Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

I noticed about a month ago, that the majority of the jerseys including players that we would be keeping were having a huge sail. I told my friend that I had a theory that we were going to be modernizing our jersey.

Of course, if Larry said it, that sounds more real to me than my hunch.

I kinda hope we do. It's not that I don't like the current look. I love it, it's classic. But this team needs to build a new identity and anything that we can change to help facilitate that, I'm all for. I know it's cosmetic and silly, but if it helps...

In a way I hope so, and in a way I hope not. I wouldnt mind changing it up, but if they bring out something too modern and/or ugly, Id prefer the classic unis. But if changing the unis goes along with a positive identity change Im all for it though.

In a way I hope so, and in a way I hope not. I wouldnt mind changing it up, but if they bring out something too modern and/or ugly, Id prefer the classic unis. But if changing the unis goes along with a positive identity change Im all for it though.

I don't think Snyder would approve anything too modern or ugly. Hopefuly. We'll see.

Oh no, I hope not. Every time a team tries to modernize the unis it looks silly. The classic ones around the league all look a lot better, and ties the teams more to their history. I think new ones would tie the skins psychologically more to their recent history (not good and tried to change) to their storied history overall (great).

these are all rumors but i found this guys blog and i thought i'd share his uniform ideas. they're pretty cool. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=71307

Is it bad that i love every uniform change that he made. they all look very sharp but still all keep the basic look of the current uniforms from around the league. I really like the Jets Uni. just an opinion.

Shiv, I hope not. I think a little bit of a twist on the classics, somewhat like the Vikings did, would be ok with me. Nothing drastic like when the Broncos or Bucs changed theirs.

I think it would be sweet to just change the yellow that we call gold to be actually gold, similar to what the Rams did several years ago.

Why would we want the Garden State?

No doubt. It smells bad in Jersey.

these are all rumors but i found this guys blog and i thought i'd share his uniform ideas. they're pretty cool. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=71307

Love his Redskins unis. Remind me of our 70th anniversary edition jerseys -- which I also loved. Seriously, for me it doesn't get much better than the attached photo (here's the link if I messed up the attachment: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/redskins/redskins_lg.jpg ). Anyway, I hope the rumors are true. New jerseys would be a fun, welcome addition.

Oh no, I hope not. Every time a team tries to modernize the unis it looks silly. The classic ones around the league all look a lot better, and ties the teams more to their history. I think new ones would tie the skins psychologically more to their recent history (not good and tried to change) to their storied history overall (great).

Seemed to work for the Caps.

Archived