Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate to say it folks....

Number5

Originally posted by Number5

I love it.....I make a simple statement and ask for constructive critisim and get kiddy comments from the peanut gallery.

What a joke! Allow me to address everyone in this thread so far....

A simple statement worded in such a way that you knew it would rile the crowd up a bit...

Kinda like if I went to an Eagles board and said, "well you guys did real good in the draft but you still have no Super Bowl trophies to show for it"

What a joke...

Originally posted by ntotoro

Whatever. You were fishing and even Stevie Wonder could have seen it. There have been dozens of Chicken Little threads since Saturday afternoon, yet you came along with no intentions of trolling just to add one more? Save it.

Nick

I come to this site to offer objective views with regards to FOOTBALL...not to be a PRO-EAGLES guy even though they are my hometeam. When the mess up, I admit it, I second guess moves by all football teams PHI included so to state that i might be a homer is crazy! I may love the Eagles, but people who know me up here know that I love football more!

So now kind sir, you save it!

Number 5 I don't get you...one minute you make some nice, quality, redeeming posts and I'm like, for an eagles fan, this guy isn't that bad.

Then you talk our of your arse like this and try to disguise it as an honest observation or constructiveness. Please. You're being divisive and a pot stirrer. We'll see what happens come regular season.

I see you failed to address Art's reply because he nailed it.

TO alone is better than you whole receiving corps! You had the better group until you let Coles go, now you have nothing more than a bunch of track stars who are better suited to be Pro Bowl ST players than receivers.

While I hate the Eagles and love the Redskins....that I found really pretty funny - some truth to it is what makes it so comical.

I come to this site to offer objective views with regards to FOOTBALL...not to be a PRO-EAGLES guy even though they are my hometeam. When the mess up, I admit it, I second guess moves by all football teams PHI included so to state that i might be a homer is crazy! I may love the Eagles, but people who know me up here know that I love football more!

So now kind sir, you save it!

Yeah... that's why you start your first post saying you "hate" that we have came no closer to catching the Eagles.

It had nothing to do with the Eagles at all. I gotcha'. Sure. Stop trying to disguise your troll. A pig in a dress is still a pig.

Nick

Originally posted by goldenster95

My God, Number 5, that last post of your was so inane, it's borderline not deserving of a response.

Yeah, Arizona's past us. What an idiot.

How is it insane? They pick up the best corner in the draft, the most productive RB not named Wiliams, Benson or Brown, two sleeper defensive players. Add that to one of the more talented and youthful teams in the league who challengede for a playoff spot until the last day of the season and you can see my agruement.

I simply stated that based upon your needs, with the exception of Rodgers, not to many were met. While Dallas loaded up on Defense, we filled in our cracks, and even ATL got what they needed. Your draft was mind boggling! Especially when you needed a Number 1 receiver, and let 3 of them slip through your fingers! Thus, in my opinion, everyone basically past you, even ARZ.

Actually the WR position isn't that bad.

We still have Gardner who has proven to be a #1 in the past, and we added Patten, Moss, and still have Jacobs, Thrash, and McCants.

All you have is TO and the loudmouth that caught one pass in the superbowl and had about 50 press conferences.

We may not have a superstar but we have deep talent at that position, unlike you :)

The sky is falling, we are now worse than Arizona! We're going to be basement dwellars for another year. Why? Because number5 said so.

I loved smoot, he was my favorite Redskin, but Rodgers has physical skills that make the fit in Williams system a better one. I think we will be able to play you much much tougher. I think people are underestimating just how much of a beast Taylor is going to be in his 2nd year.

On Offense we return all starters except for Coles. The Eagles got by for YEARS without a true #1. They got by with worse talent at WR than the Redskins will be starting on opening day.

James Thrash and Freddie Mitchell??

Yet, we're doomed on Offense despite Gibbs returning with the system for the first time in years with better talent at the WR posiition.

If you have a system that is successful you can move the chains without star power.

The X-Factor is Ramsey. If Ramsey shows improvement and stability and steps into his potential we will be in the playoffs. It's that simple. We have Portis. We have the OL. We have the defense.

