Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

Rise of the Zandalari

AfoCq-RssLk

In years past, the Zandalar tribe, encompassing the wise and scholarly progenitors of the trolls, heroically assisted the Horde and the Alliance with thwarting the nefarious activities of their brethren in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Yet the chaos unleashed by the recent Cataclysm has reshaped the Zandalari's philosophy about the world and the dwindling remnants of their race. Led by a mysterious prophet known only as Zul, the Zandalari have issued a call to Azeroth's embattled troll populations: unite into a single mighty empire and save their race from extinction.

Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari, allowing them to rebuild their respective capitals in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. Not all trolls, however, have so eagerly adopted the Zandalari's grandiose vision of a new troll empire. Vol'jin and his Darkspear tribe are opposed to the warmongering espoused by Zul. To prevent the burgeoning Gurubashi and Amani troll forces from wreaking havoc on Azeroth, Vol'jin has reached out to his Horde comrades and members of the Alliance for assistance. Should the Darkspears' campaign fail, a new troll empire shall rise and bring war to a world already beset by suffering and conflict.

A Threat Fought in Secret

Using a great deal of discretion, Vol’jin has dispatched Darkspear delegates to the capital cities of Stormwind and Orgrimmar calling for all able-bodied adventurers to investigate recent threats that have risen in the jungles of Stranglethorn.

The outlook isn't good. The Gurubashi tribe, their strength renewed, is running rampant throughout Stranglethorn. Players will have a chance to embark on all-new level-85 solo quests in Stranglethorn and will discover exactly what tribulations lie ahead -- Gurubashi leadership is still largely intact and rehabilitated through the new union with the Zandalari. Along the way, players will assist a sassy, headstrong Darkspear spirit-talker named Bwemba, they'll track down the elusive Hemet Nesingwary, and they'll encounter many of the new Zul'Gurub bosses throughout the steaming jungles of Stranglethorn.

Return to Zul'Gurub

This ancient city has once again become the staging grounds for an empowered Gurubashi people to strike against those who they perceive to be invading their ancestral lands. Now backed by the Zandalari, the Gurubashi present all-new challenges for players in this level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. While players may see some familiar faces in this dungeon, the encounters and fight mechanics have been considerably updated. For allying yourself with the Darkspears, High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, Zanzil, and Jin'do the Godbreaker would like to make one thing clear -- your intrusion will cost you. Take their heads and you’ll be presented with a treasure map. You’ll want to seek out its precious booty, including an account-bound ring with a gem so big it’s visible when worn!

Click link for more: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2223-Patch-4.1-Content-Preview-Rise-of-the-Zandalari

worldofwarcraftcataclysz.jpg

This thread is for World of Warcraft (WoW or just warcraft) games and those who are interested in it and not sure what to think about it.

***Please stop coming in here calling everyone fat nerds or posting "funny" pictures. We would like to keep this thread civil and about the game itself***

What is World of Warcraft?

Warcraft is a Massivley Multiple Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG or MMO) that was created by Blizzard. It is currently the most popular MMO and is the most popular MMO with a subscriber base of over 11.5 million people 12 million.

You can choose to play on one of two factions, and choose between multiple races and classes.

When you first start up the game you pick your faction, race and class. Each class does different things and some are self explanatory such as the warrior class where you basically go around beating stuff up.

Or take the mage class where you control the elements of fire & water plus the arcane magic to do nothing but ranged magical damage.

Once you choose a player you then set out on quests and enter dungeons until your each the last current level of 80. Along the way you learn new spells or attacks, get pets, mounts and travel the whole world of warcraft. You also learn much of the back story and current story within the Warcraft universe.

Sound like too much? Well at first look for a non-MMO or RPG player yes it is but Blizzard did a wonderful job making the game accesible to newbies. I myself had never touched an RPG or MMO before Warcraft. Trust me when i say it is fun and easy to get into.

What do I do once in game?

Once in the game you can join a Guild which is a group of people aligned under a common name who work together to level, complete quests and do heroic dungeons and raids together. Your primary goal will be to reach level 80, and soon level 85. More on that later.

Role playing games are for losers

I know the term RPG scares most off but the amount of actual RP you will be doing is minimal if not existent in the game. You are not forced to Role Play at anytime, although if you create a character on an RP realm you are forced to use names that meet RP criteria (no compound words for example) so just avoid it unless you are into that type of stuff.

Is there a free trial? How do I get started?

If you are interested in starting a warcraft account they offer what is called a "recruit a friend" program or RAF for short.

Basically how that works is someone, me for example, would get your email address and send you a link to sign up for a free trial. Then you and I could make new characters together on our accounts and our bonuses would be as follows;

1. increase experience gains by 300% until level 60. Basically we could get a character from level 1 to level 60 in about 20 hours or less of game time compared to taking upwards of 30 days in the old system.

