Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan: Please re-sign Jason Campbell (merged)

21cents

Jason Campbell is not the best qb in nfl. But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season. The redskins have the worst oline in nfl and horrible coaching. Campbell hasnt looked good but hes putting up decent numbers. The last thing we need is him going off to tennesse and making probowl. PLEASE RESIGN JASON CAMPBELL.

Get him good oline and a running game he will be in probowl.

Thanks~

you sure are optimistic

Watch cutlers highlights on nfl. It will make you optimistic.

See how much difference a oline can make. Cutler went from having the best oline in nfl (making probowl) to poor blocking in chicago and sucking it up.

Campbell in a good oline would look so much better. When hes given time he has made some great throws.

See how much difference a oline can make. Cutler went from having the best oline in nfl (making probowl) to poor blocking in chicago and sucking it up.

Campbell in a good oline would look so much better. When hes given time he has made some great throws.

i have to disagree with this point..... first off the performance he turned in against the eagles was one of the worst qb performances i have ever seen....

there have been times when he has had time to throw the ball and yet he still checks down with open men down field.... he is constantly overthrowing long balls..... rarely hits a receiver in stride.... and on many occasions i have seen poor ball placement put his recieiver at risk accross the middle....

assuming he can read a defense and assuming he see open men down field he still lacks a certain finesse to put the ball in the right spot.....

No, it actually depressed the hell out of me. Cutler's pocket was collapsing around him the entire night and his foot movement was AMAZING... especially on the final drive. He was not sacked once, and three of those picks were not completely his fault.

When the Bears fix up their O-Line and get a true #1 receiver, they will have one of the top offenses in the NFL.

As a former EXTREME Campbell supporter, I now say: Dan, please do not re-sign Campbell.

The last thing we need is him going off to tennesse and making probowl. PLEASE RESIGN JASON CAMPBELL.

Thanks~

Here is a thread YOU started on the 10th:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=307790

And here is the OP:

I believe jason campbell has outstayed his welcome in washington. Dont get me wrong hes a good qb when given a oline and running game. Washington needs a change and qb is where it starts. Carolina will be looking for a young qb who can replace delhomme. Campbell will be a perfect fit in carolina with the oline and running game. Stewart is the 2nd string rb in carolina waiting to be a feature back. Washington needs a powerrunner who can take carries off portis. This offseason the Campbell for Stewart trade seems like a match made in heaven. Thoughts?

So did you have a sudden change of heart over the past two days, or are you just generally confused? I have a hard time understanding how you can reconcile wanting to trade Campbell in one thread that you started and then starting a new thread about how he is Pro Bowl caliber QB who Danny should keep around. Please do explain.

And here is the OP:

So did you have a sudden change of heart over the past two days, or are you just generally confused? I have a hard time understanding how you can reconcile wanting to trade Campbell in one thread that you started and then starting a new thread about how he is Pro Bowl caliber QB who Danny should keep around. Please do explain.

But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season.

But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season.

I'm sorry if I see a disconnect here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So your basis for changing your argument from "Campbell has overstayed his welcome" to "Campbell is a probowler" is the fact that Cutler threw 5 picks tonight?

What sense does that make?

How does Cutler throwing 5 picks tonight (which, he has had recent similar outings this season) change your perception of Campbell, especially in such a drastic way?

How is Campbell suddenly a "probowler" now that Cutler has had yet another crappy game?

None of this makes any sense...

And here is the OP:

CARRIED

OH MY GOD. Stop it...this is too far. You are straight up embarassing the OP

Actually Cutler went from a more QB friendly offense in the WCO they ran in Denver, to a more conventional offense which relies on more downfield decision making and precision.

The WCO offense is more responsible for making mediocre QB's look good to very good than any other offense in the history of the NFL, it also doesn't require a great line to be highly successful, the fact that JC has been so putrid running it just shows how bad he really is. So to try and justify his play and make yourself feel better about a QB that some have an undying allegiance to by comparing him to what may be a lousy QB proves nothing other than there are at least 2 incompetent QB's in the league.

