Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

I'm surprised no one has hit on this. It seems like every long run against the skins has involved this guy getting shoved back 20 yards. He can't hold his ground at all. He has two sacks on the season and people are willing to forget that he gets run over constantly. I'm surprised teams haven't been running to his side more often considering the success last season. It should be a crime for our coaches to allow a 252lbs DE out on the field on every down.

Are you kidding me?

3 games, 9 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble.

Let's crucify Carter because Daniels and Evans are being so productive on the opposite side, right? Their combined stats don't even match Carter.

I agree with your point about him being undersized, but that's all. The guy was a linebacker. He's just getting into the zone at end, and he's consistently in great shape. Sorry, your scapegoat is null and void.

I just re-watched last week's game. The guy was constantly picked on in the running game, especially in the second half. Just watch the tape yourself to understand where I'm coming from. I remember during the Philly game where most of Westbrook's success came at the expense of Carter, too. I can't believe there are people actually defending this guy in the run game. He can occasionally get to the passer, I can understand that. He cannot, however, rush the passer if he is constantly being bull-dozed over on every run.

I'm surprised no one has hit on this. It seems like every long run against the skins has involved this guy getting shoved back 20 yards. He can't hold his ground at all. He has two sacks on the season and people are willing to forget that he gets run over constantly. I'm surprised teams haven't been running to his side more often considering the success last season. It should be a crime for our coaches to allow a 252lbs DE out on the field on every down.

He is a situational pass rusher who we paid like a starting DE.

We need to spend 2 picks on DEs, one of them a high one.

On the other hand, it is very difficult to find BIG DEs who can play the run and pass.

While we were trading away 3rd and 4th round picks for Lloyd and Duckett, and drafting fullbacks and linebackers that aren't even on the team, franchises like Dallas were using such mid-round picks to draft guys like Chris Canty. He's 6'7", 300 pounds, starts, and was drafted in the 4th round.

Next year is deep in lineman. If the FO doesn't spend a high pick on a DE, it is inexcusable. And they need to roll the dice on another Canty or Blades type guy who is a DE. I'm not going to be all negative here, because Montgomery and Golston are similar finds.

That's funny, the negativity out of nowhere.

It is, pessimism out of the blue is ridiculous. That said, although he put it together terribly and timed it horribly, I wouldn't say he is completely wrong. Carter is a weakness in the run game. He's becoming a great pass rusher, but I wish we could get in a situational DE on certain downs.

Dang...just out of nowhere you come out with that gem? Good grief, man. Take a chill pill.

Andre Carter is doing a decent job as a Defensive End. he's not perfect, for sure, but he's contributing with his sacks and his ability to provide a valid pass rush. That was missing last year, probably because it took him a while to adjust, but he's improved immensely since then.

He is a situational pass rusher who we paid like a starting DE.

We need to spend 2 picks on DEs, one of them a high one.

On the other hand, it is very difficult to find BIG DEs who can play the run and pass.

While we were trading away 3rd and 4th round picks for Lloyd and Duckett, and drafting fullbacks and linebackers that aren't even on the team, franchises like Dallas were using such mid-round picks to draft guys like Chris Canty. He's 6'7", 300 pounds, starts, and was drafted in the 4th round.

Next year is deep in lineman. If the FO doesn't spend a high pick on a DE, it is inexcusable. And they need to roll the dice on another Canty or Blades type guy who is a DE. I'm not going to be all negative here, because Montgomery and Golston are similar finds.

I think our first two picks need to be linemen, but on the offensive side of the ball. Or one O-linemen, and then a D-lineman, but we need to draft O-line coming up. Jansen is breaking down and i dont know hom much longer Samuels can perform at an elite level. :2cents:

]']It is' date=' pessimism out of the blue is ridiculous. That said, although he put it together terribly and timed it horribly, I wouldn't say he is completely wrong. Carter is a weakness in the run game. He's becoming a great pass rusher, but I wish we could get in a situational DE on certain downs.[/quote']

Good post, it would be nice to have a situational guy to throw in there. Maybe we'll get a major impact guy in the draft. I can't think of too many other positions (other than the right side of our o-line) to draft that high.

Archived