Crawford.

(don't nobody yell at me) this is just a wondering thought....IF a team got a player like RG III and thought they could do better for less sorta speak. What value do you think RG would have if he was put on the trade block? Would it meet or exceed what was given up to obtain him in the first place? Would it even be a slight temptation for a team?

1466912-coolio_super.jpg

Orakpo is going NOWHERE. Our pass rush isn't **** without him. People need to put this ridiculousness to rest. He will be resigned when his contract is up. Period. I'll take a Sig bet with anyone on that.

This.

What happend to all the Rob Jackson/Chris Wilson are just as good as Rak chatter:ols: Orakpo is a beast and our defense is suffering greatly without him.

None of the players with trade value are touchable, and the players we might want to flip aren't doing enough to make themselves flippable.

I could see us wanting to trade guys like Royster or Paul, but they haven't performed to a level where they have any real value. Maybe a conditional 7th or something like we got with Barnes, but nothing more.

But that's alright. We'll have a little bit of cap room next year, seeing as we're currently 6M under. Add to that the fact that I'm fairly certain we'll be cutting Brown to save some money, as well as re-doing Hall's and Moss' contracts, and we should be able to free up 12-16M for FAs, which should be enough to court some of the bigger names.

This.

What happend to all the Rob Jackson/Chris Wilson are just as good as Rak chatter:ols: Orakpo is a beast and our defense is suffering greatly without him.

While I agree that Rak being gone is definitely noticable...let's be serious here, our defense wasn't getting pressure or doing much better at all when he was on the field this year. Calm down. Rak is not baby Jesus.

I don't think we have much trade value anywhere, not even with Rak to be honest. Its harsh because we have needs at d-line, LB, CB, Safety...we can definitely use more playmakers on offense at WR too.

Players for player trades are rare. I can't think of a recent one bigger than Portis and Champ in recent years.

Player for draft picks happen...but the draft is a toss up.

I prefer free agents than trading players.

Besides what besides a great/good player would the Redskins trade ? They have no leverage right now.

No one. Given, the only players other teams might want are those on the first string - aka our starters. Is there any first string player that is worth the chance that we might pick up someone in a later round that might contribute? That's just dumb.

For example, examine one of our obvious needs - the OL. There is no one on the OL that another team would be interested in except Trent Williams. So, even if you could get a first round pick for him, what would you do if you got one? Draft another Left Tackle? One that hasn't proved himself in the NFL? Or let's say you actually found someone who wanted Tyler Polumbus, Chester or Montgomery or Lichtensteiger. And that theoretical drug-induced coma on the other team's part said they'd give us a third round pick for them. Who would you draft that could take their place? Allow me to point out that NONE of the so-called "quality depth on the OL" we picked up in the third round or later this year has seen the playing field even once. Next year's draft of any OL outside the second round is expected to produce the same results that this year's draft class did. Nada. Zip. Pas du tout. Nothing. Zero.

You trade players when you have excess talent at a position, not just because you may have found some depth that plays a decent game in place of the star. Or when the best player available taken in the draft makes the current player not just depth, but truly expendable. The Skins do not have that at any position.

Maybe someone will get desperate for Cousins? Ha. We should keep him anyways and develop him though, will always need insurance if RG3 goes down

So far Cousins' trade value peaked with the td to santana. It has plummeted since then. We shouldve taken him out and shopped him as soon as they connected...lol

There isn't a player on this roster that other NFL teams feel they need to trade for' date=' except RGIII. And he's of course, untouchable.

If we can somehow land either Sam Shields, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Aqib Talib in FA (in that order of preference), snag a RT or Safety in the 2nd/3rd rounds of next years draft, I feel like we'll be in GREAT shape. And I'm his saying this with the fact that Meriweather still has a chance to prove his value before the season is up.[/quote']

don't forget Kerrigan. Not that I would even begin to think of trading him.

Wow! You are brave!

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

In Hog Heaven, Redskin Nation or whatever you want to call us right now. And not having a quarterback since Mark Rypien that looked like they could reel off 13 win seasons, you have just committed blasphemy. Hope the ES gods are merciful and forgving. But like you said, it was just a question, RIGHT?

I think it's a great hypothetical question. in no way am I proposing such an idea, but realistically it could be a consideration. IF someone was willing to give up say twice what we gave up and we felt like , say Cousins could do it........you could build quite a team. See d*ll*s and Herschel and Minnesota..

If the object was to collect draft picks that would be a great idea. Since it's to win football games trading RGIII is foolhardy. Right now I guarantee if he was put on the trading block the Skins would recoup what they spent and get plenty more in return.

Player trades in the NFL are very rare unless there is some kind of contract dispute. I don't see anybody getting traded.

Archived