Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nice atmosphere at FedEx today

E-Dog Night

I was in 302, it's the best I've seen club level fans cheer in a while. Everyone was loud and the Dallas fans that were sitting next to me got angry and left after the Springs interception and never came back.

I really loved the "you suck" chants. They got very loud, louder than I remember them being the last time I went. I didn't see any fights and I didn't see much heckling of Dallas fans with the exception of one drunk ass who was running around the inside of the stadium as I was walking to my seat about 20 minutes before the game running up to Dallas fans and saying **** you in all their faces, etc. Very wrong to do that, I actually hope some Dallas fan knocked his teeth in.

Hail to the Redskins wasn't sung nearly as well as it should be and has been...but that can be excused because the you suck chant was louder than ever.

It was a great time. The loudest I've heard there.

Like mentioned, I would have paid 10-20 bucks for a single pair of socks since I wore shoes that were thin and my socks were SOAKED.

I also think 'ol Danny could make a good buck if he sold "Redskins Hot Hands" (just hot hands with redskins packaging) or something like that...2 for $5 would make a killing. They're so cheap wholesale, I don't see why it hasn't been done for late season games.

I think the crowd put on a nice showing today. I don't think it was anywhere close to the Detroit playoff game......maybe we'll host another playoff game in the very near future, but I'll definitely take the Skins playing next week again!! It seemed like after we went ahead 7-0 the initial tension was cut and I sensed a air of confidence in the crowd that the Skins were going to get this thing done.

Also an interesting move not to show the Saints or Vikings scores on the board.....I think Gibbs wanted his players focused on their game and not wanting to back in. Of course I knew the Saints had lost and was hearing about the Vikings getting beat as the game went on, but I was surprised exiting the seating bowl after the game and seeing the Bronco kicker lining up for the GWFG in OT!!

I noticed the scoreboard thing too. The first few times I thought I had missed it and was a little confused but I knew at least the Saints game had started because my sister told me the score before the Redskins game started so I concluded that not showing the score was by design. I didn't know the score of the Vikings game until I got back home but of course I didn't care :)

Finally like a lot of people my feet were frigidly soaked.

Archived