Faithful...got tanked....real cute, 3 points and we tanked right? Whats funny is that when we beat you guys on Sunday night, half the board, including yourself took it as "WE HAD THE EAGLES ON THE ROPES!" Well, we EAGLES fans can say "WE HAD THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS ON THE ROPES......IN THE SUPER BOWL!"

Funny you respond to my friendly childish pot shot but not to the plot of the post:D

;)

My God, Number 5, that last post of your was so inane, it's borderline not deserving of a response.

Yeah, Arizona's past us. What an idiot.

How is it insane?

Grab a dictionary, look up the word "inane", and let us know if it is not a word any more.

Well, #5 we did draft and upgrade the CB position.

We have an upgraded offensive line with Jansen back and Rabach is an upgrade at C.

LB is improved even though we lost Pierce. Arrington will be healthy and we added some depth there in the draft.

WR is improved even though the Maddenites will disagree. Patten has rings and Moss has RAC ability (gamebreaker).

Overall our defense is slightly better and our offense is vastly improved.

#5....

You're fired;).

Originally posted by ntotoro

Yeah... that's why you start your first post saying you "hate" that we have came no closer to catching the Eagles.

It had nothing to do with the Eagles at all. I gotcha'. Sure. Stop trying to disguise your troll. A pig in a dress is still a pig.

Nick

I stated I "hate" to say it because I have always said that you guys were our only true competetion and that your team actually scared me! A couple of pieces and you guys might beat knock us down a peg......

How is it insane? They pick up the best corner in the draft, the most productive RB not named Wiliams, Benson or Brown, two sleeper defensive players. Add that to one of the more talented and youthful teams in the league who challengede for a playoff spot until the last day of the season and you can see my agruement.

Oh God. Yeah, they've added a few rookies . . . to what? They've got no QB, an o-line full of busts or nobodies. They do have a nice set of WRs, but without a QB or o-line to block for you, what good is it?

And while they've got some nice players like Bert Berry, they don't have a whole lot more.

Like I said, idiotic point.

Antrelle Rolle was not the best CB in the draft. Carlos Rodgers was. Jones had the speed and agility. Rolle has the physical toughness. Rodgers has both of those. he is the more versatile CB of all the three. He was #1 on the Redskins draft board at that position, and he was #1 on mine.

I'll take my chances against Kurt Warner anyday. He wasn't impressive in NY and I doubt he'll be lighting the world on fire in Arizona. A dangerous veteran QB when given the time, but since when is Arizona's O Line topnotch?

Oh God. Yeah, they've added a few rookies . . . to what? They've got no QB, an o-line full of busts or nobodies. They do have a nice set of WRs, but without a QB or o-line to block for you, what good is it?

And while they've got some nice players like Bert Berry, they don't have a whole lot more.

Like I said, idiotic point.

What the Cardinals did was add pieces to a team that frnakly should have made the playoffs last year. They didn't take a step back, the added Warner, which I didn't understand, but again, they were a playoff caliber team and made significant moves to improve themselves.

What the Cardinals did was add pieces to a team that frnakly should have made the playoffs last year. They didn't take a step back, the added Warner, which I didn't understand, but again, they were a playoff caliber team and made significant moves to improve themselves.

Uh huh. And we're adding Big Foot as an UDFA pass rushing DE.

Newsflash: how many games did we lose by less than a TD las year? If we had a semblance of an o-line or a gameplan, we make the playoffs. We're a lot close than the Cruds and a lot closer than you think.

The key is for us to make this work. One problem will be chemistry and it might take longer than expected, but to pony up the Cardinals is absurd.

I for one am very happy that the Giants don't play the Eagles until Week 11. By that time, Eli should be going strong and all of the new pieces the Giants acquired the last several months should all be on the same page.

If the Giants went 2-14 I would be very happy as long as those two wins were against the Eagles.

Ok, maybe not happy but you get my point.

As far as the Cowboys passing the Skins, I would say maybe the Cowboys got even on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe. The Skins did lose Pierce and Smoot and while those two players will probably play very well for their new teams, you have to wonder if just plugging two new guys in will even things out. Is it really Williams' system?

