Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYTs: Video Said to Show Marines Urinating on Taliban Corpses

Kilmer17

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/world/asia/video-said-to-show-marines-urinating-on-taliban-corpses.html?_r=1&hp

KABUL, Afghanistan — A video showing four United States Marines urinating on the bodies of three dead Taliban fighters provoked anger and condemnation on Thursday in Afghanistan and around the world. American officials said they feared the images could incite anti-American sentiment at a particularly delicate moment in the war effort.

The NYTs ran 32 consecutive front page stories about Abu Ghraib. Think this story will have that kind of staying power?

The NYTs ran 32 consecutive front page stories about Abu Ghraib. Think this story will have that kind of staying power?

Nice try at injecting "liberal media bias" into the discussion at the start. :ols:

The answer is no, because it is nowhere near as systematic a problem and no reason to think it goes up the ladder of command.

The NYT didn't run 32 consecutive stories on the soldiers who deliberately murdered Iraqi civilians either.

Nice try at injecting "liberal media bias" into the discussion at the start. :ols:

The answer is no, because it is nowhere near as systematic a problem and no reason to think it goes up the ladder of command.

The NYT didn't run 32 consecutive stories on the soldiers who deliberately murdered Iraqi civilians either.

You've already researched it and decided this?

The Abu G story had legs in the NYTs because it was a way for them to smear Bush.

You've already researched it and decided this?

The Abu G story had legs in the NYTs because it was a way for them to smear Bush.

Sure it was. That was the only thing that mattered about Abu Ghirab. Smearing GWB. Nothing else significant about it. :ols:

Look, even twa is agreeing with me. :rubeyes:

Sure it was. That was the only thing that mattered about Abu Ghirab. Smearing GWB. Nothing else significant about it. :ols:

Look, even twa is agreeing with me. :rubeyes:

It was far and away the most important thing to the NYTs.

I find it funny that you have quickly dismissed this event. Im sure lots of right wingers said the same thing in the early days of Abu Ghraib.

I find it funny that you have quickly dismissed this event. Im sure lots of right wingers said the same thing in the early days of Abu Ghraib.

I haven't dismissed this event. You asked for our predictions, we are giving them to you.

Hey, you played the passive aggressive posting card and it blew up in your face. Not my fault. :)

I haven't dismissed this event. You asked for our predictions, we are giving them to you.

Hey, you played the passive aggressive posting card and it blew up in your face. Not my fault. :)

"The answer is no, because it is nowhere near as systematic a problem and no reason to think it goes up the ladder of command."

Ummm, this is your quote which pretty much dismisses the event.

I find it funny that you demand that Predicto conduct research and establish proof before making assertions, but then you have no trouble announcing that you know, and have ranked, the motivations of a corporation.

I love our troops but you can't do that

Sorry, just can't

Snipers are a strange breed.....**** happens

my first thought after seeing the unit was please don't let my baby be in this vid or over them.

I find it funny that you demand that Predicto conduct research and establish proof before making assertions, but then you have no trouble announcing that you know, and have ranked, the motivations of a corporation.

And as I recall, the NYT was one of the biggest cheerleaders FOR the Iraq invasion.

I couldnt care less about the act of 4 Marines pissing on the corpses of guys who are trying to kill them.

Even if it endangers their fellow soldiers?

I realize that the Taliban soldiers out there are trying to kill them either way, but things like this disgrace the uniform and serve as recruiting tools for terrorist organization. They hold this kind of thing up and say "Look what kind of people they are!"

Even if it endangers their fellow soldiers?

I realize that the Taliban soldiers out there are trying to kill them either way, but things like this disgrace the uniform and serve as recruiting tools for terrorist organization. They hold this kind of thing up and say "Look what kind of people they are!"

They hold up pictures of playboy magazines as recruiting tools.

These kind of acts dont affect a thing. Now, the overexposure and overreaction to the acts may do some harm.

They hold up pictures of playboy magazines as recruiting tools.

These kind of acts dont affect a thing. Now, the overexposure and overreaction to the acts may do some harm.

I disagree on the point of equating something like Playboy as equal effective as pictures of American soldiers pissing on the corpses of their countrymen...if you think that is equal you're simply wrong.

The American media's coverage of the story may overexpose it but the people using these images aren't using the American coverage, once the image is out there then it's out there....more or less coverage here doesn't change how it's viewed over there.

Archived