Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Those Freaking Out

redskns21

These kind of cheer me up... But I really don't care how many preseaons games we win or lose... I want to win when it counts.

yeah, we could lose all of our pre-season games and we will all be freaking out, but if we win even our first game we'll all settle down and feel better:silly:

It's not wins and losses I look at in preseason games. It's consistency and continuity. I saw neither of those two things tonight. Our offense isn't in rhythm... it's a good pass play and then two poorly executed plays.... followed by a punt.

On defense we look tenacious.... but tonight I believe the unit looked tired and lethargic. This team needs to get serious and stop reading the paper clippings. This team has the talent to be a superbowl contender.... but the offense is out of sync (probably expected) and the defense appears vulnerable to big plays because it appears tired.

I know we are the fans with the most heart in the NFL, but the reactions tonight seemed EXTREME for the preseason. Weren't we 0-4 in the pre-season and looking like crap most of the time in 1991??....hmmmmm someone please refresh my memory as to what happened during the regular AND post-season that year. The defense rests your honor

This happens every year. A bunch of young fans come in here screaming that the sky is falling just because we didn't light it up in pre-season.

This next paragraph should be a sticky at the beginning of August every year. When Spurrier was here, we were killing people in preseason and ended up with a losing record. In 1991, we lost every single preseason game and finished 14-2, most of the wins coming in blowouts and shutouts. The lesson, THE SCOREBOARD DOESN'T MATTER! The coaches are evaluating individual plays and players and not really giving a damn about the final score, or whether the starting offense scored or not. Those type of things will become objectives when putting a W in our win/loss column will have some lasting value.

So calm down, take a shot of patron, and for god's sake Skins fans, get ahold of yourselves. :doh:

It's not wins and losses I look at in preseason games. It's consistency and continuity. I saw neither of those two things tonight. Our offense isn't in rhythm... it's a good pass play and then two poorly executed plays.... followed by a punt.

This is the only thing that has me not happy.

I don't care if we win or lose in the preseason...the team didn't perform very well. And we still got some injuries. :mad:

If anyone is worried or losing sleep over the fact we got beat (soundly) in the first 2 preseason games they obviously dont realize how far from a REGULAR season game these games actually are.

The offense we ran was very vanilla....the defense the same.

These are practice games...they mold the team for the regular season and thats it. They are ORGANIZED practices.

Remember Spurriers first year? We looked unstoppable and we blew out the 49ers to open up the season....beat the Panthers and the Steelers etc...

Didnt we go 1-3 last year in the preseason?????

10-6 was the important thing.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is worried or losing sleep over the fact we got beat (soundly) in the first 2 preseason games they obviously dont realize how far from a REGULAR season game these games actually are.

The offense we ran was very vanilla....the defense the same.

These are practice games...they mold the team for the regular season and thats it. They are ORGANIZED practices.

Remember Spurriers first year? We looked unstoppable and we blew out the 49ers to open up the season....beat the Panthers and the Steelers etc...

Didnt we go 1-3 last year in the preseason?????

10-6 was the important thing.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!

I'm not necessarily worried after the loss tonight. But, it was just tough to watch tonight since the Skins did look pretty bad.

By the way, our second team defense is horrendous!! They couldn't make a play if their lives depended on it.

Your're kidding, right?

This horrible performance tonight showed how weak and pathetic our team and coaching staff is. Just listen to the Coach's press conference. IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT! Dogs and cats living together; just read the signs people!

;) Pre-season, you gotta love the mood swings. ;)

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

For those freaking out.........

Remember Steve Spurrier went 4-1 in preseason, everybody was saying what an offensive genius he was. But what mattered most was what he did in the regular season which was god awful lest we have short memory!!

Presesason is what it is, Exhibition. :obvious:

Archived