Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rationality

gillherb

Fans,

This is for the fans who see it my way:

We sucked up until the Broncos game. Then we soundly defeated a 6-2 team, albeit it witha backup QB. Then we come into Dallas facing a 6-3 Cowboys team and lose by one point. I don't think we suck, I think we are improving. Red Zone offense is obviously an area we are still lacking but Suisham makes one of them and we're looking at a potential victory, in Dallas, against a 6-3 team. Not to mention we were without Portis, Betts, Cooley, Haynesworth, and our OL is filled with 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Couple this with my lowered expectations after the Falcons game, and I think we are showing signs of something.

No one is going to hear this right now, it's time for the whining and complaining-types to take over for a bit and allow themselves to heal.

That being said, I'm with you. Tough loss, but we controlled the game for the most part and just fell short at the end unfortunately.

God, I really hate Dallas. Seeing them on the sidelines during their TD drive and after it made me want to throw up. Really. The way they were celebrating every play was disgusting, especially that clown Witten who has everyone fooled in thinking he's a class act. There's no such thing as a class act on that team.

Yes, but as Art said in his thread at the Game, "Too little too late."

Seven losses now. Paloffs are not now. It is encouraging that the play of some of the 2008 draft choices have gone to non-existent to somewhat contributing, but the lack of big-play capability from this offense is astounding.

I think we're in for a big overhaul this off-season regardless.

No one is going to hear this right now, it's time for the whining and complaining-types to take over for a bit and allow themselves to heal.

That being said, I'm with you. Tough loss, but we controlled the game for the most part and just fell short at the end unfortunately.

God, I really hate Dallas. Seeing them on the sidelines during their TD drive and after it made me want to throw up. Really. The way they were celebrating every play was disgusting, especially that clown Witten who has everyone fooled in thinking he's a class act. There's no such thing as a class act on that team.

Any objective fan is going to "whine and complain" about a team that scores 6 points and their ability to score is not an anomaly.

you're absolutely right. this game re-cemented my absolute hatred of Dallas. I was watching the game in our PX with a bunch of skins fans and a couple turd fans and during that last drive I was so ****ing mad and full of furry, those guys didn't even dare look my way when they won. they were silent as a tomb.

We have years of history of playing up and down to teams. The overall trend is that we lose games even when we step it up vs. good ones, and lose games when we play too conservative against crappy teams. It's systemic suckage, trying to find ways not to lose rather than ways to win.

Rationally speaking, minor changes along the offensive line and at running back have had no impact in a relative sense proving these are secondary factors. The logical conclusion is that unless and until you make the change at QB you will not see any major impact one way or another.

I'm not gonna complain when our 3-6 team that is missing 6 starters, is playing its 3rd string RB, 3rd string OLinemen and picking other players off the street lose by 1 point on the road to a division leader. WE ALL KNOW WE SUCKED lol...this did not just suddenly come to light in this game. But when you DO suck as much as the Skins have this season, playing two winning teams tough in back to back weeks who are leading their divisions definitely points to more positive than negative.

We should have lost both games by something like a combined 55-16...the fact that we actually beat one team by 10 points and lost to the other team by 1 point, and played fairly decently with half our starters out with injuries does NOT show that we still suck lol :)...it does show that improvements are taking place and players are indeed playing hard.

Now, for those who relish bringing up straw man arguments, that does NOT mean that Zorn and Campbell has proven themselves, so don't waste your energy pretending that my post means I think they have. But it DOES mean that I expected a ****-lot worse from the Redskins with their decimated OLine, decimated RB unit, a QB who "couldn't start on any other team in the NFL", a bevy of young pass catching draft "busts", and a defense using 5th and 6th rounders hand-picked by Vinny lol...

I think we are showing signs of something.

I think we're showing signs of getting a good draft pick next year.

We'll need it to get the offense together. At least the young receivers are showing something. Once we get the offensive line built and a good QB in place, we'll be in pretty good shape overall.

I'm not gonna complain when our 3-6 team that is missing 6 starters, is playing its 3rd string RB, 3rd string OLinemen and picking other players off the street lose by 1 point on the road to a division leader. WE ALL KNOW WE SUCKED lol...this did not just suddenly come to light in this game. But when you DO suck as much as the Skins have this season, playing two winning teams tough in back to back weeks who are leading their divisions definitely points to more positive than negative.

We should have lost both games by something like a combined 55-16...the fact that we actually beat one team by 10 points and lost to the other team by 1 point, and played fairly decently with half our starters out with injuries does NOT show that we still suck lol :)...it does show that improvements are taking place and players are indeed playing hard.

Now, for those who relish bringing up straw man arguments, that does NOT mean that Zorn and Campbell has proven themselves, so don't waste your energy pretending that my post means I think they have. But it DOES mean that I expected a ****-lot worse from the Redskins with their decimated OLine, decimated RB unit, a QB who "couldn't start on any other team in the NFL", a bevy of young pass catching draft "busts", and a defense using 5th and 6th rounders hand-picked by Vinny lol...

100% agree

Yes it's frustrating losing to those obnoxious lucky bunch of SOB'es pokes

but anyone saying we would be a missed FG away from a win, 2 weeks ago, not even knowing we'd be missing Big Al & Portis, losing Betts and Rhino during the game, would have been horse laughed off the board

Go ahead be happy we lost, savor it, you deserve it. Try reality for a change. I hope the team isn't as satisfied with you bowl of cherries types.

Heck yeah! despite losing, we played a 6-3 division rival tough in defeat, hang your hat on it.

Didn't know Delusional and Rationality were synonymous. lol

I will give you that much, I didn't think it'd be that close, there is fight there.

Fans,

This is for the fans who see it my way:

We sucked up until the Broncos game. Then we soundly defeated a 6-2 team, albeit it witha backup QB. Then we come into Dallas facing a 6-3 Cowboys team and lose by one point. I don't think we suck, I think we are improving. Red Zone offense is obviously an area we are still lacking but Suisham makes one of them and we're looking at a potential victory, in Dallas, against a 6-3 team. Not to mention we were without Portis, Betts, Cooley, Haynesworth, and our OL is filled with 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Couple this with my lowered expectations after the Falcons game, and I think we are showing signs of something.

I believed that for the first 7 years that they said it.....now, until I see it, I'm a cynic....

Archived