Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These guys visted every stadium

I was reading the Washington post today and saw an intresting article. These two guys have visted every nfl mlb hockey and nba stadium. How cool would that be. They rate each stadium.

http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/

Heres the nfl site.

http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/nflfavorites.html

Fedex got 2 and 1/2 stars.

" FEDEX FIELD

LANDOVER, MARYLAND

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Whether it's tailgating or the game experience, the whole package here is way too corporate, as

if they forgot what an actual football game should be like. Tickets, parking, concessions,

souvenirs very expensive."

I went to 3 games last year and I must say thats true. Tickets are not that bad but there are alot of commericals. But doesn't every stadium have that. BTW the screen sucks, Very small and very blurry. The whole gameday will get better as we win.

I also don't like that ravens got 5 stars.

I am a firm believer that Fedex has cost the redskins some wins since they have moved. The atmosphere is not even close to what it used to be at RKF. We all know that. More of us get to go to games due to the increase in seats, but what it has done above all else is made it easier for away teams fans to get tickets. The stadium is a cookie cutter field with some seats. It is the captial centre all over again. Going to redksins game is a lot like going to a caps game. To many skins haters. Worst thing that ever happened to the skins.

I'd have to agree w/ the rating. Too many empty seats.....too many champagne sippers.....don't get me started on obstructed view.....The Mini-Tron sucks......traffic is horrific......escalators are always broken.......

...but all that won't keep me from going to all the games this year.

Oh boohoo, the ravens did better than us, and I aint happy about it. :P It's a fact of life, me boy. Ravens > Redskins

Thanks for the story though, that site looks highly informative and an interesting read. And dont take it too hard, the experience of a match is what you make of it.

Originally posted by vlad

Oh boohoo, the ravens did better than us, and I aint happy about it. :P It's a fact of life, me boy. Ravens > Redskins

Thanks for the story though, that site looks highly informative and an interesting read. And dont take it too hard, the experience of a match is what you make of it.

okay?

btw since your from london what do you about man u being owned by the bucs.?

It improved last year in the way that the speakers aren't 300 decibels too high and there was actually some down time (no ads) between some timeouts.

After going to M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens Stadium) on Saturday (albeit for HFStival), I can tell that's a hell of a place to watch football. It's not as steep, there are two fantastic telescreens, and the cutaway between the first and third tier is very pleasing to the eye. The outside concourse has a beautiful brick sculpt and there are statues of Baltimore's past (and with the Redskins history, there should be a lot more homage paid tangibly to the stadium, in and out). There's even a Ravens logo outside the stadium instead of a corporate banner.

I can speak worlds about Cleveland Browns Stadium as well. I went there to see the Skins last October and it's just a fantastic place to watch a football game with plenty to see and do.

There's just nothing special about FedEx Field. It's functional and efficient, but horribly homogenous inside and out.

I have to agree with the ravens comment. I went for the HFSestival we had Suite tickets. That is by far a much better layout than Fed Ex.

I love me the skins but the stadium leaves much to be desired. The jumbo-mini-tron thing at Fed Ex is absolutely horrible.

But what the hell does this mean?

"M C I CENTER

WASHINGTON, D.C.

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

Dumb and dumber game day staff, your best bet is a Caps game when visiting. Message to MJ

- shoulda stayed off the court!"

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

okay?

btw since your from london what do you about man u being owned by the bucs.?

Well, the new owner will be Malcolm Glazer, not the Bucs per se. Manchester United is a wealthy financially secure club at present, his purchase will turn them into a debt-ridden middle-of-the-table club that cant compete.

I could care less personally, my club - Chelsea - got bought by a russian billionaire who's lavishing his wealth on the club and perhaps single-handedly won us the championship this year. That's the Dan Snyder model minus the sallary cap :)

what man u will get in malcolm glazer is a dan rooney type - someone who's biggest sigining bonus paid out is $9m.

I've been to SD, Atl, Bal, GB, and Den.

SD sucked. Fans were lousy and it was almost half Skins fans.

GB was as awesome as anyone would expect. Fans are great and it is totally old school.

Den was all right. Sunday Night game which always enhances the experience. I actually sat in Frerottes seats and he made it into the game. I have a hard time putting it that far up my list. This was Invesco by the way.

Bal has a great stadium. Very good fans(I hate to say that).

Atl was terrible. It was like being at a college basketball game or something. They have a cheesy dj on ground level. They actually shoot t-shirts into the stands like at bball games. Fans were into it, but not like any other place I've been.

I have had season Skins tix for life. I will admit that FedEx isn't that fun, but it really doesn't have too many bad seats. Cooke did a good job with the seating. Everything else is pretty much subpar. And it is very corporate. But we're talking about the Washington Metro area which is also the richest in the country. That's just what you're going to get in this day and age.

Fed Ex Field definitely has size going for it. It probably generates the most money of all the NFL stadiums for each home game. However, this doesn't makes the fan experience any better.

As posted above, Fed Ex doesn't seem much different than the bland government buildings found throughout DC and its suburbs. Maybe the vanilla architecture and high prices represent this area better than we realize.

As much as people wax nostalgic about RFK, the place hasn't aged well. I was just there on Saturday for a Nats game, and getting around was a bear. The walkways were way too narrow, the steps walking up to your seats were very high, and the video screen is about as tiny as FedEx.

While FedEx isn't particularly special as far as stadiums go, it is at least more functional than FedEx was.

