Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help me with DOG problem !

Mickalino

I live in a townhouse in a rental community. And 3 doors down, there's a guy lets out his dog EVERY morning into their fenced-in patio at about 7AM.

And for the ENTIRE morning, the dog will CONSTANTLY bark. It's loud, high-pitched annoying, irritating and constant. It's the most disturbing thing. He's one of those dogs that apparently barks at nothing, and knows no limits or boundaries. He even alternates between moaning and groaning and barking. But I swear it is constant, and I want to hurt this dog so badly, but I know I wouldnt get much sympathy here, with all the dog-lovers.

Anyone know a peaceful solution ? Is there some kind of dog whistle I can blow that will make the dog so fearful that it will shut the hell up ? Would Animal Control handle this, or do they just handle stray or wild animals ? Is there usually an ordinance against this, and if so, what agency would handle it ?

the first thing i would do is talk to the owner . if that doesn't work ,have you considered calling the rental office and putting in a complaint ? i'm sure there are rules about noise in the rental complex your in ? :2cents:

I would suggest talking to the owner ,or if you are not comfortable with that, the management of the property. As a last resort the police can intervene.

I am a dog owner but if this is other than a minor annoyance you should do something about it.

Ok you can do a few things:

1. Talk to the owner if you have not already done so. You can mention purchasing a "no bark collar" etc. If you do not feel comfortable talking to them about it leave info on their door about dog barking training supplies etc.

2. If the owner does not change anything then go to the rental office. Every HOA etc has ordinances against things like this.

3. If that is unsuccessful you can notify animal control and they will talk to the owner. If it persists they might even take the animal.

4. You can also call the local police department. They can also step in for a noise violation.

Hope this helps!

They make shock collars that allows the dog to bark once without getting shocked.The second bark will recieve a shock. It's a mild shock. I had a dog about ten years ago that had to wear one. They learn real fast not to bark more than once. After the first bark the dog will have to wait several minutes before barking again without getting shocked.

Originally posted by RyansRangers

Go over to the dog and start barking back at it

That's what I do.

My roommates dog still barks at me when I come in the door. It's only been here about two months, but still, pretty damn ridiculous.

As soon as I walk in I just freak out on her and growl.

One of these days I may bite.

Originally posted by js161

you know what Eddie, when no one's around I kick the s**t out of the dog and giggle my motherf**king ass off.

Eddie Murphy- RAW or Delirious. I don't remember

Do you realy think that is a smart thing to post knowing I am in this thread? This is your first warning! That statement alone makes my blood pressure go up!

Originally posted by Disco Dave

They make shock collars that allows the dog to bark once without getting shocked.The second bark will recieve a shock. It's a mild shock. I had a dog about ten years ago that had to wear one. They learn real fast not to bark more than once. After the first bark the dog will have to wait several minutes before barking again without getting shocked.

No Bark Collars are collars that when a dog barks it sprays citronella. Citronella is safe and does not hurt the dog. They also hate the smell and learn bark=nasty smell.

Originally posted by Huly

Do you realy think that is a smart thing to post knowing I am in this thread? This is your first warning! That statement alone makes my blood pressure go up!

sorry, please forgive me:notworthy

Originally posted by Huly

No Bark Collars are collars that when a dog barks it sprays citronella. Citronella is safe and does not hurt the dog. They also hate the smell and learn bark=nasty smell.

Is this really a good idea? My Sheltie will bark a lot sometimes,

but it can be a good thing. It will bark and go nuts if something

is in the backyard.

My neighbor had a yipper dog (the worst kind) and it barked all day and night because it was winter and freaking cold outside. So I wrote a note saying that I could contact the managment company and police/animal control if she didn't keep her dog inside. There was SNOW on the ground at the time for crying out loud!

It worked.

I often feel bad because I have a young dog that I let out in the morning before I go to work (5:30 am). If she sees something, she'll bark. I run outside to stop her, but I do worry the damage has been done at times.

How does one keep a dog from barking at squirrels/birds in the bird bath?

Originally posted by zoony

my neighbors have a hound...

DAM... now that is annoying. You all have nothing to complain about, TRUST ME.

I don't think anything is worse than a beagle tuning up,but a hound is pretty bad ;)

This really isn't a dog thread; it's a rude neighbor thread. Telling the neighbor that it's unreasonable to have his dog carrying on at 7 a.m. doesn't mean you hate dogs. It does mean you hate noise. I would and do too and even though I absolutely adore my own dog.

Actually, if you don't want to create friction with your neighbor, an anonymous letter in his/her mailbox would certainly do the trick.

Involving the police/HA/etc. I would do only if it continues after that.

Originally posted by zoony

my neighbors have a hound...

DAM... now that is annoying. You all have nothing to complain about, TRUST ME.

I have 2 HOUNDS! Mine are very good though and if they get too loud I pull them inside! The main thing that triggers them is a lady walks her Golden Retrievers behind my fence every day between 6-6:30pm. Well she lets one dog run without a leash and it goes straight to my fence. I can not yell at my dogs for barking then or shall I say HOWLING. That is just instinct.

Yes the No Bark Collar works! It is safe and effective. My Gibbs wore one for a few weeks as when we first got him he would HOWL when I put him to bed. Now I do not have an issue with him!

Some people are going as far as debarking their dog by removing their vochal chords. To me that is cruel!

js161,

I forgive you just this one but do not do it again! :D

Archived