Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate to say it folks....

Number5

I have a very strong opinion on where the Skins will finish up and even what I think their record will be this year. I'll probably keep it to myself or just post it in the official record prediction thread in August. I'll just say I think it's going to be a very long year and I know how much misplaced anger goes on around here so I don't want to feed any fires.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I have a very strong opinion on where the Skins will finish up and even what I think their record will be this year. I'll probably keep it to myself or just post it in the official record prediction thread in August. I'll just say I think it's going to be a very long year and I know how much misplaced anger goes on around here so I don't want to feed any fires.

:laugh:

Originally posted by Number5

Art.....I know you didn't say Thrash. If he couldn't cut it with us, how could you now include him in your statement. Remember that Thrash's most productive year was still 10-15 catches and almost 250 yards less that Pinky's most productive year. If he was soooo much better, don't you think he'd still be an Eagle?

You say you want to talk football Number :pooh: but you lack the basic knowledge to debate simple facts.

His best years numbers are affected because you guys were using Thrash as a number 1 receiver which he obviously is not. You match him up every down with a defenses best corner and he gets jack. Thanks, your team taught us that.

Your team misused him as we did with Trotter, so trying to say he is not a quality #3 or 4 receiver is insane (not inane ;) )

It's probably wise to keep the prediction threads until at least we see what happens in the preseason, but, not because of any misplaced anger around here that you could be subject to if you present an idea people don't like. Rather, the idea itself, whether 16-0 or 0-16 is meaningless in April, before the first mini-camp.

I'm sure, though, when you do reveal your thoughts, they will be the sort that have not altered one iota from today until the first game, even if the Eagles team plane crashes and everyone dies, you aren't going to let actual events alter your prediction from now until then.

Which, of course, makes it meaningless, and is likely why people would crush you for such stupidity.

puuhh-leeeease.

You have the discretion of Linda Tripp.

If you truly wanted to keep it to yourself, you wouldn't have posted the above. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

:laugh:

Am I the only one that feels while Dallas had a "nice" draft, they failed to upgrade two positions of need, at WR, and CB? I think they overdid it a tad on the DLine, though Spears and Ware project as being good players for their scheme.

I guess they figured that Jones is gonna carry them this year and thy're using Witten as a WR anyway. As far as corner goes I guess their hoping that a pass rush will keep their corners from getting beat as much.

The safety was prolly the best pickup as fars as that's concerned. They missed Woodson SOOOOOOOOOOO much last year with Roy Williams showing that he is the Trotter of safeties.

I have no problem with admitting that the boys had a decent draft, I just don't like the stating like fact that they have risen above us. We lost Jansen in preseason which hobbled our offense last year. Who's to say (god forbid) that doesn't happen to another team in the NFC east this year?

Originally posted by Art

It's probably wise to keep the prediction threads until at least we see what happens in the preseason, but, not because of any misplaced anger around here that you could be subject to if you present an idea people don't like. Rather, the idea itself, whether 16-0 or 0-16 is meaningless in April, before the first mini-camp.

I'm sure, though, when you do reveal your thoughts, they will be the sort that have not altered one iota from today until the first game, even if the Eagles team plane crashes and everyone dies, you aren't going to let actual events alter your prediction from now until then.

Which, of course, makes it meaningless, and is likely why people would crush you for such stupidity.

Sorta how the most common prediction thread around here SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE (over 2 years reading) IS "10-6". ;) Shoot, I could have sworn I seen two or three multi-page prediction threads on here (which I didn't contribute to)......I guess all those people should have been crushed for their stupidity.

Sorta how the most common prediction thread around here SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE (over 2 years reading) IS "10-6". ;) Shoot, I could have sworn I seen two or three multi-page prediction threads on here (which I didn't contribute to)......I guess all those people should have been crushed for their stupidity.

Well, yeah, they should, since prediction threads are stupid now. But, the difference between them and you that prevents the crushing they deserve is, they recognize that between now and September a great many things may occur that either encourages them and lifts their prediction or discourages them and downgrades it.

YOU don't behave in that way. Your record now will be the same as your record then. Thus, you, more than most, can say it, since it won't alter one bit, because that's not what you do.

Originally posted by Art

YOU don't behave in that way. Your record now will be the same as your record then. Thus, you, more than most, can say it, since it won't alter one bit, because that's not what you do.

How much and where was the mind reading school you attended, Arthur? :laugh:

How much and where was the mind reading school you attended, Arthur? :laugh:

No school, WB, and the cost, I fear is more than most can bear.

Clicking the link to your profile, finding your posts and reading them is the school. The cost is reading them. Killing us all softly.

Archived