Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCune interview on redskins.com

Dead Money

ciresolstice nailed it. You can add "Ok" and " and what not" to the list too. It's called nerves. I took a class in public speaking when I was in the service a few hundred years ago. I set a new record for the most times a person had said "Ok" in one 5 minute session, ( teaching). :doh: Afer teaching CPR a few times no worries, but some people don't do to well in public speaking. Could be shy or whatever. Give the poor guy a break, ( and aren't we glad we don't make assumptions about people's intellect on the way they "speak" around here at times). :)

The guy was in the military for a large part of his life. I'm sure rubbing elbows with the media wasn't part of his daily PTs. How would any of you react the first time you were put on camera for something that was going to be seen world wide. And for those of you that think you would be the most eloquent speaker on camera since John Madden, you need to spend less time staring in the mirror.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

ciresolstice nailed it. You can add "Ok" and " and what not" to the list too. It's called nerves. I took a class in public speaking when I was in the service a few hundred years ago. I set a new record for the most times a person had said "Ok" in one 5 minute session, ( teaching). :doh: Afer teaching CPR a few times no worries, but some people don't do to well in public speaking. Could be shy or whatever. Give the poor guy a break, ( and aren't we glad we don't make assumptions about people's intellect on the way they "speak" around here at times). :)

I teach some public speaking classes and the best way to avoid those uneeded fillers is to stretch out a conjunction while formulating your thoughts. Kind of like, aannnndd, etc.

Now I realize how nerdy I just became, but it actually works.

I agree that the speach from McCune was more a dialect and nerves than a lack of education. It was obvious

....how about his stare??? That game face pic that I have seen around....do you honestly think that poor guy across from him looking into that face with that intensity is going to remember how Robert speaks????? I dont think so!!!! I to find him completely humble, refreshing, mature and im guessing responsible as well... I hope he gets playing time this year...how big do you think he will look with the pads on???? LOL

Originally posted by PortisSkins26

wow some people are just so stupid u think he sucks cuz he sounds bad in an interview wow thats the dumbest thing that i have ever heard in my life. u dont have to be a good speaker in order to knock someone out on the field.

so dumb, he will start by week 9

No offense, but I hope no one is juding your intelligence from your post...

That being said, I totally agree with you. Some of the smartest people I've known are terrible public speakers. And besides, just look at who was elected president..........twice.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

I teach some public speaking classes and the best way to avoid those uneeded fillers is to stretch out a conjunction while formulating your thoughts. Kind of like, aannnndd, etc.

we shall now refer to you as Lumberg

:D

Lumberg.JPG

Originally posted by jrockster77

That being said, I totally agree with you. Some of the smartest people I've known are terrible public speakers. And besides, just look at who was elected president..........twice.

:rotflmao: :wavetowel

hahahahaha!!!!!

exactly.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

And some people need to realize the guy grew up in Alabama. The guy's from the friggin South. You guys are confusing his accent with "smarts". The whole "and, uhmm" thing is part of the dialect.

Yeah, we all talk like this. And one day we're going to get shoes, electricity, and indoor plumbing. :doh:

McCune doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, but he may have good football smarts. We'll find out.

And talking about sounding dumb, how about Larry Michael in those rookie camp videos. :doh:

If you want a good laugh, cue up the Jason Campbell rookie camp video and listen to Michael. Campbell is basically just walking around and Michael is just struggling to give some kind of commentary. :laugh:

It reminds me of the "And BOOM goes the dynamite!" guy.

Man, I miss Frank. :(

Originally posted by The Dude

Judging McCune based on his speech is like judging him based on the size of his arms: both are meaningless in relation to ability to play linebacker.

Actually its worse than that. He's going to tackle people with those ams at least. Speaking perfect english without an accent isn't going to bring anyone down for a 5 yard loss like some of these people seem to believe.

Listen past the first minute and he gets a lot better. He certainly speaks with a southern urban tone but you have to look through that. Any guy that sets his mind to find his own way to the division I dream he had, isn't stupid.

Archived