Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins/Vick AND Tanner Cooley's twitter and FB: Mike Vick was in Ashburn today.

theredskinsfan

http://twitter.com/tannercooley

Wondering why Michael Vick is in Lansdowne and even more, why was he at Buffalo Wing Factory in Ashburn earlier today??

BTW - Tanner has a radio program on 106.7 the fan he wouldn't want to start a rumor he would want to keep his credibility

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/dont-rule-out-redskins-in-vick-sweepstakes/ recently added

I emailed Mike Florio and this is his response

hearing the same rumblings

Doubt it means anything. But would anyone really be surprised if we get Vick at this point? There's practically no guy that the Redskins don't consider. And of course, what team this offseason made the most overtures to other QBs besides their starter?

Don't think it'll happen because of scheme though. Vick is (was?) a very athletic QB, but poor accuracy and not enough quick decision making for running a proper WCO scheme.

Since he can't play till game six, could this be a possible "if JC doesn't pan out by game six", MV goes in?

From what I've seen, Goodell has left it open that he could be fully reinstated before then.

Basically, Goodell's decision was that Vick could either be reinstated fully before week 6, after week 6, or not this season depending on Vick's behavior. Although I figure if Vick screws up again it means a lifetime ban.

Nice way of getting around the decision, Roger!

So what if he comes here. No big deal honestly. People need to stop worrying about his past. If people think that he is going to commit another dog fighting crime they are truly delusional. He may have some other off the field incident and that may lead to another problem, but as the commission laid it out it sounds like Vick is going to have some sort of probation period and he will be accompanied by P.O. Tony Dungy. I don't think that there is going to be a problem.

Archived