I also find it absolutly hypocritical by the JC defense team that they cut JC every conceivable excuse from new offense this, to no line that. Yet Cutler who has been in the NFL less years than JC, and now has to learn a new offense himself is now being judged as a failure! But of coarse please let's not let JC leave at the end of the year to Tennesee and win Super Bowls, and MVP's? What a joke! I guess it's been determined that Vince Young is a failure? By the way who was far and away the better QB in college?

No, it actually depressed the hell out of me. Cutler's pocket was collapsing around him the entire night and his foot movement was AMAZING... especially on the final drive. He was not sacked once, and three of those picks were not completely his fault.

When the Bears fix up their O-Line and get a true #1 receiver, they will have one of the top offenses in the NFL.

As a former EXTREME Campbell supporter, I now say: Dan, please do not re-sign Campbell.

You have got to be kidding .... Cutler was horrible . The 49ers D is not great . It is 21st against the pass and 19th overall, they have a really middle of the pack pass rush as well . The first int Cutler made a stupid desicion ... all on him, second int where hester fell down was a bad throw because the 49er defender was all over the route . It was thrown behind Hester and it looked all the world it was thrown directly to Brown ... I have to say the other ints I did not see but these were not crazy bouncing of recievers hands ints these were dumb dumb dumb QB throws which Cutler has done all his career . The reason he pads his stats so much is not because he is a greeat Qb but becuase he thows the game away so often . I cannot believe someone can come on here and defend a guy who has thrown in the last 4 games 10 interceptions to 4 TDs . He has a couple of decent games, he racks up decent yardage but every time the ball is in the air you hear a sharp intake of breath from Chi town ... Yes he may have thrown for more TDs has in his career but he is also on path to throw more inteceptions ...he already has more ints than Campbell does since the start of the 08 season . People make pathic excuses for other teams QB ... oh if they only had a No.1 receiver ... oh if they only had a line and are quite happy to tar and feather our QB with the same if not worse problems ..... Fact the Bears have a much better line than we do right now - They are not as far as I know onto their 3rd OLT and relying on a street free agent with 2 weeks on the team to protect the QBs blind side . Fact the bears have a better running game than we do right now ... Our WR core is about on par with the bears WR core ... What is quite inteteresting is people saying when the Bears get this and get that ... How exactly are they going to pick up these players when they have so many picks invested in Cutler ... Cutler may end up setting records for Ints the way he is playing ... and he has Baltimore, Philly and Minn coming up . Sure they have 4 wins but only one came against decent opposition (Pitt) the rest are bottom feaders ....

You have got to be kidding .... Cutler was horrible . The 49ers D is not great . It is 21st against the pass and 19th overall, they have a really middle of the pack pass rush as well . The first int Cutler made a stupid desicion ... all on him, second int where hester fell down was a bad throw because the 49er defender was all over the route . It was thrown behind Hester and it looked all the world it was thrown directly to Brown ... I have to say the other ints I did not see but these were not crazy bouncing of recievers hands ints these were dumb dumb dumb QB throws which Cutler has done all his career . The reason he pads his stats so much is not because he is a greeat Qb but becuase he thows the game away so often . I cannot believe someone can come on here and defend a guy who has thrown in the last 4 games 10 interceptions to 4 TDs . He has a couple of decent games, he racks up decent yardage but every time the ball is in the air you hear a sharp intake of breath from Chi town ... Yes he may have thrown for more TDs has in his career but he is also on path to throw more inteceptions ...he already has more ints than Campbell does since the start of the 08 season . People make pathic excuses for other teams QB ... oh if they only had a No.1 receiver ... oh if they only had a line and are quite happy to tar and feather our QB with the same if not worse problems ..... Fact the Bears have a much better line than we do right now - They are not as far as I know onto their 3rd OLT and relying on a street free agent with 2 weeks on the team to protect the QBs blind side . Fact the bears have a better running game than we do right now ... Our WR core is about on par with the bears WR core ... What is quite inteteresting is people saying when the Bears get this and get that ... How exactly are they going to pick up these players when they have so many picks invested in Cutler ... Cutler may end up setting records for Ints the way he is playing ... and he has Baltimore, Philly and Minn coming up . Sure they have 4 wins but only one came against decent opposition (Pitt) the rest are bottom feaders ....

Where does this come from? Better line than us? Better run game? They have no run game, and just because they have not suffered as many injuries on the O-line as we have does not make them better.

