Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 things I like about Jim Zorn

Mothmonsterman

1. He's animated & INTO the game on the sideline without acting like an a-hole (ala bill cowher, marty). The most reaction you ever got out of Gibbs was that weird spit thing he did.

2. He's transparent with the media, you actually get some information from him about how the team is progressing from him.

3. He's incredibly polite to the media but yet doesn't back down when they question his calls. He gets very little respect in interviews even on Redskins shows.

:2cents:

1. He's animated & INTO the game on the sideline without acting like an a-hole (ala bill cowher, marty). The most reaction you ever got out of Gibbs was that weird spit thing he did.

2. He's transparent with the media, you actually get some information from him about how the team is progressing from him.

3. He's incredibly polite to the media but yet doesn't back down when they question his calls. He gets very little respect in interviews even on Redskins shows.

Why bring Joe Gibbs into this? :doh: How easy you seem to forget that Joe Gibbs has 3 Super Bowl Trophys on display at FedEx Field. He also brought stability and some respect back to this organization after years of mediocracy in his second stint with this team.

So, how about showing a little respect. If you have nothing nice to say about Joe Gibbs then maybe you just shouldn't say anything at all.

Why bring Joe Gibbs into this? :doh: How easy you seem to forget that Joe Gibbs has 3 Super Bowl Trophys on display at FedEx Field. He also brought stability and some respect back to this organization after years of mediocracy in his second stint with this team.

So, how about showing a little respect. If you have nothing nice to say about Joe Gibbs then maybe you just shouldn't say anything at all.

I dont think he meant disrespect. Each coach has their own way of doing things.

the best thing about jim zorn. is he listens to his players. Unlike gibbs, whatever gibbs called, it was okay coach but unsatisfaction from his players.. gibbs was a respected coach therefore the players just listen.. zorn seems more like a players coach

Agreed hopefully he gets the most from them to. I really hope we can keep our momentum that we had against the aints and keep getting better.

There really is no reason to bring the great Joe Gibbs into this. He brought this team the most success it ever had and then came back and brought the team back to the playoffs twice. I am sick of all the jabs. :cardsuck:

HTTR

Completely agree, no one has done more for this team than Gibbs. So what he wasnt the greatest with the media or didnt show emotion on the sidelines. He was a great coach and always knew how to get the best out of his players. I do agree its nice to see Coach Z fired up but really no reason to even be mentioning Gibbs here.

There really is no reason to bring the great Joe Gibbs into this. He brought this team the most success it ever had and then came back and brought the team back to the playoffs twice. I am sick of all the jabs. :cardsuck:

HTTR

I'm with you man. We were the laughing stock of the NFL before Gibbs came back and got us to the playoffs. People quickly forget what it was like before he came back.

:applause:

I love the post game conference. He just seems like a regular guy up at the podium. Very cool. I think we have something good going with Zorn.

yeah calm down... i wasnt ripping Gibbs... he had his success in his day & is a huge part of history here. I was just pointing out that its nice (& more entertaining) to see a coach get riled up on the sideline.

Archived