Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MG: Former Redskin's eatery files for bankruptcy

bubba9497

http://www.gazette.net/stories/06122009/businew183045_32547.shtml

Click link for entire article

Former Redskin's eatery files for bankruptcy

Arrington owns The Sideline in Largo

The Sideline Bar and Grill in Largo, owned by former Washington Redskins star linebacker LaVar Arrington, has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Arrington opened the sports bar and restaurant at the Boulevard at the Capital Centre in January 2008, offering live comedy and musical performances, along with 33 televisions and a universal sports motif.

The Sideline was in the news after a 35-year-man from Bowie was shot and killed outside the restaurant March 1. At the time, Sideline management said no patrons or employees reported seeing any physical fighting inside the bar and that the fight took place 120 feet away from the front door.

Documents filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Greenbelt revealed no reason for Arrington's petition.

According to the filing, The Sideline, part of F.A.M.M. LLC, has up to an estimated $50,000 in assets and between $1 million and $10 million in estimated liabilities.

Besides $12,000 in total debt to Pepco and Washington Gas, The Sideline's largest debts are $766,268 owed to Commercial Interiors in Marriottsville and $330,142 to L.H. Cranston & Sons Inc. in Baltimore.

Calls to Arrington and his attorney were not returned.

The Sideline was in the news after a 35-year-man from Bowie was shot and killed outside the restaurant March 1. At the time, Sideline management said no patrons or employees reported seeing any physical fighting inside the bar and that the fight took place 120 feet away from the front door.

What Ray Lewis intimidating witnesses again?

Gotta be honest, initially I just glance at the thread title before clicking and missed the word "former".

My first thought was that Snyder had run Johnny Rockets into the ground.

ME 2 haha

But honestly Lavar really upset a ton of people with his exit then trashed a legend in Joe Gibbs....then right after tries to open a restaurant to cater to the fans of the team that he screwed and trashed on espn...come on Lavar...I dont think you thought the plan through...

Gotta be honest, initially I just glance at the thread title before clicking and missed the word "former".

My first thought was that Snyder had run Johnny Rockets into the ground.

I thought it was Joe Theismann's restaurant when I first saw it. I guess that's still doing OK? It's been around a long time.

I thought it was Joe Theismann's restaurant when I first saw it. I guess that's still doing OK? It's been around a long time.

Thats the difference of a player that won a superbowl with us and always praised gibbs, and a player that trashed gibbs on his way to a division rival...

ME 2 haha

But honestly Lavar really upset a ton of people with his exit then trashed a legend in Joe Gibbs....then right after tries to open a restaurant to cater to the fans of the team that he screwed and trashed on espn...come on Lavar...I dont think you thought the plan through...

Amen to that brother! Lavar Arrington ain't no Cal Ripken!!

Yeah I saw the headline and was worried it was Theisman's too.

But that place is pretty much an Alexandria landmark, with a sweet location right by the metro.

As for Lavar's place, that is a TON of cash to blow through in a short period of time.

Owning a sports bar is a dream for so many guys i think, but you've got to do it right. Get caught up in too much overhead and the dream turns into a nightmare really fast.

Archived