Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't win without effecient QB Play, We'll have it from Ramsey this year here why.

I faxed Tarhog my press credentials you can check with him, now with that taken care.

I walked out of the stadium with Ramsey, after the vikes game. He told me that he felt better physcially than he had in two years as a pro. He was totally pumped up about next about next season, it was like he didn't want it end. TNot because the season was over, but because they (the offense) was starting to get it. This is and hour and half after beating the vikes.

In all fairness to Ramsey, he came in as a rookie, learned a stupid offense. Did you know we didn't have a hot read until OC Jackson started calling the plays? If the defense blitzed we did not have a hot receiver or a hot route to throw to. Parcels figured it out and blitzed us non-stop in the fourth or fifth game of the season and everyone else saw it and did the same thing, we were done. That's what happend to our season.

We never even had a fricken game plan. No match up game plan. Like our left tackle is better than their right end so let's exploit that match up. Everything was if the defense does this we will do that, all presnap. No adjustments after the snap. Meaning no progression for the QB to read based upon how the defense moved after snap or how a receiver might beat his man. It was stupid.

If the defense showed (all they had to do was disguise it) cover two Ramsey was supposed to throw to this spot and the receiver was supposed to be there. And with no protection I might add.

Ramsey had spent the offseason last year walking in a boot and trying to unlearn this moronic offense that he worked his tail off learning for two years.

Before he could learn a new offense. He had to be deprogrammed from Spurrier's offense. And could even go through the motions on the field because of the boot.

He undestood at the end of last year though, his confidence was sky high. And rightfully so. He finally got the progressions down, he hadn't done it two years. He understood. And liked it, for the first time as a pro-he wasn't black and blue after the game.

Gibbs is looking for him to make it second nature, can he? Yes he can. He will and you will see a lot better QB play this season. Not that it would be difficult to improve on last years QB play.

Ramsey is pumped up, as we all know is very smart kid, he's now had a entire half a season and offseason to become more proficent at this offense. He will get twice as many snaps in practice and preseason as last year. And so will the rest of the team with no coaching changes and working at the same stuff for the first time in years.

Is Ramsey the future for the next five years? It doesn't really matter. He'll be a lot better than last year. Take away the early season fumbles for touch downs be Brunnell and Co, never seen so many before, it was a season killer.

Guys we score one more touch down a game and were what 12 and 4 last year don't quote me that someone needs to check that stat.

And if Ramsey can develope the touch pass he just might be our Drew Bree's. Wouldn't that be a nice bonus.

And if Ramsey can develope the touch pass he just might be our Drew Bree's. Wouldn't that be a nice bonus.

Easier said than done. My take on QB's is that they are either a touch or Bullet passer. They both have thier advantages and disadv, but the touch passer is usually the patient one thus he will last longer.

My take on it is we are not going to have a successfull season next year unless if Ramsey can pass the ball and stretch the field. This is the only thing that is going to make Portis really open up. I think that with the exception of D. McNabb we have the potential to be better than the Eagles at every possition on offense. Cause i would love nothin better than to pass and run circles around Trotters head.:puke:

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

I faxed Tarhog my press credentials you can check with him, now with that taken care.

Hmmm...at the risk of sounding a little harsh here…love the positive attitude, but - your posts have taken on a peculiar "We're going to be awesome, and I have the explanation right here" slant. Which is nice, but a little variety would make me believe that you weren't just trying really hard to be Mr. Popular Message Board Guy.

And if you were a journalist, I sure hope you had really good proofreaders & editors where you worked, because your spelling, sentence structure and general English usage leaves this poster wondering if you didn't work for Billy Bob's Journal of Semi-literate Mountain Folk.

Having said that, I appreciate the breath of fresh air and I enjoy reading your opinions – it’s a nice break from the sea of negativity that’s been around lately. Much of what you say makes sense.

:point2sky

Point well taken, I'm a photographer, thank God. How do you use the spell check on here. I guess I've become totally dependant on it. I never really knew it until these post's, where's the spell check. No one's reporting the Good that going on in the redskins organization, it's like the reporters aren't doing there job if there not tearing something down. And the fact of the matter is- it's not accurate. The positive changes are unbelievable. The big story this offseason is the returning coaching staff, and the returning players. It's the most fundamental change or should I say non-change in six years. Who's writting about it?

Point well taken, I'm a photographer, thank God. How do you use the spell check on here. I guess I've become totally dependant on it. I never really knew it until these post's, where's the spell check.