The offenses for the two are up in the air. Neither team has earth shattering WR's but the Skins do have some speed there assuming they work things out with Moss. The RB situation could be even but I would still give the edge right now to Portis over Jones. The QB's are a question mark. How will Ramsey handle the pressure of having a first round QB behind him even though he himself was a first rounder? What about Bledsoe? Will he play better with a new team or is his career on the downside?

I won't compare special teams because I'm not aware enough of the players both teams will be using.

Coaches? Flip a coin.

There is no way you can clearly say that the Cowboys by picking two defensive players in the first round have clearly past the Skins.

I know they haven't past the Giants. :nana:

I love it.....I make a simple statement and ask for constructive critisim and get kiddy comments from the peanut gallery.

What a joke! Allow me to address everyone in this thread so far....

Evil Genius...good point, I based my observations on addition/subtractions.....

Airbourne....TO has a clause (sp) in his contract that says if he misses any mandatory practice, the Eagles have the right to take back half of his initial signing bonus. He'll be at practice on Friday, plus with Runyan taking a pay cut, I think TO will be just fine!

Kevin B......you sig "appears" to be a cry for help thats falling on def ears. What are you trying to do, convinvce the board or yourself?

Faithful...got tanked....real cute, 3 points and we tanked right? Whats funny is that when we beat you guys on Sunday night, half the board, including yourself took it as "WE HAD THE EAGLES ON THE ROPES!" Well, we EAGLES fans can say "WE HAD THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS ON THE ROPES......IN THE SUPER BOWL!"

Skinstzar....."We have better recievers, better running back, fairly equal defense, you may have the special teams edge as well as QB. " TO alone is better than you whole receiving corps! You had the better group until you let Coles go, now you have nothing more than a bunch of track stars who are better suited to be Pro Bowl ST players than receivers.

I simply stated that based upon your needs, with the exception of Rodgers, not to many were met. While Dallas loaded up on Defense, we filled in our cracks, and even ATL got what they needed. Your draft was mind boggling! Especially when you needed a Number 1 receiver, and let 3 of them slip through your fingers! Thus, in my opinion, everyone basically past you, even ARZ.

You are entitled to your oppinion, what has all of that talent gotten you so far. Let me tell you what it has gotten you. A very bad reputation as a bunch of choke artists. Sad, pathetic and sorry. That is what the Eagles are right now. A team looking for a leader, cause thier suppossed leader just got called out in public by a chump.

Uh huh. And we're adding Big Foot as an UDFA pass rushing DE.

Newsflash: how many games did we lose by less than a TD las year? If we had a semblance of an o-line or a gameplan, we make the playoffs. We're a lot close than the Cruds and a lot closer than you think.

The key is for us to make this work. One problem will be chemistry and it might take longer than expected, but to pony up the Cardinals is absurd.

MY POINT IS.....that they were in the hunt until the last day. While you guys lost close games, they didn't.....thus again, they are closer than you guys based upon last year performance.

MY POINT IS.....that they were in the hunt until the last day. While you guys lost close games, they didn't.....thus again, they are closer than you guys based upon last year performance.

...anyone willing to bet money on who will finish with a better record (between the Cards and Skins) this season? Say $100...loser pays the money to Extremeskins???

Tom....with a new defensive scheme, a better QB, and re-established ground game and another year under the Tuna......I think you Dallas has again risen from the grave. Would have been nice if they got another WR, but if Glenn is in fact healthy, then I guess I can live with their current WR corps.

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

...anyone willing to bet money on who will finish with a better record (between the Cards and Skins) this season? Say $100...loser pays the money to Extremeskins???

Personally I say the Skins go 8-8 and ARZ goes 8-8 as well. The clincher that will put ARZ in the playoff hunt will be their divisional record. With SF and the fast fading Seahawks, I say they go 4-2 with losses on the road to SEA and STL while the Skins go 2-4 with wins at home against the NYG and one against DAL. The Birds should sweep them.

Archived