Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have 100% proof God does not exist (red pill/blue pill)

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who would not want to hear?

Nah, I'd rather be ignorant on purpose. Come on now.

There will ALWAYS be some people who won't believe it even if they hear it though.

Probably a lot of people wouldn't want to hear. Even if it there is no god, people feel religion/faith helps them in their everyday lives.

If the question were completely true then who wouldn't want to hear the proof? I'd love to know. Being agnostic I'd love to get a final definitive answer.

Agreed. If someone told me they had proof that could not be debated, I'd completely hear them out. But then again, much like my buddy Matt, I'm agnostic, so it would clear up a lot of the things I wonder. I think it's funny some of you are quick to discount WVU's post, it's a good question. If you don't want to think about your reaction to it, then say that but don't try to rag on the man for asking a question.

Agreed. If someone told me they had proof that could not be debated, I'd completely hear them out. But then again, much like my buddy Matt, I'm agnostic, so it would clear up a lot of the things I wonder. I think it's funny some of you are quick to discount WVU's post, it's a good question. If you don't want to think about your reaction to it, then say that but don't try to rag on the man for asking a question.

Thank you SSM.

I suppose there is a deeper question here: are people more concerned with truth or with with personal comfort/securtiy (probably not the best term but I don't know what else to call it)

LOL my friends and I have this type of discussion all the time when inebriated.

The question we use is like this

Say you went back in time to the time of all the prophets and you find out they were all shams and quacks and you come back with definitive evidence (for the sake of argument this evidence cannot be refuted). Do you tell the world all religion is false or let people go on as they were?

Most people say they wouldn't tell.

Thank you SSM.

I suppose there is a deeper question here: are people more concerned with truth or with with personal comfort/securtiy (probably not the best term but I don't know what else to call it)

Well, you make the assumption that believing in God automatically provides more personal comfort/security than not believing in God lol...it might be more stress-free to "know" He doesn't exist. Probably depends on the individual, of course...

I think a better question would be, if it were possible to know (while alive lol) beyond all doubt that God really does/does not exist, how would that knowledge change how you live your life?

Archived