2. We have the ability to teleport each other to our positions for free.

3. if you purchased 2 months of gametime as the referer I would get a 2 person rocket flying mount that we both could fly around in after level 60 and complete our last twenty levels much easier.

Where should I level? How should I level?

Leveling Map

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/757449-Azeroth-level-flow-map

Leveling has changed in Cataclysm. Some zones are new lowbie zones such as Azshara. I highly recommend following the map and doing all the quests in a zone.

You now get what are called "Bread Crumb Quests." What these do is tell you to go to the next zone. When you receive one go to the next zone. I highly recommend looking at the leveling map to plot out your course.

Grinding is not an efficient option to level! It is a waste of time and very monotonous. With the shattering of Azeroth all lowbie questing areas have new content and are generally much more fun than they ever were.

What do I do when I reach level 85 which is the level cap

Once you hit level 85 you can do high end raiding dungeons which have the hardest bosses in the game or engage in Player versus Player combat (PVP) where you fight in CTF and King of the Hill modes of combat against other Warcraft players. You earn not only bragging rights but high end gear this way.

Or, you can do what I do. Log in, complete a ton of dailies, do holiday boss if available, try to be a robber baron on the AH, troll trade everyday. My main goal in WoW is collecting. I collect mounts, pets and gold.

So my question to those who already play is what server and faction are you on?

Common Terms

Aggro - Short for aggresion. This is what tanks are meant to do. Essentially if you aggro a mob, it attacks you. In dungeons you want to avoid gaining aggro unless you are a tanking class.

Loot - Items received from the killing of mobs/bosses

Justice Points (JP) - Points earned via regular dungeons and heroic dungeons. Used to purchase first tier of gear

Valor Points (VP, Valor) - Points earned in heroic dungeons and raids. Used to purchase second tier of gear

Gear - basically your armor and items.

Vanilla - First iteration of World of Warcraft, comprised of levels 1-60, sometimes called Classic. No single primary boss, but many bosses to take on.

Burning Crusade (BC, TBC) - first expansion for World of Warcraft, second game necessary to continue leveling, comprised of levels 61-70, though you can start content at level 58. Illidan was the main boss in this expansion, still an epic fight. Introduced 2 new races, one for each faction, Dranei (alliance) and Blood Elves (horde).

Wrath of the Lich King (WOTLK) - 2nd expansion, levels 71-80, could start content at 68, takes place almost exclusively in the continent of Northerend, The Lich King Arthas is the main enemy, introduced Death Knights as a playable class.

Battleground (BG) - instanced zones of Player versus Player (PVP) content, reward here is Honor Points, used for buying PVP specific gear

Damage Per second (DPS) - Basically damage out put, the more DPS you have, the faster you take down bosses, all classes have a DPS spec

Heals Per Second (HPS, Heals) - How much healing healer classes are putting out per second,

Crowd Control (CC) - basically controlling a mob or player, allowing you to take control of the fight, extremely necessary in Vanilla WOW, has become popular again in Cataclysm.

This would be something I might pick up as a downtime game (not that I have any downtime) but the monthly price = not worth it.

I played EQ like a fiend when it first came out and it set my life back about two years socially :ols:

If I ever got into this it would be on a VERY casual basis. :)

My account got hacked on Wednesday. My guild bank was cleaned out and all my characters stripped clean except for my main (80 pally, which I've played since 2005) which was deleted completely. Blizzard is looking into it and has assured me they can restore everything. So far though all I can do is wait.

Blizzard sells an authenticator for $6.50 on their site which makes it impossible for anyone to access your account without it, even if they find your password. I'm getting one, and highly recommend you all do the same.

This would be something I might pick up as a downtime game (not that I have any downtime) but the monthly price = not worth it.

I played EQ like a fiend when it first came out and it set my life back about two years socially :ols:

If I ever got into this it would be on a VERY casual basis. :)

Dude I'm still trying to recover from the damage EQ did to my social skills in HS.

I have a slightly outdated 80 DK 4900 Gear score maybe, but from what I hear not too much has changed.

I'd like to take advantage of the increased XP/Leveling bonuses and the level up a friend they have going on. I want a Pally, or a rogue maybe

I have a slightly outdated 80 DK 4900 Gear score maybe, but from what I hear not too much has changed.

I'd like to take advantage of the increased XP/Leveling bonuses and the level up a friend they have going on. I want a Pally, or a rogue maybe

If are looking to start a new account PM me because I would love to help you level up.

Galakrond:

IONTOP - 80 Human Warrior - My tank, played hardcore until TOC came out, didn't like it, plus football season was starting, so I stopped playing until about a week or two ago... When I left I was fully geared to tank Ulduar, now with this GS crap, I'd get laughed at if I tried to tank VOA. Luckily I'm back in the same guild so they know I've got the talent, just not the gear. Hopped on last night after work for a random and they threw me into a group of 4 players all from another guild on my server in Forge of Souls... First time in the instance, and all they had to do was give me a walkthrough of what the bosses did... I didn't die, healer never died, they were impressed.

