Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn = Stop Gap till the Next Big Splash Hire

jarresc

Like I've said to numerous friends over the last year and a half, I believe Jim Zorn is nothing more than a stop gap for Danny Synder until he can land the next big name coach. With Cowher, Holmgren, Gruden and Shanahan out there, I bet Danny is working a plan.

Just the fact that a man who has amassed millions of dollars over a short professional career, settles for a coach that has never called and NFL play before last season, is unexplainable. He certainly can't be that stupid of a hiring manager. I don't think so! Frankly, the man just ran out of time with this hire last season. He was *****-footing around with Mora, Fassel and others during the interview process and he settled. Zorn is so in over his head, it's shameful and sad. He is not a leader, can't motivate and seems lost with his play calling at times. He'll lose this team, if he hasn't already!

Danny will get rid of him after this season (JC too!), hire a big name proven coach and QB, and we'll let them give it a whirl for a few years. This is the cycle that he uses, we just need to take it all in as entertainment (either good or bad) and just live with it. Hell, we're the fans! How can we care more than management and the team?

In many ways, I think we do!

If they are going with a proven guy...I can only hope they hire Gruden. I don't want someone who's looking for a 3-5 year gig.

Gruden has the potential to be here for 10+ years due to his age. I also like the work ethic he brings by getting to the office early and staying late. I think we need that "roll up your sleeves and sack up" mentality here.

So, I'm all for hiring the best GM possible and letting him pick a coach, but if Snyder and Cerrato are going to be making the decision, I hope it's Gruden!

Eh, I think Shanahan lost it in the past few years, but that may be tied to the fact he was GM as well. If we're hiring a coach/GM, then we should go for Cowher, otherwise, we should hire someone from the Pats/Colts/Steelers, say a young assistant GM, or we can look at big name GM hires and throw money at him.

If we get a new coach at some point I hope it is someone like Bill Cowher if not him. We need someone who is not going to take it easy on these players and put up with playing with no heart. You can see how better the 49ers have been since Singletary got there. He seems to have at least changed the culture.

HTTR!!!!!!!

Your point makes sense. I hate to think of Zorn's opportunity as a stop gap (but, then he has been well compensated)

And I don't see any positive signs regarding Zorn or Campbell (I wish I did...)

Defensively were have some very good things happening. Stopping the Giants inside the 10 yard line on both 3rd and 4th and short brought back Dave Butz type memories!

I gotta go with Cowher. I like his toughness and the Steelers were nasty on D with him as HC. We have similar potential.

Shanahan...mwah. Next best I guess.

PLEASE: no GRUDEN.

I like the OP's point here...I thought the same thing myself...with this twist: Zorn was low risk, low cash. Big possible "upside" and a good character guy.

If Zorn gets (got?) the job done, The Danny looks brilliant. If he doesn't...nobody will blame him for firing Zorn...because HC-wise he is a nobody.

We'll end up getting Shanahan!

Which redskins fans will cheer because most fans are too damn stupid to see that playing a fantasy football version with the coaching staff isn't the way to move forward either. We'll once have a big name guy that won't be here very long and we'll be looking for another stop gap.

Dan needs to just do things the right way. Hire a GM, let him run the hiring process for a head coach and two coordinators. Keep the coaching staff together for as long as possible and build the team and the coaching staff slowly.

Dan needs to just do things the right way. Hire a GM, let him run the hiring process for a head coach and two coordinators. Keep the coaching staff together for as long as possible and build the team and the coaching staff slowly.

AMEN. That's the only real way I think we'll ever have any long term success. If Snyder wants to throw money at someone make it the brightest mind for a GM he can find.

Which redskins fans will cheer because most fans are too damn stupid to see that playing a fantasy football version with the coaching staff isn't the way to move forward either. We'll once have a big name guy that won't be here very long and we'll be looking for another stop gap.

;););););)

You are absolutely right. There is no way the Skins will get anywhere changing coaches every 2 to 3 years. They have to stick with a coach and let the system come together. The fans haven't learned a damn thing from Gibbs 2.0. So, getting a new coach will not solve the problem.

If we get a new coach at some point I hope it is someone like Bill Cowher if not him. We need someone who is not going to take it easy on these players and put up with playing with no heart. You can see how better the 49ers have been since Singletary got there. He seems to have at least changed the culture.

HTTR!!!!!!!

I do like what Singletary has done in SF! I would like to see that type of excitement here. It would help if our coaches new they ran the show. I think Zorn is afraid to ruffle feathers because he knows some players would go to Snyder directly.

I don't like that Zorn doesn't call deep passes. If thats because Campbell checks down too often, then Zorn needs to tell Campbell to stop.If thats because of the OL, then we need to invest in the OL.I want a freakin offence here in DC again!

Oh no!!!!! Don't blame the OL. Campbell had the time, when he had the ball stripped. He failed to step up in the pocket. Zorn mentioned this also. The play was to go to Cooley but was covered.

I do like what Singletary has done in SF! I would like to see that type of excitement here. It would help if our coaches new they ran the show. I think Zorn is afraid to ruffle feathers because he knows some players would go to Snyder directly.

Thats total crap. Did you see Zorn jumping in Cooleys' *** for running the wrong route.

Archived