Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't win without effecient QB Play, We'll have it from Ramsey this year here why.

The success of the upcoming season depends on Ramsey. If he has a breakout year the skins will win a lot of games. The defense is set and the special teams appear to be much improved (hopefully). Our Oline should be good and our WR's are good enough to win games, gain yardage and point up some points. Note, I was not on the Williams bandwagon and consider our current receivers as more than capable of wining some games with. However, the key is Ramsey and I believe he will be better than last year. I just hope he will be a lot better.

Good post. If it's true about the hot reads, then Ramsey was a sitting duck (as most of us know) back in the pocket.

I hope he does well next year, but I still think he has a hard time reading defenses, making quick judgement calls, and has no touch on either short or long passes.

Until he improves dramatically in these areas, he will never take us anywhere. We may still win a lot of games, but he will be the downfall to getting a Superbowl win.

Originally posted by skinsfan93

Good post. If it's true about the hot reads, then Ramsey was a sitting duck (as most of us know) back in the pocket.

I hope he does well next year, but I still think he has a hard time reading defenses, making quick judgement calls, and has no touch on either short or long passes.

Not only is it true, he wasted two years not learning progressions, (normal nfl reads regardless of the offense) which made him almost a rookie again last year. It totally retarded his development. Including and timing.

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Guys we score one more touch down a game and were what 12 and 4 last year don't quote me that someone needs to check that stat.

If we scored one more TD in every game last year, with all things being equal, we would have finished 11-3-2.

Originally posted by Heavy Jumbo

If we scored one more TD in every game last year, with all things being equal, we would have finished 11-3-2.

I'll take 11-3-2 as long as the Cowboys are part of the 11.

:point2sky

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

He seems to be taking the good natured ribbing in stride, and even accepted the constructive criticism.

Well, something obviously went wrong, since he opted out. I doubt that it was you though e-dog. He PM'd me that this was his first venture onto public internet boards. He just doesn't realize all of the lies, fantasies and aggressions that get played out on these things. Every "inside source" has to be treated skeptically or we would be a target for all kinds of trash (reading the WP is enough trash for any Redskin fan). This board is a tough place but its run well and the owners/mods have real passion. The aggressive skepticism protects the membership. If Kingdom keeps visiting public boards eventually he will realize that this place is one of the best.

:2cents:

Edog I appreciated the postive constructive criticism, without my spell check and not proofing my post's. I looked I hadn't graduated second grade.

I was shocked to be rephremanded publically as a Pastor for something that was misquoted, and rather harsh I might add.

Originally posted by wskin44

Well, something obviously went wrong, since he opted out. I doubt that it was you though e-dog. He PM'd me that this was his first venture onto public internet boards. He just doesn't realize all of the lies, fantasies and aggressions that get played out on these things. Every "inside source" has to be treated skeptically or we would be a target for all kinds of trash (reading the WP is enough trash for any Redskin fan). This board is a tough place but its run well and the owners/mods have real passion. The aggressive skepticism protects the membership. If Kingdom keeps visiting public boards eventually he will realize that this place is one of the best.

:2cents:

Edog I appreciated the postive constructive criticism, without my spell check and not proofing my post's. I looked I hadn't graduated second grade.

I see you've figured out the quote function. :)

Once you've realized that everyone is subject to the same level of ribbing, then I think you'll start to get the big picture around here. :)

I was shocked to be rephremanded publically as a Pastor for something that was misquoted, and rather harsh I might add.

Hi.

Maybe you missed this.

You weren't miss quoted. Stop saying you were. You were wrong about how I became aware of your profession. I didn't ask for an apology then. I still haven't, & I'm not going to.

I haven't been harsh with you at all. Yet. Ask around, these guys will tell you that. They've seen me be more then harsh. You've barely had a finger playfully poked in your ribs & have shown that you can't even handle that without getting bent out of shape.

If you can't handle a few questions like that without a little bit of thicker skin, stay outta the Tailgate section.

Grace, Grace Brother.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Hi.

Maybe you missed this.

You weren't miss quoted. Stop saying you were. You were wrong about how I became aware of your profession. I didn't ask for an apology then. I still haven't, & I'm not going to.

I haven't been harsh with you at all. Yet. Ask around, these guys will tell you that. They've seen me be more then harsh. You've barely had a finger playfully poked in your ribs & have shown that you can't even handle that without getting bent out of shape.

If you can't handle a few questions like that without a little bit of thicker skin, stay outta the Tailgate section.

All the other talk put aside I agree with most of the commentary on Ramsey's development being slowed by scheme and lack of protection.I believe Ramsey given a little more time and careful guidance will be a very good QB.It seems to me he hasn't really been given a chance at this point to develop.How many QB's reach their potential before ther 3rd or 4th year?In reality how many games under a true NFL system has Ramsey played?Patrick probably has less than 2 years of actual game experience.He may be a little lacking in some areas but he more than makes up for it with his strong arm,toughness,intelligence,and heart.Give him a good o-line and a solid running game and I believe he will flourish.

Archived