Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can it get any worse? Brown, Locklear, Hurt may be out.

Tarantula

In all seriousness, our 2012 draft should consist of a QB, WR, and the rest OL. I'm starting to question my own mock draft for us...

I like the starting unit but don't know if you can rely on Kory coming back from that severe a knee injury right away. Hopefully Hurt and Smith can prove out to be solid backups. I would try to bring in a veteran interior lineman through FA and a RT somewhere in between rounds 2-4 in the draft. That way we have a starting lineup of Trent, FA, Montgomery, Chester, Brown....Behind that we have Kory and Hurt backing up the interior line and Smith and a rookie RT backing up the tackles.

Good news for myself:

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Smith play RT. Best case scenario is he supplants Brown and perhaps make him a trade candidate. If he's tradeable, being that he is an OT, he could net us a decent draft pick in return. I think Smith looks capable of doing just that and he will be tested Sunday without a doubt. I don't think Locklear brings much to the table, but he seems like a decent reserve. I don't like Hurt being out as I like him, but I actually wanted us to draft Tyler Polumbus prior and am interested in seeing how he handles the LG position.

Can it get worse?

Yes; Trent Williams is still staring down a four-to-six game suspension.

It can always get worse.

Patience, fellas.

Let's pray if he does they suspend him this year so he's fresh for 2012.

I wonder if Ratliff's stopped laughing yet at the prospect of facing Cook at center? That should lead to a Rex interception-fest as he panics back there.

On a positive, brilliant news if we finally get to look at Smith in live action. Kid looked a real find in pre-season with his rare combination of size and athletic ability.

Hail.

Can it get worse?

It can always get worse.

Patience, fellas.

Sure, as long as there are still some decent players left on the field, it can get worse.

For me, though, emotionally, it can't.

I've reached the point of total numbness. If Trent gets suspended, I'd just continue watching like I'm watching paint drying on a wall, which is probably how I'll be watching on Sunday. I can't think of any scenario at this point that would be able to uncover any more negative emotion in me as a Redskins fan. It's all been mined already.

Can it get worse?

It can always get worse.

Patience, fellas.

I thought that apart from some specific named players anyone else could not be suspended for infractions which took place during the lockout? Worst case for Williams and Davis is a fine I think.

Why the Union allowed those named players to be liable to suspension is a mystery. I know at least one of the players, Cedric Benson, is suing the NFLPA and quite rightly IMO.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually questioning if I want to watch the game this week.

I will, of course... But I've never even had that thought cross my mind. I fell asleep last week during the game. I've never done that before, either. It's a season of firsts.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually questioning if I want to watch the game this week.

I will, of course... But I've never even had that thought cross my mind. I fell asleep last week during the game. I've never done that before, either. It's a season of firsts.

You know you will be watching Dawg, but I'm sure you'll be sitting there completely stone faced and motionless as will I. I miss the days where I'm screaming, hollering abd cussing.

It is going to get real ugly at Fed Ex.

BTW. I think we should go back to the 4-3 next year. Move 'Rak and Kerrigan to end which would be more potent then their current status. Bowen, Jenkins, Cofield to the inside. Pick up LB's via FA and draft. After addressing OL of course.

You know you will be watching Dawg, but I'm sure you'll be sitting there completely stone faced and motionless as will I. I miss the days where I'm screaming, hollering abd cussing.

It is going to get real ugly at Fed Ex.

I think we make a game of it.

BTW. I think we should go back to the 4-3 next year. Move 'Rak and Kerrigan to end which would be more potent then their current status. Bowen, Jenkins, Cofield to the inside. Pick up LB's via FA and draft. After addressing OL of course.

Totally agree with this. We have the makings of a great DL (43 in general) already in place, but it's not going to happen unfortunately.

I'm finding it more and more ironic how I got slammed by many in the 3-13 lose out thread for having similar emotions, yet as each week passes more and more people are both experiencing and wanting the same outcome. (Not you man, I just run with your post to serve a purpose.).

Hail.

I'd like to see any team in the league with the depth needed to sustain the amount of injuries we've had to deal with on the just the oline. Imo, our week 1 o-line was pretty decent, giving us at least 2 games with over 170 yards rushing before the bye-week.

Seriously guys, if Hurt can't go, that means we'll been on our FOURTH different starter at left guard alone. There isn't a single team in the NFL that has enough depth to handle that and keep it moving no problem for any sustained period of time.

Didn't have a lot of talent going in, but we are getting our tails handed to us by the injury bug this year. And to that we're supposed to be rebuilding, it's the perfect storm, man. Instincts telling me that won't matter as much as many believe it will this game. History dictates that nothing really matters in these Skins-Dallas games going in anymore...

Cursed...we've been bitten by the injury bug for too many years now. I for one do not see the light at the end of the tunnel

Same here

It's lookin' to be ugly, man.

And no, it can't get any worse. That's the silver lining. There's a certain relief in knowing you've hit absolute rock bottom. Might as well get some of these young guys a little experience. It's all about next year at this point. It's not like Brown was having a stellar year anyway.

Good for our positioning for #2 overall.

I'm cool w/ this.

There's only so much you can do though. I don't know any team in football that goes 3 deep with good players at any one OL position. They may have to do that at LG and RT.

And i don't think you can really fault strength and conditioning. It's pro football, guys get hurt, a lot.

Sunday during the Redskins games is my time for laundry, running the dishwasher, cleaning the kitchen floor. I stop every once in a while to see what's going on with the game. I will also watch NFL RedZone to at least see some scoring.

This is about the 4th year I've done this. I have a very productive Sunday.

Remember this thread after the game. No O line = no chance to win the ball game. When the stadium is imploding Monday morning just remember to take a long breath. Remember who Rex and Torain had in front of them.

Yeah, this could get really ugly. I'm hoping to at least see a few bright spots, maybe Smith or Riley playing well. Perhaps Orakpo gets a sack, I don't know but my expectations aren't very high this game.

Honestly, two offensive tds would probably thrill me. A win... Well I guess I'd be speechless.

I'm curious as to how many coaching staffs we have to go through before someone realizes that we need starting caliber OL. We keep coming up w/ basement bargain OL. Why are we so surprised every year when our line falls apart. Brown has played like trash all year. I guess we'll get another look at another back up from Shanny's magic bag.

Does anyone know if we can cut Brown after this year with minimum cap ramifications?

Archived