Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nice atmosphere at FedEx today

E-Dog Night

Maybe it was the cold rain, or maybe there was just a lot of feel good mojo floating in the air, but I had a wonderful experience at FedEx Field today.

Of course, whipping the Cowboys to earn a playoff spot always helps. :)

But I figured -- today of all days -- the drunken, belligerent buffoonery that has been commonplace at FEF lately would be on prominent display. And it wasn't. I did see one fight broken up, where some drunk fan was carried out of the stadium (section 120 I think). But other than that, it was a very well behaved crowd, from my perspective. Nice to see it after all the horror stories of late.

Way to keep it classy, Redskins fans!

I think the crowd put on a nice showing today. I don't think it was anywhere close to the Detroit playoff game......maybe we'll host another playoff game in the very near future, but I'll definitely take the Skins playing next week again!! It seemed like after we went ahead 7-0 the initial tension was cut and I sensed a air of confidence in the crowd that the Skins were going to get this thing done.

Also an interesting move not to show the Saints or Vikings scores on the board.....I think Gibbs wanted his players focused on their game and not wanting to back in. Of course I knew the Saints had lost and was hearing about the Vikings getting beat as the game went on, but I was surprised exiting the seating bowl after the game and seeing the Bronco kicker lining up for the GWFG in OT!!

It was a beautiful thing.

One thought though... We all know The Dan is out to gain every dollar. However, what I really needed today was a pair of gloves and they just didn't have them (and I wasn't the only one). You'd think there'd be plenty of stuff on hand. Sounds like a missed opportunity on Dan's part.

The crowd was really going wild. We were really ticked at the Refs early on and let them know it. Loud and Proud.

I had a great time. First visit this year via a present from my wife.

I noticed no fights or altercations, was surrounded by Skins fans and two pokes supporters who were pretty cool all things considered.

The one bummer is that no matter how much I jumped up and down, the stands did not bounce! Whats up with that?

AND...we won by 21 points when I was wearing my new Taylor jersey (also from my lovely wife). Obviously it was ment to be.

Hail Redskins!

It was a beautiful thing.

One thought though... We all know The Dan is out to gain every dollar. However, what I really needed today was a pair of gloves and they just didn't have them (and I wasn't the only one). You'd think there'd be plenty of stuff on hand. Sounds like a missed opportunity on Dan's part.

I would have gladly paid $20 for a pair of socks at halftime. My feet were soaked and frozen. The merchandise store didn't have any. You can get a Redskins bib for a toddler, but no socks.

Yeah, its the best I seen the stadium all season. I also like the fact that the the majority of fans were standing ALL GAME!! I looked around and I didn't see any group sitting, everyone was standing for Kick off to the final tick. I liked that. Great game, greapt atmosphere, great tailgate, [bad time trying to find someone to jump my car for my battery dying for an unknown reason] Overall Great Day!

My group had such a good time today. We park at the apollo lot and when we got there around 1 the usual spots up front were all taken. So we parked in the back and set up out canopy and grill etc.. today I decided to break out a firepit and we had one hell of a fire blazing. The game was great as you all know.. One Dallas fan was screaming at some Skins fans and he ran to get security and we all pointed the fingers at him and he was ejected. No real problems, good natured jabbings outside in the beer lines and in the mens room. Then after the game we took the bus back to the Apollo cash lot and on a bus of Skins fans, one drunken Cowpuke fan passed out on the steps of the bus and everyone was just taking pictures of him and yelling stuff to him.

I could almost feel for the guy cuz you know how it feels when your trashed, but oh well.. was a great day overall..

photo.jpg

:dallasuck

I was smiling, yelling, and jumping up and down the entire game (in section 405 -- first row). So fun.

The weather just made everything more interesting. It didn't damper the atmosphere at all. And, the rain almost completely stopped after we won so we could all celebrate. This was the complete opposite of the Bills game, after which had the rain pouring down on us as we all walked somberly to our cars. So eerie.

Archived