Perhaps you'd be better off typing your posts in Word, using the Spell & Grammar check features there, & then cut n paste your post here.

No one's reporting the Good that going on in the redskins organization, it's like the reporters aren't doing there job if there not tearing something down. And the fact of the matter is- it's not accurate. The positive changes are unbelievable. The big story this offseason is the returning coaching staff, and the returning players. It's the most fundamental change or should I say non-change in six years. Who's writting about it?

Search out Art's thread entitled The Nunyo Files. Take a look at redskins.com. The things you make mention of, are or have been talked about. You're new here. Just slow down, look around, & breathe. You'll be ok.

Promise.

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

Hmmm...at the risk of sounding a little harsh here…love the positive attitude, but - your posts have taken on a peculiar "We're going to be awesome, and I have the explanation right here" slant. Which is nice, but a little variety would make me believe that you weren't just trying really hard to be Mr. Popular Message Board Guy.

And if you were a journalist, I sure hope you had really good proofreaders & editors where you worked, because your spelling, sentence structure and general English usage leaves this poster wondering if you didn't work for Billy Bob's Journal of Semi-literate Mountain Folk.

Having said that, I appreciate the breath of fresh air and I enjoy reading your opinions – it’s a nice break from the sea of negativity that’s been around lately. Much of what you say makes sense.

:point2sky

Relax Homie. He's just spreading some love. Remember its May, the worst (most boring) month in the NFL year.

My only two criticisms of Ramsey is his touch passing down field, and his moblity. If he can hit Patten, Moss, and Jacobs on the fly, our offense can be deadly. We also have to get those cement shoes off his feet. Maybe run a few QB draws.

:cheers:

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

:rotflmao: :notworthy

Dude...I just shot soda out of my nose reading your post. I was going to say the same thing...I think his press-credentials are for the Taylor elementary school times...

Originally posted by Bufford

I think everybody likes something good to happen.

But the "The future is awesome" stuff I guess seems to wild right now.

Maybe if you didn't start a few of those threads every day....and combined them into a special SUPER thread you make.

eh?

What's a super thread? And why do they call it a thread?

What's a super thread? And why do they call it a thread?

It's called a thread because it's supposed to be a thread of conversation though they usually meander off to something else--like this one is right now.

If you want to quote someone, hit the quote.gif button and type in the new message box.

A super thread is when several threads of the same kind are merged together.

Lighten up ladies. Kingdom has a unique vantage point that most of us don't have. He roams the sidelines during the games and has access to the lockeroom and chats with players, coaches and team officials. He has witnessed the attitude change since Joe came back first hand. He's seen Gardner act like an a$$, not just heard about it like the rest of us. Not only that, he understands football which puts him on an equal footing with many of the crazies here, and puts him miles ahead of most of the so called "reporters" we read. Since when was spelling important on any board? Treat him nice or he will go somewhere more friendly.

:doh:

In spite of offseason criticisms, misgivings etc., when the tailgate drinking is done and gametime starts we all would go over the rail to help our team to win. Kingdom is just this way everyday. It's admirable. Give him a break.

Originally posted by wskin44

Lighten up ladies. Kingdom has a unique vantage point that most of us don't have. He roams the sidelines during the games and has access to the lockeroom and chats with players, coaches and team officials. He has witnessed the attitude change since Joe came back first hand. He's seen Gardner act like an a$$, not just heard about it like the rest of us. Not only that, he understands football which puts him on an equal footing with many of the crazies here, and puts him miles ahead of most of the so called "reporters" we read. Since when was spelling important on any board? Treat him nice or he will go somewhere more friendly.

In spite of offseason criticisms, misgivings etc., when the tailgate drinking is done and gametime starts we all would go over the rail to help our team to win. Kingdom is just this way everyday. It's admirable. Give him a break.

I appreciate that. Honestly I was impressed with the legitmate knowledge being represented on xskins. I though everyone would appreciate a little honest inside observations and analysis. I don't really get an opportunity to be a homer, although that is changing on the sidelines. The us versus them mentality, Gibbs has a way of difussing atleast with the old timers that he knew when he was here before.

Originally posted by wskin44

He seems to be taking the good natured ribbing in stride, and even accepted the constructive criticism.

Big changes, it's totally different now. It's almost like it was, but maybe better, there not drinking bud on the premises anymore. These guys and mean all of them (excluding Taylor) are working their butts off. One voice, one vision, one goal. What can I say take it for what's it's worth. Just trying to let ya'll in.

Archived