Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What song are you listening to...right now!

jenmdixon

Devil's and Dust - Bruce Springsteen

I personally think one word summarizes this song/new album:

Outstanding.

Springsteen's lyrics are great on this album, and he does a wonderful job of singing some pretty deep and meaningful songs.

Highly recommended.

Originally posted by Canadian Hog

Devil's and Dust - Bruce Springsteen

I personally think one word summarizes this song/new album:

Outstanding.

Springsteen's lyrics are great on this album, and he does a wonderful job of singing some pretty deep and meaningful songs.

Highly recommended.

Downloaded it today although haven't listened to it yet. I'm a huge fan - have seen him countless times. Harder to pay him now when he's trashing my President every chance he gets :), but I do respect him immensely as an artist.

Will be checking that out to/from work for the next several days.

Downloaded it today although haven't listened to it yet. I'm a huge fan - have seen him countless times. Harder to pay him now when he's trashing my President every chance he gets , but I do respect him immensely as an artist.

Will be checking that out to/from work for the next several days.

The album certainly is different musically from his last album. People who are looking for songs similar to "The Rising", "Counting on a Miracle", "Waiting on a Sunny Day", etc. aren't probably going to find them here. "Rock" guitars are absent for the most part on this album.

With that being said, you still certainly will find those tunes that you will still tap your foot to such as Maria's Bed, Leah, All I'm Thinkin' About, etc....

Call me a woman, but I've got a great appreciation for tunes that leave a bit of a lump in your throat. Those are found here as well....

I think you'll be impressed, especially considering you are a big fan. Springsteen has been a guy I've grown into since about 2001. Prior to that I really didn't listen to him. However, I've acquired a huge appreciation for him and have really grown to love his music.

And saying that I "love" his new album is a huge understatement.

If you like the less commercial stuff of his Hog and haven't listened to much of his early stuff, I recommend 'The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle'. One of my favorites. This one, just from a couple quick tracks I peeked at sounds more like 'Nebraska' and/or 'The Ghost of Tom Joad'. Will definitely talk to you more once I've heard the whole thing.

Too bad he didn't do another one with the band though. My favorite album of his by far is 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' - a real rock guitar-oriented album - his only one in fact. I'd love to see him get the band together and do another balls-to-the-wall album like that one, just for old time's sake. 'The Rising' was all over the place, but I still liked it better than anything else he's done recently. Unfortunately, most of the stuff he's done in the past 10 years WITH the band has been pop-oriented, not rock.

I'm not a 'hungry heart' kind of a guy. Give me 'Adam Raised of Cain' or 'Candy's Room' any day of the week.

If you like the less commercial stuff of his Hog and haven't listened to much of his early stuff, I recommend 'The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle'. One of my favorites. This one, just from a couple quick tracks I peeked at sounds more like 'Nebraska' and/or 'The Ghost of Tom Joad'. Will definitely talk to you more once I've heard the whole thing.

Too bad he didn't do another one with the band though. My favorite album of his by far is 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' - a real rock guitar-oriented album - his only one in fact. I'd love to see him get the band together and do another balls-to-the-wall album like that one, just for old time's sake. 'The Rising' was all over the place, but I still liked it better than anything else he's done recently. Unfortunately, most of the stuff he's done in the past 10 years WITH the band has been pop-oriented, not rock.

I'm not a 'hungry heart' kind of a guy. Give me 'Adam Raised of Cain' or 'Candy's Room' any day of the week.

Tarhog,

Thank you for the recommendation....

I'm always looking for good music.....I certainly am not familiar with his really early stuff and will have to check those out for sure.....

I've basically got a bunch of mixed Springsteen cd's that I have downloaded. I'm not really familiar with the albums that all the material comes from, but I can tell you that the stuff I like the best are tunes like "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out", "The River", "Thunder Road", "Badlands", "Atlantic City", etc.

If the stuff you suggested is anything like that I most certainly will love it. Regardless, I will check it out and am excited to do so.

You are right with the whole Ghost of Tom Joad comparison. In fact, a couple reviews I read specifically made mention of this very same point.

I'm guessing it would be pretty cool to see him on his upcoming tour. Apparently he is scaling down his venues and playing to theatre type atmospheres. An emphasis is apparently being placed on acoustic type stuff.

But I agree, I'd love to see him with the E-Street Band. Especially considering I've never had the opportunity to see him live.

Originally posted by illone

First song in the thread that I like.

I'm listening to Pete Rock and CL Smooth - da two.

Whoa. 126 responses, most songs and finally have a winner for ya. :whew:

Are ya gonna go my way Lenny Kravitz.

Originally posted by illone

First song in the thread that I like.

I'm listening to Pete Rock and CL Smooth - da two.

Talk about old school........I remember Scenerio with Leaders of The New School( Busta Rhymes) I have the Tribe Anthology and it has alot of good songs i.e. We got the Jazz, Hot Sex on a PLatter, Bonita Applebum just to name a few. I was a big Kid N Play fan back in the day. I also liked "The Overweight Lover" Heavy D.

Archived