Jason

FedEx field can be very very loud

I was there for the Lions playoff game and the Virginia Tech-USC game this past year

It was incredible the atmosphere for the Tech-USC game, except all the commercials would kill any fan momentum

It has a lot of potential to be a great homefield advantage

Well, the new owner will be Malcolm Glazer, not the Bucs per se. Manchester United is a wealthy financially secure club at present, his purchase will turn them into a debt-ridden middle-of-the-table club that cant compete.

I could care less personally, my club - Chelsea - got bought by a russian billionaire who's lavishing his wealth on the club and perhaps single-handedly won us the championship this year. That's the Dan Snyder model minus the sallary cap :)

what man u will get in malcolm glazer is a dan rooney type - someone who's biggest sigining bonus paid out is $9m.

Chelsea? I doubt that. How long have you been a fan, about 3 years, another glory hunter?

And if you want to compare Chelsea to any American franchise, it would be the Yankees. In soccer, money basically guarentees a quality finish, which is why the premiership has become so dull. Once Glazer lumps all of his debts onto the club, it will become a two-horse race again... sighhhh

Originally posted by SkinsTillIDie

Chelsea? I doubt that. How long have you been a fan, about 3 years, another glory hunter?

And if you want to compare Chelsea to any American franchise, it would be the Yankees. In soccer, money basically guarentees a quality finish, which is why the premiership has become so dull. Once Glazer lumps all of his debts onto the club, it will become a two-horse race again... sighhhh

1997 baby! I lived through all the bad days, ever heard of Chris Sutton? biggest lump of uselessness I've known. And the money argument can hardly be leveled at chelsea.. there were at least five such clubs in italy, a couple of em in spain, and arsenal and man u have been splashing cash around before.

I'm personally all for a sallary cap.

Originally posted by bhayesp

I've been to SD, Atl, Bal, GB, and Den.

SD sucked. Fans were lousy and it was almost half Skins fans.

The Chargers don't have many fans. Most of the people in SD are either in the military or were in the military and came from some other area of the country. And of all of the locals that I knew when I lived there none of them were really into football.

Every Chargers game I went to when I lived there had as many fans of the visiting team as the Chargers, especially the Raiders and Broncos games.

1997 baby! I lived through all the bad days, ever heard of Chris Sutton? biggest lump of uselessness I've known. And the money argument can hardly be leveled at chelsea.. there were at least five such clubs in italy, a couple of em in spain, and arsenal and man u have been splashing cash around before.

I'm personally all for a sallary cap.

Pshh 1997, bad days. They were in the Cup final in 97 against Boro, right? If you want misery, pain, and depression, try supporting QPR for 30+ years.... :rolleyes::(

All that matters: July 28th, 2001: QPR 3 Chelsea 1

And while you've had Chris Sutton (England international), we've had.... Michael-Mahoney Johnson and Steve Slade.... arghhhhhhh

;) Onwards and upwards

:) i respect your dedication. But I have suffered (now and again). That meltdown against Arsenal to lose 3-2, with Kanu going ape****, arrow to the heart man.

Just to pretend I'm on topic, there's a huge gap in attendance between nfl and european football games. Sure, there are some iconic stadiums in europe that draw huge crowds, but most of the premier leagues only have 30/40K capacity stadiums. Which is why you folks should be proud to be able to fit 80 thousand folksies in, perhaps thats one of the reasons your tron is mini and not mega. ;)

you know, the 49ers are upgrading their displays.

C'mon now....why all the hate on FedEx field? The Skins didn't rape the taxpayers to pay for it. With the exception of the "jumbo" Tron, it's a fine venue for watching the game. Isn't that what it's all about? Who cares if the beers are $6.00 or $7.00 and the food sucks? That's what tailgating is for. Are the real fans going to football games for the culinary experience? People seem to have very selective memories, when it comes to RFK. I've been to plenty of games, at RFK and, while I loved the atmosphere,the place was a dump. How many of us would yearn for the good 'ol days, at RFK, if we hadn't of won any of those Super Bowls? The main thing is that we're here to watch a football game...and,(with apologies to the "Obstructed View" crowd, of which I'm a former member ;) ), the vast majority of seats have a great view of the field. Winning will cure the atmosphere problems. It ain't the prettiest; it ain't the friendliest,and it's ours.....:cheers:

The speaker volume doesn't bother me. The speakers are not placed uniformly, so while it's loud to some fans, it's not loud to others. It depends on where you're sitting.

The seven dollar beers don't bother me that much, because, apparently, most stadiums charge about that much for a beer.

I don't find the megatron terribly small, or blurry. But what does it matter? I can't see it anyway from in the cave.

The tailgating is pretty good. What I mean is, they open the lots fairly early and pretty much leave us alone. Four hours early is good. Five hours early would be even better ;-)

What I hate about FedExField is exactly what most people complain about: It's too corporate. Too many billboards, too many signs, too much advertising. And the fact that paying customers are forced to watch TV commercials is unethical, and stinks of snyderism. There is no room to hang homemade signs anymore.

The obstructed view seats piss me off. Again, the whole thing from the start was done unethically and again, stinks of snyderism. They lied to me about the actual view from the seats, charged me full price without allowing me to see the view from the seats ahead of time, then, amidst complaints, refused refunds. Then the following year, dropped the fee for a pair of seats down there by $400, yet refunded only $100 from the previous year. Does that make sense? Basically, Snyder, the marketing and money-making genius, is telling me, "Hey, we overcharged you last year, but we got your money, so f*** you."

Archived