Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate to say it folks....

Number5

Originally posted by Number5

MY POINT IS.....that they were in the hunt until the last day. While you guys lost close games, they didn't.....thus again, they are closer than you guys based upon last year performance.

I'm sorry, but, did you really write this?

The Cards were 6-10. We were 6-10. The Cards were alive right up until the end of the year because they were in a division where the top team was, oh, 9-7.

Like us, they lost close games. And, the Cards closed the year very strong, with a 2-3 record, with losses to the Lions, Niners and Seahawks. The Skins were 3-2 with close losses to you and on a last minute touchdown toss to Dallas.

I like what Arizona did this draft too. MOST fans will like it, because the names taken were names fans knew. It reminds me of a draft not all too long ago that set a team up for YEARS to come that had fans falling over themselves wishing their front office had been able to do.

That draft? Year 2002. The team? Dallas. The players? Williams, Gurode, Bryant and Ross. The stuff dreams are made of. Right?

Personally I say the Skins go 8-8 and ARZ goes 8-8 as well. The clincher that will put ARZ in the playoff hunt will be their divisional record. With SF and the fast fading Seahawks, I say they go 4-2 with losses on the road to SEA and STL while the Skins go 2-4 with wins at home against the NYG and one against DAL. The Birds should sweep them.

...or, in other words, "no, I don't want to put my money where my mouth is"....correct? ;)

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

...or, in other words, "no, I don't want to put my money where my mouth is"....correct? ;)

No....in other words it means, I bet on the Eagles......not the Cards! Now if you wanna do a bet regarding the Birds fine, but I could car less about the Cards, I was proving a point.

Art,

"Personally I say the Skins go 8-8 and ARZ goes 8-8 as well. The clincher that will put ARZ in the playoff hunt will be their divisional record. With SF and the fast fading Seahawks, I say they go 4-2 with losses on the road to SEA and STL while the Skins go 2-4 with wins at home against the NYG and one against DAL. The Birds should sweep them."

MY POINT IS.....that they were in the hunt until the last day. While you guys lost close games, they didn't.....thus again, they are closer than you guys based upon last year performance.

What the F*CK are you talking about? We had the same record!!!

The Cruds lost five of their games by margins of a touchdown or more. In four of those losses, they lost by four by 14 or more and got blown out by Buffalo and Carolina. In addition, they got swept by the Niners, which represented the only two wins the Niners registered this past year.

On the flip side, we only lost two games by two TDs or more. One was the GB game, which we actually should have won but were robbed of a late go-ahead TD. The other was the game to you guys which was actually closer than the score indicated.

Get a clue, man.

Az is Detriot of last year. Everyone said how great they would be and how improved they are. They are correct about improvement but how did Detriot do last year??? Az is GOING to be much better and may be good sooner than later but don't raise the flag just yet

Originally posted by skinstzar

We have better recievers

No we don't.

TO alone makes their recieving corps better than ours.

I just don't see where we have room to criticize the Eagles when we haven't won jack since 99' while they are consistantly winning the division and going deep into the playoffs.

I guarentee every person here would trade their recent success for our recent failures.

TO is the most overblown problem on Earth. There's a 0% chance he's not playing by the regular season, but there's a 100% chance that when he is, he's going to be great.

I wish we were in their position where our only problem is a disgruntled 1200 yard 15 TD WR.

Guest sith lord

We've addresed a lot of our needs inhouse.Arrington and Jansen is coming back,and Ramsey is an upgrade at QB.Plus,our receiving core is a lot better.

Originally posted by goldenster95

What the F*CK are you talking about? We had the same record!!!

The Cruds lost five of their games by margins of a touchdown or more. In four of those losses, they lost by four by 14 or more and got blown out by Buffalo and Carolina. In addition, they got swept by the Niners, which represented the only two wins the Niners registered this past year.

On the flip side, we only lost two games by two TDs or more. One was the GB game, which we actually should have won but were robbed of a late go-ahead TD. The other was the game to you guys which was actually closer than the score indicated.

Get a clue, man.

"Personally I say the Skins go 8-8 and ARZ goes 8-8 as well. The clincher that will put ARZ in the playoff hunt will be their divisional record. With SF and the fast fading Seahawks, I say they go 4-2 with losses on the road to SEA and STL while the Skins go 2-4 with wins at home against the NYG and one against DAL. The Birds should sweep them."

THEIR DIVISION WAS WEAKER HOME BOY! THAT'S WHY THEY WERE CLOSER TO THE PLAYOFFS! Maybe instead of trying to justify why the Cars are worse then you guys, maybe you should understand that because of their division, they were closer to the playoffs than the Skins.......sound good partner?

I stated I "hate" to say it because I have always said that you guys were our only true competetion and that your team actually scared me! A couple of pieces and you guys might beat knock us down a peg......

So if you view our draft to be bad, wouldn't you love to say it? so much so that you started a thread to point it out. As always congrats on that barf bowl.

Originally posted by mookie0720

No we don't.

TO alone makes their recieving corps better than ours.

I just don't see where we have room to criticize the Eagles when we haven't won jack since 99' while they are consistantly winning the division and going deep into the playoffs.

I guarentee every person here would trade their recent success for our recent failures.

TO is the most overblown problem on Earth. There's a 0% chance he's not playing by the regular season, but there's a 100% chance that when he is, he's going to be great.

