Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you decorate for Halloween?

Botched

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We're only a few days from Halloween, and I've noticed in my area that hardly anybody has decorations up. There are some un-carved pumpkins on doorsteps, and a door sticker here and there, but that's it. Me and my neighbor probably have more than everyone else within a 1 mile radius put together, and I will have even more decorations on Monday night.

I find the lack of Halloween spirit disturbing. This is America goddammit, we're supposed to decorate for our holidays, no matter how Pagan they are.

So do you put up decorations for Halloween? If not, why do you hate freedom?

We're only a few days from Halloween, and I've noticed in my area that hardly anybody has decorations up. There are some un-carved pumpkins on doorsteps, and a door sticker here and there, but that's it. Me and my neighbor probably have more than everyone else within a 1 mile radius put together, and I will have even more decorations on Monday night.

I find the lack of Halloween spirit disturbing. This is America goddammit, we're supposed to decorate for our holidays, no matter how Pagan they are.

So do you put up decorations for Halloween? If not, why do you hate freedom?

I carve a few pumpkins and put them on my door step generally!

btw i'm going to Markoff's Haunted Forest tomorrow. I tried to convince my group to check out Paxton Manor but they want to do Markoffs. I hope its different than last year. $25 is kind of steep for a haunt especially when you have to pay for 2 people.

Growing up the most we did was carve a pumpkin, put a candle in it, and put it outside. Now that I'm married my wife likes to string some lights up, and put a few 'scary' decorations out in the yard.

I told her it's okay as long as she doesn't go crazy like some of these people. I don't want my address listed on those tacky Halloween/Christmas tours. :silly:

I carve a few pumpkins and put them on my door step generally!

btw i'm going to Markoff's Haunted Forest tomorrow. I tried to convince my group to check out Paxton Manor but they want to do Markoffs. I hope its different than last year. $25 is kind of steep for a haunt especially when you have to pay for 2 people.

Pumpkins aren't enough. You need to throw some corpses, tombstones, and maybe a fog machine into the mix. Don't forget colored lighting.

I went to Markoff's last weekend. It was incredibly crowded...as usual. The power went out at one point which kind of messed up the order of things. It turned out to be a good thing for my group because we ended up going on the trail much earlier than we should have. We went on trail #1. It was similar to last year, but still very very good.

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 10:15 AM ----------

The kids like to carve a pumpkin, other than that no.

Stop letting the terrorists win and put up some more decorations.

Halloween is supposed to be terrifying. At the very least, sit on your doorstep dressed like a stuffed dummy. Have some hay or newspaper hanging out of your sleeves and put on a mask. Sit there lifelessly until the trick-or-treaters come up, and then come to life and give them the worst scare of their life. If you do it right, they will run away screaming and then make mom go pick up the candy for them.

halloween is supposed to be terrifying. At the very least, sit on your doorstep dressed like a stuffed dummy. Have some hay or newspaper hanging out of your sleeves and put on a mask. Sit there lifelessly until the trick-or-treaters come up, and then come to life and give them the worst scare of their life. If you do it right, they will run away screaming and then make mom go pick up the candy for them.

-or-

We do a little decoration and have a few nice 'touches'.

We have tall trees around the house and so it doesn't take much to look a little ominous with lighting, or lack or it. We play sounds too.

A number of kids wimp out.

Every year I think of stepping it up a notch but was worried it would keep the kids away. Maybe this year. :evilg:

Very nice frostyj. I especially dig the fog and the skeleton in the treasure chest.

Botched, did they change the ending from last year?

Would you recommend the haunted forest or the Manor as the better attraction this year?

I think the ending was the same. Kinda wish I would have tried trail #2 just to see what was different.

If your friends are really into the whole loud, crowded party-like atmosphere, Markoff's is the choice. If you want something a little more subdued, or like indoor haunts, go to the manor. They're both really good though, so you can't lose.

Overall my experience was better at the manor. There was no line (doesn't mean there won't be lines this weekend though), it was in a creepy old mansion so it actually felt more like a haunt and less like an "attraction", and they had an ATM on premesis. Markoff's only takes cash, and yet there is nowhere within miles to get any $$ if you don't bring it with you. There are also two shorter haunts at the manor, which cost extra. but not as much as the extras at Markoff's.

Lol, I hate freedom, that's why!!

My mom used to let us decorate the house when we were kids. When I went off to college and grad. school, I stopped decorating b/c I had too much other stuff on my plate. Now that we've been in our house, well, we still don't decorate b/c I don't really care for Halloween and I'm too busy. I'm sure when we have kids, I'll decorate everything with the kids every single holiday, just like my mom did with us.

Archived