Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proper etiquette when visiting Fed Ex Field

Burgold

Now, I have been reading that a number of people are making their first live trip to see a Redskins game this year and I think it would behoove us to go over some of the propper ways to respond.

First: During the National Anthem, stand, remove your cap, and do not shout the word "O" during the Star Spangled Banner. It's not cute or funny and this isn't Baltimore.

Second: Be loud esp. when we're on defense. Rest your voice when we're on offense during the huddle.

Third: High five the guy next to you, above you, behind you during a touchdown or a great play. They are your brothers and sisters and deserve your love.

Fourth: Boo anyone in a Cowboy's jersey. Razzing is an important part of any sporting event. Make sure they feel your love, but while joking around around is cool... do not escalate it to something personal or violent. You should be laughing while you deliver your verbal barage and they should be laughing while receiving it and trying feebly to pay it back in kind.

Fifth: Watch the game. You're not there to text. You're not there to spend three-quarters of the game in the bathroom or at the concessions. The people who are constantly getting up, blocking people's views and running back and forth drive me nuts. Unless, you have a medical condition try to stay in your seats. I don't care if you stand or sit, but watch the game.

First: During the National Anthem, stand, remove your cap, and do not shout the word "O" during the Star Spangled Banner. It's not cute or funny and this isn't Baltimore.

I never understood why people do that. I always have a perplexed look on my face when it happens at the game. :ols:

Gee, Thanks mom.

Your welcome.

But you see, this is why this thread is necessary. Sarcasm needs to be directed at the opponent and not ourselves.

Edit: I'm sure others have more rules.

Like...

If it's your first time at a game you need to buy a beer for everyone in your row.

See. That's appropriate. (This thread is mostly tongue in cheek if you haven't figured it out) :)

Haha I know, I'm just messing with you. In my opinion, we start winning and all these little problems will fix themselves. We start losing....FedEx is going to get Ugly.

Now, I have been reading that a number of people are making their first live trip to see a Redskins game this year and I think it would behoove us to go over some of the propper ways to respond.

Fourth: Boo anyone in a Cowboy's jersey. Razzing is an important part of any sporting event. Make sure they feel your love, but while joking around around is cool... do not escalate it to something personal or violent. You should be laughing while you deliver your verbal barage and they should be laughing while receiving it and trying feebly to pay it back in kind.

I could not possibly agree more with the first, and might I add that if you are a veteran you have earned the right to give a proper military salute if you would like to.

As to the fourth, I could not DISagree more, ignore them! The attention whores that wear Dallass jerseys to a non Dallass game WANT you to Razz them, they want the attention, they want you to confront their stupidity. Don't give them what they want. As a matter of fact that's my general rule to anyone wearing a jersey at FedEx and the team they are reppin' is not playing at FedEx on that day. Now, foes of that day are fair game and you should follow the general guidelines set out in the OP for them.

- Be at your seat for the opening kickoff. This isn't LA. You can't leave your car at 12:50 to be in your seat for a 1:00 kickoff.

- Wait until after the play before leaving your seat, unless you're at the end of the row. Similarly, upon returning, crouch down in the aisle until the play is over before entering your row to go back to your seat.

- Stand up and yell like a banshee when the Skins are on defense. Sit down and shut up when the Skins are on offense. If there's a time out or other break in the action, and everyone else in your entire section is sitting down, you should be too.

- If after the game your voice does not sound like an 80-year-old Delta blues singer, you did not yell enough during the game.

SIxth: if you have more than one ticket, do not bring your loud friend who is a fan of the other team. If that loud friend is your SO, it is football season, you need to dump him/her now. If that loud friend is your spouse, you have failed and should give those tickets to another fan. If you have no Redskinsnation friends to bring with you to the game, then you need to get out more.

There was a movement at one time to get all Skins fans to yell "HAIL!!!" when that word comes up in the national anthem.

Yea, the "O" thing took off b/c of all the Howard County fans that came to Caps games at Cap Centre/USAir arena in the day...seemed to transcend everywhere. Damn Baltimorons.

If it's your first time at a game you need to buy a beer for everyone in your row.

When we were in St Louis a Skins fan in my section bought beer for the section!! The first beer guy was cool but the next one started carding and would not sell him more than 4.

Good thread.

Another one to add, specifically for this game......

#) Hold your self in check this weekend. Eagles fans are nasty. They say unecessary things and usually creates anger. Stay strong and have fun. No need for violence.

(This rule really applies to people like me. I have major issues with Eagles fans.)

Stand up when those if front of you stand up. PLEASE! :pfft:

Yeah, I have no problem with standing. If the excitement of the moment urges you to your feet then go for it. If you want a stand, jump and hollar the whole game... you should. Now, I say that as someone who's a bit on the short side and will be inconvenienced if you do, but if the moment draws you out of your chair, then stand for your team. Stand behind them. Stand with them.

Don't forget to sing as loud as possible when we score...Learn the words to Hail to the Redskins before the game. I wanna hear it on TV at the bar this weekend ;)

Its been a few years since I have been to FedEx...we still sing after every score?

Fifth: Watch the game. You're not there to text. You're not there to spend three-quarters of the game in the bathroom or at the concessions. The people who are constantly getting up, blocking people's views and running back and forth drive me nuts. Unless, you have a medical condition try to stay in your seats. I don't care if you stand or sit, but watch the game.

Two years ago i went to a game where these two guys next to my father and myself got up at the end of every quarter and went to buy food. They would be back with like 8 mins left in each quarter. It drove me crazy they kept getting up and damn they must have spent close to $200 maybe more per person on food that day. :ols:

Don't forget to sing as loud as possible when we score...Learn the words to Hail to the Redskins before the game. I wanna hear it on TV at the bar this weekend ;)

Its been a few years since I have been to FedEx...we still sing after every score?

Yup, they do.

There was one game I attended where they tried to get the fans to sing during a blowout for the end of a quarter or something. I was proud of the fans. They had none of it. We sing to celebrate the scores and victory. We don't sing for first down, a sack or the end of a quarter. Harrumph!

Yup, they do.

There was one game I attended where they tried to get the fans to sing during a blowout for the end of a quarter or something. I was proud of the fans. They had none of it. We sing to celebrate the scores and victory. We don't sing for first down, a sack or the end of a quarter. Harrumph!

Exactly...I get the Redskins fans to sing at the bar ONLY after we win...We pretty much have every Jets/Gints/Buffalo fan there hating when the Redskins win :ols:

Archived