Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC's Accuracy

helptheSKINS

JC's accuracy on sideline routes has been absolutely horrible. There were at least 2 plays including one to Malcolm in the endzone where JC throws the ball where even if it's caught the receiver is out of bounds. I haven't see this mentioned anywhere. These are completely wasted plays. With a burner like Santana even if he does catch it, there's a good chance hell land out of bounds or his momentum will force him out for no yards after catch. I hope Zorn has noticed this because it's a major issue with the passing game.

I've actually noticed this to now and in a couple different games. It isn't clear though it's his accuracy or the way the routes being run (which might tie into the way the plays being drawn up). I think sometimes the WR/play design has to leave him more room towards the sideline. You have to get the DB to move towards the middle of the field to give you the sideline.

Oh yeah, like the beautiful bomb he threw to Moss down sideline only to be dropped.

The point isn't that he NEVER makes a good throw down the sideline or even that most of them aren't, but if you watch the game, compared to similar throws by other QB's a number of them are out of bounds and essentially uncatchable.

those fade routes like the one Kelly had are really meant to be "safe" throws. He had to keep it right near the out of bounds line or else you can risk the CB jumping and catching it. I'd rather have it a bit overthrown and make a WR not get his feet in bounds, then underthrown and Intercepted.

Kelly has hardly practiced this year, I'm sure when him and Campbell get into a better rhythm they'll do better with that route anyways.

Don't jump to conclusions when you have limited info on what actually happened on the play. Also, he's smart in throwing it to the outside shoulder near the sideline because if he threw to the inside, there's a good chance he gets picked off(just like Aaron Rodgers was a few weeks ago. Granted it was a safety who got the INT, but if Rodgers put it in a different place, he wouldn't have been picked.) Don't give the "risk the pick" BS, you know what happened when Hasslebeck was picked off...

I honestly do not worry about JC's accuracy. I see way more dropped balls and missed blocks than I do bad throws. Some of you need to watch some other teams, you'll see way more bad throws than you ever see from Campbell.

You guys are too hard on him, I mean look at Hasslebecks performance yesterday, he had lots of bad throws and he is supposed to be "accurate" according to you most.

Campbell has consistantly outperformed the opposing Qbs this season with questionable protection. How many times has he been outperformed? This season he has outperformed Warner, Romo sits to pee, Brees, McNabb, to name a few.

Those fade routes failed because of Kelly, not JC. It's the responsibility of the WR to give the QB enough space to work with to complete the sideline pass. When Kelly loses position and gets forced to the sideline, where do you expect JC to throw it? If he throws it in bounds the only one with a chance to make the play is the defensive back. The throw has to be the the WR's outside shoulder every time.

Don't jump to conclusions when you have limited info on what actually happened on the play. Also, he's smart in throwing it to the outside shoulder near the sideline because if he threw to the inside, there's a good chance he gets picked off(just like Aaron Rodgers was a few weeks ago. Granted it was a safety who got the INT, but if Rodgers put it in a different place, he wouldn't have been picked.) Don't give the "risk the pick" BS, you know what happened when Hasslebeck was picked off...

I'm not talking about only yesterday's game. I'm a big supporter of JC but this pass is not a strength of his and my point is I hope Zorn is working on it. Unless the receiver is running out of bounds, you cannot blame the receiver for a throw out of bounds. The point of that throw is to lead the down the field, not out of bounds.

The WR in most cases will have to hug the sideline b/c the defender is using it to his advantage. The QB needs to be able to throw the ball to a spot where the receiver can make the catch with his feet in bounds. JC is not doing that. Blaming that on the WR is not correct. :2cents:

I'm not talking about only yesterday's game. I'm a big supporter of JC but this pass is not a strength of his and my point is I hope Zorn is working on it. Unless the receiver is running out of bounds, you cannot blame the receiver for a throw out of bounds. The point of that throw is to lead the down the field, not out of bounds.

The WR in most cases will have to hug the sideline b/c the defender is using it to his advantage. The QB needs to be able to throw the ball to a spot where the receiver can make the catch with his feet in bounds. JC is not doing that. Blaming that on the WR is not correct. :2cents:

JC is probably releasing the ball probably a little less than about a two-thirds of the way through the route. Where he sees Kelly is going is where he's going to lob it. So if Kelly was already getting to close to the sidelines due to the CB during his route and then turns around to make the catch with ball rightly aimed at his outside shoulder but is out of bounds, then it is partially his fault.

JC's accuracy on sideline routes has been absolutely horrible. There were at least 2 plays including one to Malcolm in the endzone where JC throws the ball where even if it's caught the receiver is out of bounds. I haven't see this mentioned anywhere. These are completely wasted plays. With a burner like Santana even if he does catch it, there's a good chance hell land out of bounds or his momentum will force him out for no yards after catch. I hope Zorn has noticed this because it's a major issue with the passing game.

The receivers are crowding the sidelines on their routes too much, they need to give JC a little room to maneuver.

I have to say when JC is giving time to throw the ball I have no problem whatsoever with his passes from what I see. I mean seriously it would be ideal if every pass was perfect but I watched Peyton Manning last night and even when the ball wasn't perfect his receivers made plays. Sometimes I wonder if this kid can ever satisfy these fans.

the fade to Kelly in the corner was Kelly's fault,.. not Campbells.

Campbell put the ball where he needed to, to give Kelly a chance to catch the ball.

Kelly ran himself out of the play by boxing himself between OOB and the cornerback.

Kelly needs to run that play more vertical to the back corner of the endzone instead of the sideline and that could be a TD.

Archived