Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Green carted off again

TK

That is twice in 2 years. He should really consider retiring

Miami just needs to start Quinn.

Wait a second.....

Maybe Ted Ginn can strap on a playcalling bracelet and sling em downfield (if he's really fast he can throw then run downfield and catch his own pass)

Didn't the guy who hit him start taunting him as he was unconscious? (It was on the NBC halftime show)

He stood over Green and was yelling at him for trying to take out his knees... I dont believe he knew Green was unconscious at the time, but I could be wrong...

He stood over Green and was yelling at him for trying to take out his knees... I dont believe he knew Green was unconscious at the time, but I could be wrong...

That would be valid except that he kept talking about it as Green was being carried off on the stretcher AND was still raving after the game.

Idiot.

Didn't the guy who hit him start taunting him as he was unconscious? (It was on the NBC halftime show)

yeah I saw that... Although you dont want to see a player taunting another player that is on the ground but to be fair that happened like 4-5 secs after the collision. I doubt Travis Johnson really knew at that moment how serious Green was hurt.

Travis Johnson was pissed cause Trent did try to catch him at the knees. It could have easily seriously injured Johnson as well if you actually see the replay. Johnson got chopped block at the knees in the open field going full speed. The blow to the knee actually flipped Johnson over and he landed on his helmet first to the ground. Probably its just his natural reaction from the block when he got up. I dont think Travis Johnson was intentionally trying to taunt a man that was knocked out.

This is Travis Johnson's comment.

"The bottom line is, it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for," Johnson said. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking, and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today," Johnson said. "If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he was."

That would be valid except that he kept talking about it as Green was being carried off on the stretcher AND was still raving after the game.

Idiot.

Hmm where did you hear about him talking trash about Green as he was getting carted off?

And after the game comments, the reporters were drilling him about taunting while Green was down. Probably Johnson could have answered it better but I could see his point of view especially after see his name being dragged through the dirt for a play that resulted from Green going after his knees to throw the block.

Ohhh, I was unaware of that... the guy is clearly a moron... just listen to his comments.

Yeah.

"I gotta eat like everyone else"

Okay man.. you DIDN'T get injured, you can STILL play, and the guy that went after you got carted off on a stretcher. Then you wanna bring God into it?

STUPID S***!

Hmm where did you hear about him talking trash about Green as he was getting carted off?

And after the game comments, the reporters were drilling him about taunting while Green was down. Probably Johnson could have answered it better but I could see his point of view especially after see his name being dragged through the dirt for a play that resulted from Green going after his knees to throw the block.

It was on Football In America.

It was on Football In America.

I think they just showed the replay of him yelling at Green while he was on the ground. I dont think he was yelling at Green as he was on the stretcher. They showed him talking to his teammates (probably talking about what happened on the play) but he wasnt taunting Green while he was on the cart.

Like I said he probably could have answered the reporters better but come on Johnson was getting his named dragged through the dirt by the reporters.

I think they just showed the replay of him yelling at Green while he was on the ground. I dont think he was yelling at Green as he was on the stretcher. They showed him talking to his teammates (probably talking about what happened on the play) but he wasnt taunting Green while he was on the cart.

Like I said he probably could have answered the reporters better but come on Johnson was getting his named dragged through the dirt by the reporters.

Yeah, NBC kind of spliced clips together to make it look worse than it was.

Johnson made the comments at his press conference, and if you see the block, it was clearly a low block ... it's the kind of thing that could have seriously injured both Johnson and Green.

Johnson stood over Green and taunted him after the play, drawing a 15-yard penalty. After the game, Johnson, a third-year pro from Florida State, defended himself, saying Green tried to injure him.

"It was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for," Johnson told reporters. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head.

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he was." In the other locker room, the Dolphins questioned Johnson's character.

Also, Green was joking in the locker room after the game, so at the time of Johnson's interview he might have already known that Green was okay.

So, the sight of Green walking, talking, even smiling, in the locker room before he packed his bag to join his team on the trip home was a relief for everyone, including a winless team that needed some good news on another difficult Sunday.

"You're not happy about losing," offensive tackle L.J. Shelton said, "but just seeing him on his feet again that's a bright spot for us. We need one right now." A 57-yard field goal by Texans' kicker Kris Brown with one second remaining kept the Dolphins (0-5) from ending an emotionally draining day on a high note.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/10/07/1008dolphins.html

yeah I saw that... Although you dont want to see a player taunting another player that is on the ground but to be fair that happened like 4-5 secs after the collision. I doubt Travis Johnson really knew at that moment how serious Green was hurt.

Travis Johnson was pissed cause Trent did try to catch him at the knees. It could have easily seriously injured Johnson as well if you actually see the replay. Johnson got chopped block at the knees in the open field going full speed. The blow to the knee actually flipped Johnson over and he landed on his helmet first to the ground. Probably its just his natural reaction from the block when he got up. I dont think Travis Johnson was intentionally trying to taunt a man that was knocked out.

This is Travis Johnson's comment.

That's messed up..... but what kind of block would he expect to get out of a QB? Green wasn't doing anything but playing hard, most QB's actually woulda just pretended to block but then whiffed.

Archived