Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC's Accuracy

helptheSKINS

I also think that JC has a Red Zone phobia. He 's just not very good in the Red Zone. I'll use the pass to Sellers as an example. Yes, I know that a pro athlete is supposed to catch a pass that he gets his hands on, but the pass was high. It was not an easy catch, and it should have been because the throw should have been much better than it was. Campbell had a clear line of sight and an open lane to Sellers but, for some reason, JC failed to make a good throw.

No, it wasn't a perfect throw but it was still a very catchable ball. Sellers had both hands wrapped around it.

2vjeseh.jpg

It is tough to complete balls down field when all your throw are WR sreens, RB drop Offs, Pass that go less than 5 yards to TE and REceivers. 80 to 90% of his throws do not go over 5 to 8 yrds...... Hard to complete down field if you never throw those tough passes.

I don't have this year's stats but these are the percentages of other qb's throws within 10 yds last year.

Eli Manning 75%

McNabb 79%

Brady 78%

Favre 80%

Peyton Manning 76%

JC 80%

There is really very little difference. Maybe it just seems that way because they have more than one deep threat to catch the long ball.

I also think that JC has a Red Zone phobia. He 's just not very good in the Red Zone. I'll use the pass to Sellers as an example. Yes, I know that a pro athlete is supposed to catch a pass that he gets his hands on, but the pass was high. It was not an easy catch, and it should have been because the throw should have been much better than it was. Campbell had a clear line of sight and an open lane to Sellers but, for some reason, JC failed to make a good throw.

I love how the bashers get on here and say people make excuses for JC....well this is a pretty rich excuse being made for Sellars right here

oh yea and the pass hit him in stride btw (what you claimed was a staple of the WCO)

One thing I'd like to see from JC aside from football skills is his leadership skills. I want to see more fire on the field. I want to see him chew the O-line out for not making a block. He has to command respect in the huddle and I don't think he does that. I know this is not a fair comparison, but I watch Peyton chew his rookie center out for not hiking the ball and costing them 5 yards. JC will have to know when to do it and how to get his line motivated to block better.

Archived