Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can it get any worse? Brown, Locklear, Hurt may be out.

Tarantula

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Brown-Locklear-Hurt-Questionable-vs-Dallas/3b0840de-7a38-4882-924b-a9a1e8070152

This is the time of year I really hate, when our team starts sucking and players' injuries they could normally play through, cause them to simply sit out. Now I realize these guys aren't all that great to begin with, but you even have Jamaal Brown disclosing that he may have a groin tear.

I hope all us Redskins' fans are ready for a long 2nd half to the season. :(

The Redskins may be forced to start undrafted rookie Willie Smith at right tackle in Sunday's game against the Cowboys.

It's a scary situation with Rex Grossman at quarterback, and DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer on the other team. RT Jammal Brown hinted Friday that his groin is torn. "It ain’t really about sucking it up," Brown said. "If you’ve got a tear, you’ve got a tear." The Cowboys' defense is a recommended Week 11 play.

Related: Cowboys, Jammal Brown

Source: Washington Times

Nov 18 - 9:13 PM

It's lookin' to be ugly, man.

And no, it can't get any worse. That's the silver lining. There's a certain relief in knowing you've hit absolute rock bottom. Might as well get some of these young guys a little experience. It's all about next year at this point. It's not like Brown was having a stellar year anyway.

wonderful...

I wonder, at what point it's fair to question team strength and condition guys/doctors. A Giantsfan friend of mine has been saying it for years about the Gmen, and I always thought he just sounded upset and ignorant.

Or maybe it just exposes our lack of depth and makes them look worse. Sweet sweet depth, we'll see you in a couple years..

I'm curious as to how many coaching staffs we have to go through before someone realizes that we need starting caliber OL. We keep coming up w/ basement bargain OL. Why are we so surprised every year when our line falls apart. Brown has played like trash all year. I guess we'll get another look at another back up from Shanny's magic bag.

I'd like to see any team in the league with the depth needed to sustain the amount of injuries we've had to deal with on the just the oline. Imo, our week 1 o-line was pretty decent, giving us at least 2 games with over 170 yards rushing before the bye-week.

Seriously guys, if Hurt can't go, that means we'll been on our FOURTH different starter at left guard alone. There isn't a single team in the NFL that has enough depth to handle that and keep it moving no problem for any sustained period of time.

Didn't have a lot of talent going in, but we are getting our tails handed to us by the injury bug this year. And to that we're supposed to be rebuilding, it's the perfect storm, man. Instincts telling me that won't matter as much as many believe it will this game. History dictates that nothing really matters in these Skins-Dallas games going in anymore...

I'd like to see any team in the league with the depth needed to sustain the amount of injuries we've had to deal with on the just the oline. Imo, our week 1 o-line was pretty decent, giving us at least 2 games with over 170 yards rushing before the bye-week.

I just dont see the talent. Here is our running game stats

Giants 72 yards ranked 20

Cards 177 yards ranked 21

Boys 65 yards ranked 11

Rams 194 ranked LAST

Eagles 36 ranked 17

Through the first 5 games of the year we have had 40% rushing over 100 yards with only one game against top half of the league in rush defense. The Oline isnt very good when healthy.

Seriously guys, if Hurt can't go, that means we'll been on our FOURTH different starter at left guard alone. There isn't a single team in the NFL that has enough depth to handle that and keep it moving no problem for any sustained period of time.

Didn't have a lot of talent going in, but we are getting our tails handed to us by the injury bug this year. And to that we're supposed to be rebuilding, it's the perfect storm, man. Instincts telling me that won't matter as much as many believe it will this game. History dictates that nothing really matters in these Skins-Dallas games going in anymore...

We enjoy a sport in which we're constantly told "INJURY IS NO EXCUSE!"

Well, the only problem is, sometimes injuries ARE an excuse. We've lost at least one major piece at every position on offense and a handful more on defense. We've lost two starting wide receivers (though Santana might come back next week), a guard, two defensive ends, a running back...and the majority guys we DO have our playing through injuries. OJ, LaRon, Trent's still dealing with ankle issues, Jammal's hurt, Sean's hurt...

And I know some jerk is going to bring up the Packers now, but it should be clear by now we're not the Packers.

As for not having the depth we want, hey; this is what happens when the prior administrations drafts 21 players over the course of three years, and only four of them are currently on the team.

Vinny drafted 21 players in three years. 14 of those players are out of the league. Four of those players are still here. 3 are on different teams, and only one of them is a starter, and ironically, he's only a starter because of an injury.

This kind of thing was a long time coming, folks...

We enjoy a sport in which we're constantly told "INJURY IS NO EXCUSE!"

Well, the only problem is, sometimes injuries ARE an excuse. We've lost at least one major piece at every position on offense and a handful more on defense. We've lost two starting wide receivers (though Santana might come back next week), a guard, two defensive ends, a running back...and the majority guys we DO have our playing through injuries. OJ, LaRon, Trent's still dealing with ankle issues, Jammal's hurt, Sean's hurt...

And I know some jerk is going to bring up the Packers now, but it should be clear by now we're not the Packers.

As for not having the depth we want, hey; this is what happens when the prior administrations drafts 21 players over the course of three years, and only four of them are currently on the team.

Vinny drafted 21 players in three years. 14 of those players are out of the league. Four of those players are still here. 3 are on different teams, and only one of them is a starter, and ironically, he's only a starter because of an injury.

This kind of thing was a long time coming, folks...

wait..which one that vinny drafted is the one that is starting cause of an injury?

Archived