Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

REPORT: Arrington's knee is acting up again

REDMAN7

Arrington's knee is acting up again :gaintsuck

http://www.insidefootball.com/tailgateclub/viewtopic.php?t=218

Giants coach Tom Coughlin referred to as his "surgical knee." "Am I concerned? Sure, I'm concerned," Coughlin said. "But I am aware of the circumstances, and hopefully we can get these things under control and get him back out there." Considering Coughlin's suggestion he might be limited when he returns, Arrington could struggle to be ready for the game in Baltimore.

Training Camp Observations for 8/6

This practice was in shells. It was on the close field so there was a good view.

First the bad. Lavar was out. His knee was heavily wrapped. They didn't even let him ride the regular bike, rather they had him working on the upper body bike. He walked gingerly and with a limp. I could see he was even uncomfortable standing on the side lines watching the practice.

Brandon Jacobs also did not practice, but he did warm up.

Moss was still out. However based on the kind of work he was doing, I think we will see him in the evening practice.

!9 Traindos Luke watch. They had him fielding kickoffs. He looked OK doing this. THey started him as a second string WR. However for some reason he then was pushed back so he didn't do much more. Still expect this kid at least on the practice squad.

Morton was taking more snaps as RB. He is still an excellent runner, although he dropped an easy pass.

Only Manning looked sharp among the QBs on this practice. J-load looked the worst in my opinion

They ran a nice screen with Tiki

Webster is looking sharping. He isn't giving the cushion like he did last season.

The 3rd sting TE battle heated up. With both Boo and Fletcher looking very good. Shank was still out, but Shockey was back at practice.

31 FB Greg Hanoian didn't make a good case for himself. Missed a few blocks.

Kiwi was the second string RDE. Tuck was second string LDE. Kiwi is fast and even got a pressure.

Whimper is now the second string LT (and a little RT). He was up and down in his perfomance.

Caught a nice battle on one pass play between Kiwi and Whimper. Whimper won that match

Short and Torber were the OLBs (emmons was also out). They swapped around between weak and strong.

Lavar will not make it thru the season as his knee will give out on him. Not saying the g-strings made a bad decision. It's not going to cost them much salary cap wise, but if your counting on him as a starter with no viable back up, your in for a long season.

Sore, that's it. Giants didn't let him practice as a precaution.

:doh: It is only training camp and it is already "sore." He has had problems with his knee for a few seasons now, and it is already acting up on him before the first PRE-season game. Have fun with your "precautions" this year!!!

:doh: It is only training camp and it is already "sore." He has had problems with his knee for a few seasons now, and it is already acting up on him before the first PRE-season game. Have fun with your "precautions" this year!!!

Wrod is his tenditious is slightly acting up, resulting in a sore knee. HE was very positive on the sideline, joking with both the fans and the players/coaches.

Signed some autographs and jogged off....

The thing about Lavar is that he NEEDS to be close to 100% to be an impact player. The reason is Lavar really has at best mediocre football intelligence, he makes his living off of his amazing athletism. Without his physical skills, Lavar is an average linebacker. So even if he plays and the knee bothers him then Lavar is not going to be even close to the player he was early on with the skins. I think that is a fair assessment.

I'm not going to consider this as anything serious, unless I hear so from a trainer.

By the way, how about some of you take the high road and show come class? (As always, this is not directed to all of you, some of you are showing it) You're hoping he can't play and has to retire? C'mon. I would think that you would want to beat him fair and square at 100% on the field, so that there are no excuses.

I hope he's alright. He may have left on bitter terms but he should have the right to play healthy as all athletes do...

**** him. Hes talked **** about the fans and organization.

He was an ass and wont get his ring this year with the rest of our guys and deserves this for the way hes acted...

I don't wish any bad injuries to Lavar, I just seriously hope when he is out on the field for the Wee-men that he shows how much of a "great" football player he is by being....a average linebacker. He has done nothing but whine and moan about his tenure in Washington. I am sick of it. I hope he will make Giants fans realize that the dude just isnt that good.

