Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theiman says Darrell Green Should Not Be In HOF

michaeln

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

Did he say why?

No, he didn't say why. Just a "yes", a pause and then a "no." Then they went on to the next name. I was thinking why didnt' Patrick ask Theisman the obvious question?

I think DG is a lock. If Darrell Green doesn't get in, that will prove that there is a anti-Redskin bias in the Hall of Fame. The credibility of the HOF would be questioned, IMHO.

But, we also thought that about Art Monk. :whoknows:

darrell green is the greatest cb of all time. Joe theisman is the most annoying anouncer of all time! I hate theisman, it sounds like something he would say. art monk should have been in the hall of fame the first year he was eligiblel. Only Jerry Rice was better than art.

For once, I can agree with Redskins fans on a couple of things:

1. Darrell Green does belong in the HOF.

2. Joe Theismann is a moron. It only took some you guys 20 years to figure it out. I pretty much knew when he threw that bonehead interception in SB XVIII.

People saying stuff about Thiemann's broken leg is classless. That was one of the most devastating injuries of all time in football. I don't wish that kind of injury on anyone. Joe was an MVP of the league and lead OUR team to the SB twice and won it once. Joe is entitled to his opinion. Just like you guys are. What makes your opinion out weigh his so much to call his moronic?

Charity work, Playing for 1 team does not make you a HOF

Level of play during the years you are in the NFL does, and to me, that will get #28 in the HOF

Theismann is an idiot. Green is a 7 time Pro Bowl CB who played his entire career on a team that was always underrepresented in the Pro Bowl. At least John Madden had it right and put Green on his All-Madden team almost every year, even when the Skins were going 4-12.

Originally posted by CoachParcells

For once, I can agree with Redskins fans on a couple of things:

1. Darrell Green does belong in the HOF.

2. Joe Theismann is a moron. It only took some you guys 20 years to figure it out. I pretty much knew when he threw that bonehead interception in SB XVIII.

Another passive aggressive post Coach Parcells...sort of like, the Cowboys were great in the 90's, but they suck turds right now.

But, please hang around...you're kinda funny.

Maybe he's just speaking honestly about the state of the process of picking people. I know many people hate him, but he's still our guy and I still like him. What he did for us his last 4-5 seasons was simply great. I like him. I like hearing him as an announcer and he'll always be one of my favorites and IMO, had he not gotten injured and could've putten together about 3 more solid seasons he could've been in the HOF.

Guest skin by grace
Originally posted by redskinsffanatic

We all know what Kilmer said about Theisman.

What? What?:whoknows:

Theismann played longer with Monk and more closely. Green was just starting his NFL career when Theismann retired and played on the other side of the ball.

I think Theismann's comments are based on that relationship with Monk and in no way show an unbiased opinion.

Green was a 7 time pro bowler who when he retired was the then current leader in career interceptions. He also had as big an impact on the postseason success of his teams over the years as any cornerback since Lester Hayes and Michael Haynes.

The big knock on Monk rightfully or wrongfully is a lack of production in the postseason and in making the big, signature plays to help the Redskins win.

Darrell Green during his 20 year career was JUST that type of football player :)

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

Maybe he's just speaking honestly about the state of the process of picking people. I know many people hate him, but he's still our guy and I still like him. What he did for us his last 4-5 seasons was simply great. I like him. I like hearing him as an announcer and he'll always be one of my favorites and IMO, had he not gotten injured and could've putten together about 3 more solid seasons he could've been in the HOF.

He could have been in the HOF if he had done great things before Gibbs took over in 81 which was about his 10th professional year. The fact is he was no better than Rypien in the end.

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

Maybe I am wrong since I was only 8 years old in 1985, when LT broke his leg, but wasnt he having an aweful year and people where crying for head?

I thought he was having an aweful season in 85.

Guest skin by grace
Originally posted by MeNoRevs

Maybe I am wrong since I was only 8 years old in 1985, when LT broke his leg, but wasnt he having an aweful year and people where crying for head?

I thought he was having an aweful season in 85.

Absolutely correct

I don't post here often...and yes I am a Dallas Fan (Ducking from the beer bottles being thrown).

But I think think that Darrell Green should be a 1st ballot HOF'er.

Being the old guy that I am, I've seen the guy play lights out for years. To think ole Joe would say something like that about Darrell Green is really just showing his ignorance.

First, I believe someone said early in this thread that Darrell didn't take away half the field like Deon did. This is just false. I heard Parcels tell Phill Simms before a game not to even look Darrell's way during the game or he would bench him.

Second, me recollection is that Theisman was getting happy feet his last year and was really stinking things up. It may have been due to a lack of good protection. But, that was a long time ago, and it seems I have trouble remembering yesterday's events nowadays.

Originally posted by MeNoRevs

People saying stuff about Thiemann's broken leg is classless. That was one of the most devastating injuries of all time in football. I don't wish that kind of injury on anyone.

Oh lighten up.....Believe it or not....I'm not actually going to call my good ole' buddy LT up and pay him to break Joe Theisman's other leg. It was in jest.

Now, if I would have said that I hope the first time Drew Bledsoe throws a pass this season his arm flys off and impales Meshawn through the back.......that would be classless......but I would never say such a thing.

And finally in my defense.....Joe is a poopoo head.

Darrell Green definately deserves to be in the HOF....Not only for his longevity but his high level of play over that time...Can anyone ever remember him having a poor season?

DG is in the top 3 of best corners of his era...Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, and Deon Sanders...

Archived