3 of his INT's are very questionable, 1 the receiver fell down on an out route allowing the defender a clear path to the ball, another his receiver was bumped off his route by the ref which also caused the INT, and 1 other looked like interference, not to excuse his play because it was pretty bad regardless of those things, but you can slam Cutler and the Bears all day long and it will never make JC a better QB than he is, which is at the very bottom of the barrel in the QB pool.

The logic of this thread's original post escapes me. The Skins should now extend Campbell's contract because a Chicago Bears QB had a bad game? :doh:

Shouldn't we simply be basing such a decision by considering Campbell's performance history with Washington? Shouldn't we be assessing Campbell's upside as our QB, and maybe how well he'd fit with the Skins future offensive system? Why would Cutler and the Bears constitute the basis of any Skins decision about Campbell?

IMO Campbell has shown me enough to convince me that he'd quickly become the limiting factor for the offense -- even after you fixed the O-line, brought a new RB in, and found another WR or two.

We've a long history now of games with Campbell at the helm, and there were times when the O-line was better, and Portis was more healthy. And even then, people were asking why Campbell couldn't raise his game to prevent defenses from keying on Portis. At best Campbell could connect with wide open receivers, and keep a drive going -- but whenever the running game stalled, Jason couldn't take the team on his back.

So why would the Skins want to settle for QB with ongoing issues like accuracy, field vision, decision-making, and passing touch? (And that's the short list.) Moreover his issues stubbornly persist, despite personalized attention from some reputedly good HCs and QB-coaching.

Hopefully, we can get something in trade for Campbell; because it's more and more apparent that a change of scenery would be good for both parties.

Jason Campbell is not the best qb in nfl. But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season. The redskins have the worst oline in nfl and horrible coaching. Campbell hasnt looked good but hes putting up decent numbers. The last thing we need is him going off to tennesse and making probowl. PLEASE RESIGN JASON CAMPBELL.

Thanks~

Campbell is simply a game manager, the bad OL just makes him look worse than he actually is. But even at his best, he's just average. I think it's time to move on.

And BTW, I love your sig. The only thing though, is that when I clicked on it I noticed that there's a picture there that is labeled as Gina Carano but it's not Gina Carano...the pic of the girl with the black belt in her hand is Kyra Gracie...that being said, merry Christmas:

gina-espn-cover.jpg

I totally agree bro, really there's nothing left for me to add! GREAT Post!

RED06

Where does this come from? Better line than us? Better run game? They have no run game' date=' and just because they have not suffered as many injuries on the O-line as we have does not make them better.

3 of his INT's are very questionable, 1 the receiver fell down on an out route allowing the defender a clear path to the ball, another his receiver was bumped off his route by the ref which also caused the INT, and 1 other looked like interference, not to excuse his play because it was pretty bad regardless of those things, but you can slam Cutler and the Bears all day long and it will never make JC a better QB than he is, which is at the very bottom of the barrel in the QB pool.[/quote']

Dude, you hate on Campbell sooo much that you can never be realistic with any of your replies! 4 of those picks where on Cutler and only 1 was on Hester. One of the picks you're speaking of the CB cut the route off while never playing the WR, HE PLAYED THE BALL which will never be called a pass int.

How is it that Cutler can have games with 3,4, and 5 int but YOU come on here talking about how great he is but JC has one 3 pick game in his career and you go off along with the other JC haters? It's like you'll just hate the guy for the sake of hating him. Interesting enough though is that EVERYONE now just about is saying that the OLINE is the major problem in D.C. " EXCEPT THESE MESSAGE BOARD COACHES AND GM'S here on ES"! And that NO QB will be successful in D.C. until the OLINE is completely revamped.

The Bears ALL the way around the board have a better team than us right now, you're plain blind if you don't see that. Cutler is just a bum as a QB! He threw 2 redzone picks and has lead the league in that stat for 2 years now and counting. And they do have a running game, how can you say they don't? Nevermind I don't even want to hear your reply on that.........

Since Cutler was soooo great in the WCO in Denver, how many playoff games did he win?

JC is better than Cutler period, you can say whatever you want to say. JC still has decent numbers with ALL of this foolishness going on in D.C. but keep on hating because its the easiest thing to do.

RED06

Archived