I'm not going to consider this as anything serious, unless I hear so from a trainer.

By the way, how about some of you take the high road and show come class? (As always, this is not directed to all of you, some of you are showing it) You're hoping he can't play and has to retire? C'mon. I would think that you would want to beat him fair and square at 100% on the field, so that there are no excuses.

funny how it is some of the smaller injuries that seem to come back and bite a player for the entire season. Keep hoping that it is "nothing serious".

And why should we show class to a player that disgraced our organization?

Sore, that's it. Giants didn't let him practice as a precaution.
Wrod is his tenditious is slightly acting up, resulting in a sore knee. HE was very positive on the sideline, joking with both the fans and the players/coaches.

Signed some autographs and jogged off....

Yeah, we here in Washington have dealt with his "sore knee" many times before. Its much more serious than he's letting on. I hope he's healthy, because personally I always liked him and I don't wish injuries on anyone, but the likelyhood of that is not so great. :2cents:

funny how it is some of the smaller injuries that seem to come back and bite a player for the entire season. Keep hoping that it is "nothing serious".

And why should we show class to a player that disgraced our organization?

I find it funny how soon some forget what he meant to organization a few years ago (I may be wrong on this and if I am I apoligize and someone can correct me.) But isn't he the same player who gave Redskins fans a ray of hope when he first joined the team and the times he went to the pro bowl? In the end he may not have reached certain exxpectations, but he sure as hell provided some sort of hope each season with the exception of the last 2 or so.

Now, he may have said some things that should'nt have been said and hurt some fans and the organization. I can see that as deserving of a harsh welcome back at Fed Ex Field, but certainly don't see that as a reason to hope the man is not able to play again and has to retire.

Once again, I may be wrong on this as I'm not a Redskins fan and dont pay attention to them too much. I didn't follow that whole ordeal very closely, and I may be missing some very important facts. If I am, please correct me. However, I doubt I missed anything that would make me think hoping for the end of someone's career is a valid wish.

**** him. Hes talked **** about the fans and organization.

He was an ass and wont get his ring this year with the rest of our guys and deserves this for the way hes acted...

If every athlete who ever talked **** about teams and/or fans were injured and not able to play, there'd be a grand total of 14 players in the NFL...lol...I think it's petty and immature to wish someone physical harm, to hope that they're denied the ability to do what they've spent their entire lives preparing for...and to do so gleefully. Noone "deserves" injury.

If every athlete who ever talked **** about teams and/or fans were injured and not able to play, there'd be a grand total of 14 players in the NFL...lol...I think it's petty and immature to wish someone physical harm, to hope that they're denied the ability to do what they've spent their entire lives preparing for...and to do so gleefully. Noone "deserves" injury.

Umm...please show me where I stated that I "wish" him "physical harm"....

The point is if you leave as a dick and bad things happen to you, you deserve them, Im a fan of Lavaar, and I always like him. No, I dont wish him ill, but he does deserve it the way he went out.

The longer this keeps up, Giants fans should expect fraudulent allegations against those around him who are "holding him down" and have "vendettas" against him. I just wonder who his target will be? Coughlin? Tim Lewis? Or will he even accuse the Redskins again, despite now being a couple hundred miles away from the team and months removed from being released? Who knows with this guy. I'm sure he and the Postons will huddle up and think up something to blame others for their problems.

You're probably right but Arrington has been running his mouth a lot lately and a kneejerk reaction would be to say ***** him.

I didn't follow that whole ordeal very closely, and I may be missing some very important facts. If I am, please correct me. However, I doubt I missed anything that would make me think hoping for the end of someone's career is a valid wish.

While I don't wish harm on Lavar, I think the word that his knee might be acting up has a lot of Skins fans saying "I told you so." It seemed as though some media types and Giant fans thought Lavar would be the guy to put the Giants over the top, but we Skins fans are all too familiar with his history of injuries, and his history of being a pain in the ***.

Good luck with your new player.

Archived