Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins supebowl win in Dallas

GoSkins1973

Picture this scenario:

Conference Championship: Dallas at Redskins. Redskins Win.

To go play at the new stadium in Dallas in the superbowl.

One can dream.

I'd almost like to see the Conference Championship in Dallas, Redskins go down there and take the 3rd of 3 from them, then just stay down there to take the Super Bowl. That would reassert our long-awaited domination of Dallas, and come close to matching the Brunell-to-Moss out of nowhere win.

I'd almost like to see the Conference Championship in Dallas, Redskins go down there and take the 3rd of 3 from them, then just stay down there to take the Super Bowl. That would reassert our long-awaited domination of Dallas, and come close to matching the Brunell-to-Moss out of nowhere win.

That would mean no home playoff game for us... We would be a wildcard team...

That would mean no home playoff game for us... We would be a wildcard team...

I'm alright with that. Next year we get the home playoff games. This year we're the underdogs doing what underdogs do best. And there's nothing better than having bragging rights in Dallas for the next few years...

Are we the only ones thst really hate Dallas? I mean the Dallas fans probably don't have as much hatred for us than any other team. We on the other hand consider them the mortal enemy.

Do you not know the history of the rivalry? Washington-Dallas is one of the premier rivalries in sports, and the fans back it wholeheartedly. I can almost guaruntee the majority of Dallas fans have a special place in their hearts for the hatred of Washington and the B&G, just like we do them.

Do you not know the history of the rivalry? Washington-Dallas is one of the premier rivalries in sports, and the fans back it wholeheartedly. I can almost guaruntee the majority of Dallas fans have a special place in their hearts for the hatred of Washington and the B&G, just like we do them.

Of course I do. The thing is I have seen a lot of Dallas fans being nonchalant about the whole rivalry thing and that makes me wonder if we hate them more than they hate us. For a number of years, it seems like it is a one sided hate against them. And I have been around longer than you have. They probably hate the 49ers more.... Just saying.

Of course I do. The thing is I have seen a lot of Dallas fans being nonchalant about the whole rivalry thing and that makes me wonder if we hate them more than they hate us. For a number of years, it seems like it is a one sided hate against them. And I have been around longer than you have. They probably hate the 49ers more.... Just saying.

Probably because they've won like 20 of the last 26 games against us (or something like that- not sure what the series had been) that they don't feel we're a threat to them anymore.

Probably true. However a Redskins super bowl victory in Dallas or even beating Dallas again in the NFC championship game to get to the super bowl, and more importantly keeping Dallas from having the first home super bowl game in NFL history, would certainly respark their hatred.

I get what your saying. I remember the 70's and 80's and the rivalries were big. Honestly I don't even see it as one sided. Dallas had the 90's which is more recent and their teams they struggled against was the 49ers. So I too see those two as bigger rivals now. I almost think ours is or was either Tampa or Seattle. I might even say the Eagles cause of how they treated Portis's mother that one game.

:no:

The majority really don't.

Yes, they view us as their main traditional rivals; but nothing to the extent of the rabid hatred our depth of feeling is toward them. And let's be fair, prior to the last 5 season's, which we've turned around and split with the 'Girls at 5 games a piece ('though Dallas winning the last 3 is a worrying trend); it was hard for long enough to even call it a rivalry, so one sided were the contests with Dallas winning 14 of 15, with 10 straight in that spell.

It's no wonder other games that actually had significance season in, season out became more important to them; when all we had to offer was an "on the day, traditional rivalry with little National outcome at stake."

The '70's/'80's hey day of the rivalry is long past. The vast majority of the players in the free agency era don't care; and until we start competing on a regular basis again at the right end of the East, then it will always be more "our" game than theirs. Sad as it is, we've only ourselves to blame.

Hail.

*Edit* Of course as utterly fantastic as the Redskins winning a SB in Arlington would be; for the Cowboys to become the first team to host a SB and all the insane media B/S that would go along with that would be an equal low. :(.

Archived