SeanTaylor - 80 Death Knight - (Actually just my farmer for my main, Enchanting/Mining, in the downtime I hop on him and fly around Sholazar and pick up saronite/titanium) I leveled him almost exclusively through AV, he's never been in a dungeon and I plan on keeping it that way.

BrianOrakpo - 15 Rogue - Meh... I tried, I just don't have interest in a DPS

Hellscream server:

IONTOP - 64 Tauren Druid - Played this guy throughout Vanilla, healing specced, not incredibly geared, but that's before the "tier items" dropped, so I'd have to wait for the tier gear for druid healers, and hope I didn't have it... I think I had 6/9 of the Wildheart set. When TBC came out, I abosouletly hated it and never made it past Zangarmarsh. Quit until my roommate started playing on Galakrond last year.

Account's never been hacked and I have a great time on there... One of my guildmates actually lives about 10 miles from me and we've golfed together, I didn't know him before I joined the guild. I thought that was awesome.

Diablo 3 will be a better game, just like Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. Its like warcraft if warcraft had a cooler theme and consumed about 1/20th the time. :)

diablo 2 consumed my life for a few years... until i got hacked :beatdeadhorse:

WoW is just way too easy. I don't mean time-wise, but the content is too easily beatable by the average player to provide any sort of challenge worth mentioning.

I played in beta and the first year of it going live and got bored and quit. About four months ago I got convinced by a few friends to try it out again. I made a hunter, got 80 and rolled through ICC 25 man all the way through to lich king all within like two and a half months. I've already quit again because repeating daily quests over and over and waiting on new content is painfully boring.

Oddly enough I loved diablo 2 and still make a new character on ladder resets to mess around and that is way more repetition. Though it's kind of depressing because that game is always hacked and items duped so fast that it's economy is a mess.

Anyways, just playing Heroes of Newerth till d3 comes out.

hope you all get carpal tunnel......go out and mow your mom's grass, for god's sake.

But... My mom lives in Florida, and they have people that mow their grass in the community they live in... It just doesn't seem worth it to buy a plane ticket, go down there, rent a car, mow the grass, get back in the car, return it, hop back on the plane and come back..

But... Maybe with the new wifi on planes, I could play WoW on the way down there! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But... My mom lives in Florida, and they have people that mow their grass in the community they live in... It just doesn't seem worth it to buy a plane ticket, go down there, rent a car, mow the grass, get back in the car, return it, hop back on the plane and come back..

But... Maybe with the new wifi on planes, I could play WoW on the way down there! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a skins fan with a sense of humor......shocking i tell you, shocking.

Heys guys, I've got a question maybe someone could help.

I don't play the game a whole lot but I want to beat my little cousin. I keep on getting owned every single time. I don't understand what I do wrong. I can't use the keyboard, I only use my mouse. Do I really have to get deep into the game and learn how to use my keyboard and the mouse to play well?

I don't do the whole internet thing with world of warcraft,I just play one on one against him.

Tips or any hints would help.

I don't play the game a whole lot but I want to beat my little cousin. I keep on getting owned every single time. I don't understand what I do wrong. I can't use the keyboard, I only use my mouse. Do I really have to get deep into the game and learn how to use my keyboard and the mouse to play well?

I don't do the whole internet thing with world of warcraft,I just play one on one against him.

Tips or any hints would help.

Personally, the mouse is a beginner tool... If you want to beat your cousin, I'd use the keyboard. You have so many more options, the length of the keyboard facilitates range, although you could use your mouse as a ranged weapon by holding the end of the cord and swinging it around your head, or like a rock, and cup it in your hand and bash your cousin over the head repeatedly.

The keyboard could also be used as a dull sword, if you hold it horizontally, it is pretty aerodynamic and if you're going for a surface area hit, you could imprint his face with qwerty...

Good luck man, I hope this helps...

Personally, the mouse is a beginner tool... If you want to beat your cousin, I'd use the keyboard. You have so many more options, the length of the keyboard facilitates range, although you could use your mouse as a ranged weapon by holding the end of the cord and swinging it around your head, or like a rock, and cup it in your hand and bash your cousin over the head repeatedly.

The keyboard could also be used as a dull sword, if you hold it horizontally, it is pretty aerodynamic and if you're going for a surface area hit, you could imprint his face with qwerty...

Good luck man, I hope this helps...

are the orks the best to use? I use them becuase my cousin uses them.

And since I'm asking anyways, Do you have a link that can give me an outline to the keyboard shortcuts, I don't know any of them?

Thanks

Archived