Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

I'd agree that Carter isn't great at containing the weakside against the run. That said, he is the only one on our line that gets consistent pressure on the QB, and the LB's behind him (Rocky and Fletch) are both strong against the run, which helps cover his flaws.

With our team run defense being as strong as it is, I'd say you're probably worrying about the issue too much. Carter's a speed-rusher, and especially with how shaky our pass-defense looks as is, I'd say Carter's a much greater asset against the pass than he is a liability against the run.

We're not even playing this weekend. Where is all this negativity coming from? The man has two sacks in 3 games. He's on pace to have a very good season. We are doing pretty good against the run and there is nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath.

I'm surprised no one has hit on this. It seems like every long run against the skins has involved this guy getting shoved back 20 yards. He can't hold his ground at all. He has two sacks on the season and people are willing to forget that he gets run over constantly. I'm surprised teams haven't been running to his side more often considering the success last season. It should be a crime for our coaches to allow a 252lbs DE out on the field on every down.

So I think we will be accepting D'Pablos apology by the end of the season.

Oh my god! One of our players has a flaw! That must mean he sucks. :doh:

There isn't much doubt that Carter is somewhat weak against a power running game, but so is Dwight Freeney. Unless you are able to get a premiere talent like Julius Peppers or Michael Strahan, there are going to be tradeoffs.

Jason

you do realized that when he's getting pushed back via double team that a LINEBACKER or safety is RESPONSIBLE for filling the play right?

Sure I do. Who's responsible when it's a FB or a TE all by themselves?

Once upon a time, this board was about debate. Now it's about being an ass to whoever strikes up the debate. Feel free to say I'm wrong, but how about backing it up with something? Or hell, just be respectful. We're all (mostly, anyway) skins fans here. I didn't attack you, so I'd expect not to be attacked myself.

It's almost like I've insulted a board member's sick child by the way you guys have irrationally pounced on this thread. You don't have to read a single word that I've written. If you'd like to have a happy feel-good-time thread, go check out the "Destroy Detroit" thread. Leave this space for actual debate.

you're crazy, i stopped reading after a few words. I wish you knew what you were talking about before you ramble your mouth and spit out dumb words.

Andre Carter get's constant pressure and is always getting doubled.

I think they should switch him on Both sides of the DEnd that way they couldnt do what they do but andre does not suck. you cant base one game and a Loss at that on the mans performance

As others have stated, Carter has been double teamed alot this season so far. Now one, compare this to last season when it didn't happen as much. Big improvement there. And he's still getting pressure at times. Also, if he did suck, those teams wouldn't be spending as much time doubling up on the man. I'm not saying this happens all the time, but enough to make one realize that other teams offenses are paying a lot more attention to him these days. And there's a reason for that.

]']It is' date=' pessimism out of the blue is ridiculous. That said, although he put it together terribly and timed it horribly, I wouldn't say he is completely wrong. Carter is a weakness in the run game. He's becoming a great pass rusher, but I wish we could get in a situational DE on certain downs.[/quote']Perfect quote. Took the words right out of my mouth.

If Andre is the only threat we have on our D-Line then we must be pretty porus.

Andre was not great when he played for the 49ers, and hence they let him go. He is not OC from the NY Giants! Now, thats one guy we need to get ...

As others have stated, Carter has been double teamed alot this season so far. Now one, compare this to last season when it didn't happen as much. Big improvement there. And he's still getting pressure at times. Also, if he did suck, those teams wouldn't be spending as much time doubling up on the man. I'm not saying this happens all the time, but enough to make one realize that other teams offenses are paying a lot more attention to him these days. And there's a reason for that.

Quoted for truth. :applause:

Archived