Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theiman says Darrell Green Should Not Be In HOF

michaeln

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
Originally posted by Hooper

If Theisman said that his star should be removed from the Redskins ring of fame (or whatever it's called). Seriously.

100% agree.....what happened to the Redskin Fraternity?

Theeesman has never been a team player, never will.

Originally posted by PleaseBlitz

I was going to say the same thing. Add to that all of his NFL's Fastest Man domination really raised his national profile. I think #28 will get in, first ballot, but the vote will be far too close for comfort

:2cents:

Good point PleaseBlitz Hell he ran with that race this year even.came in 4th out of 4, but was right in the pack at days away from 45years old All I know is I'll be in Canton when he's inducted 1st ballot. Joe might want to get the Whizzanator in case the media starts testing for CRACK !!!!

What did Kilmer say about Theisman?

Just to add, I think that Green was a much better player than Monk. What will get DG in on the 1st ballot is that cornerback is more subjective to voters. They can look at Monk's receptions, TD, yards and compare. The only thing they can look at DG for is interceptions. It's just much less of a numbers game with cornerbacks. Also, cornerback is more of a high-profile position than an guard of tackle. Green won't get lost in the shuffle like Grimm and Jacoby. Also, Green was a fan favorite and well known around the league.

From my memory. I couldn't name one DB (CB) other than Deion that should be in the HOF during Green's tenure.

Help me out, who in those 20 years compares to Green's numbers and PLAYMAKING ability?

Swann gets in b/c he was, more than anything, a solid performer in the clutch. Green, from my recall, did take the top reciever on every team every game. I actually remember him as starting that trend, unless someone did it in the 70's. He took away half the field, THAT'S A FACT.

WOW, 1st ballot and standard bearer IMO.

Whatever Joe?!?!?!? (JEALOUSY?)

Originally posted by michaeln

Just heard Joe Theisman on ESPN's Jim Patrick show answering questions on who should be in the HOF. He talked at length about why Art Monk should be in the HOF, but that the process is too subjective and political. He also said Jacoby and Grimm should be in, but said no to Mark Moseley and, surprisingly, Darrell Green. Go figure?

ok "broke leg Joe".. name 3 corners that had better careers?

Originally posted by stburn

Refresh my memory. What did Kilmer say?

This from the Billy Kilmer tribute thread:

When the Redskins named the ’70 Greatest Redskins’ in 2002, Kilmer, Jurgensen, and Theismann were together for the first time in nearly two decades. Although no blows were thrown, it was clear there was still no love lost as Kilmer told a local reporter Theismann “was a jerk then, and always will be.”

Yeah, I heard the show too.

I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. Theismann is an idiot.

Green will be a 1st ballot HOFer, and old #7 will still be lame ass analyst.

That hit from LT must have damaged his brain more than his leg.

Does anyone remember the woopin the Vikings gave us in 1998, Randy Moss's spectacular rookie season over 1300 yards and 17 TD's But not on 10/18 when Darrell defended him for NO TD's. Prompting Randy in a later interview to declare DG one of the best CB's he ever played against. I remember on one play in that game darrell deflected the same pass twice. He tip it once and Randy almost still got it when Darrell kick in the afterburners to knock it away again. MAN talk about a team getting ass's wooped and he NEVER quit.:cheers:

Joey T is just holding a grudge against Darrell because he picked him off so often in practice. Heard him say in an interview that if he had a quater for every pic Darrell mad on him, he could retire right now.

Theisman's memory of himself is greater than the reality of what he really was. His condesending personality makes me turn off any game that he is commentating. Any comments he has about any football player goes straight to the round file.

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

I'm not one to wish injury on folks.....and I know this board frowns on that......but if he did say Green does not belong in the HOF......surely we could take up a collection and pay LT to break Joey T's other leg.

Though I abhor violence and would never wish harm to anyone, I'm willing to kick in some cash...

jk

Archived