I wish we were in their position where our only problem is a disgruntled 1200 yard 15 TD WR.

After TO, who does Philly have at WR? TO is a great WR, but he's only one guy. Moss is no comparison to TO, but Patten is way better than Pinkston. And I like our WR depth better than Philly's.

After TO, who does Philly have at WR? TO is a great WR, but he's only one guy. Moss is no comparison to TO, but Patten is way better than Pinkston. And I like our WR depth better than Philly's.

i don't like the ealges at all but...... TO at #1, Lewis at #2(burner), and Pinkston at #3. come on now.

Three teams that stayed quiet last year seem to do okay. Anyone talking about Pitt, SD or the Jets last year. I would say they had solid seasons last year. That is why I love football........because the people talking about how good they will be, are NEVER the people who play the games. How about we be what we are, FANS, and let the players do the talking or choking (see Eagles) for us!

All I know is that the Eagles threw for nearly 4000 yards last season.

While we only had 4397 yards TOTAL.

I say their WR corps are better simply because TO makes everyone better. He draws double/triple coverage leaving a burner like Lewis open, or a possesion reciever like Pinkston open.

Also the fact that their offense is more wide open than ours, and Donovan McNabb is a far better QB than ours, it all comes together to make their WR's LOOK better than ours.

The draft is the same EVERY year anyone we draft we think will do wonders for us. You can look over the years at every teams draft to see who was a bust and who is a Superstar. You do have players like Terrell Davis and Tom Brady who became stars after being drafted in the 6th rd. You also have busts like Ryan Lief and Kijana Carter who stink. We wont know anything about this draft for 2 to 3 years so it is all speculation right now. Which by the way all the NFL draft is. Do we know who's better right now between B. Edward and M. Williams no we dont it depends on the team, QB, and other factors. Lets relax and let our coach work his magic to get us back to the SB. We need to stop questioning every move the team makes because no matter what happens were still going to be cheering like hell for them in September. I wanted Mike Williams bad but I wasn't mad when we pick Rogers because I believe in Joe Gibbs.

Originally posted by FuriousOne2K

i don't like the ealges at all but...... TO at #1, Lewis at #2(burner), and Pinkston at #3. come on now.

T.O. is clearly a reason the Eagles receivers are better overall than ours, in that they have a known threat out there who forces defenses to react to him, allowing the poor secondary receivers they have to have more freedom.

But, no, Furious, the Eagles with Lewis and Pinkston do not have superior depth at receiver than we have. Even HINTING otherwise is a terrible embarrasssment. Owens is WELL above our No. 1, unless our No. 1 turns in 75 catches for 1,100 yards and 10 TDs when it will be closer :).

But, we have THREE other receivers who are better than anyone else they have in Gardner, Thrash and Patten. Jacobs is every bit the known player Lewis is, and the superior prospect. In terms of top to bottom, we are well above the Eagles in this category, even if we do lose Gardner.

Originally posted by Art

T.O. is clearly a reason the Eagles receivers are better overall than ours, in that they have a known threat out there who forces defenses to react to him, allowing the poor secondary receivers they have to have more freedom.

But, no, Furious, the Eagles with Lewis and Pinkston do not have superior depth at receiver than we have. Even HINTING otherwise is a terrible embarrasssment. Owens is WELL above our No. 1, unless our No. 1 turns in 75 catches for 1,100 yards and 10 TDs when it will be closer :).

But, we have THREE other receivers who are better than anyone else they have in Gardner, Thrash and Patten. Jacobs is every bit the known player Lewis is, and the superior prospect. In terms of top to bottom, we are well above the Eagles in this category, even if we do lose Gardner.

Art.....I know you didn't say Thrash. If he couldn't cut it with us, how could you now include him in your statement. Remember that Thrash's most productive year was still 10-15 catches and almost 250 yards less that Pinky's most productive year. If he was soooo much better, don't you think he'd still be an Eagle?

Then to add Gardner to the mix is even worse because according to the folks on this site, he's as good as gone!

We are better this year simply because we have continuty, which has not happened at all in the Snyder era.

This draft added long term depth, ala the Eagles draft of 2002. Stable system, stable coaches brings out a solid stable team, pretty much what the Eagles did a few years ago.

I like the team we are brining into training camp. Soild pretty much everywhere, nothing too spectaculor save for for Portis and Taylor.

Art.....I know you didn't say Thrash. If he couldn't cut it with us, how could you now include him in your statement. Remember that Thrash's most productive year was still 10-15 catches and almost 250 yards less that Pinky's most productive year. If he was soooo much better, don't you think he'd still be an Eagle?

Thrash couldn't cut it as your No. 1 receiver. But, he WAS your top receiver. I suspect you may not know this, as you do not apparently know that Thrash's career best in receptions, yards and touchdowns surpasses the top category for Pinkston. How is it I have to tell you the stats of your own players?

Pinkston's best season was 60 catches, 798 yards and 7 TDs.

Thrash's best season was 63 catches, 833 yards and 8 TDs. NEITHER of these guys is that good a receiver. But, Thrash is a better player overall as a receiver and on special teams than Pinkston. The difference is we aren't likely to use Thrash as our No. 2 receiver.

Thrash isn't a No. 1. You guys were foolish to try and make him one.

Gardner MAY or may not be gone. I think we might end up keeping him another year. But, certainly when he goes we only have two receivers we know are better than anyone else you have instead of three.

Archived