Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revenge of The Sith gets a PG-13 rating

Chrisbob74

OK...

I just saw Phantom Menace for the first time since the opening night at theatres.

Much better than I expected. Maybe I read too many negative reviews, or my own expectations were too high. But, I honestly thought it was a great movie.

The kid wasn't so bad, and Jar Jar Binks was the only down-side of the movie...but, he still wasn't that bad.

Darth Maul :notworthy:

My daughter was also into it the whole way through.

Best scene.....Where Anakin gets stuck in the fighter on autopilot. Then takes out the destroyer accidently, all on his lonesome.

Can't wait to rewatch Attack Of the Clones.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

There's just a lot of holes to fill, like I said. In connecting the stories.

I was curious about the movie after seeing a picture of that guy general grevious so I went to the website... Talk about a spoiler... They thoroughly explain every aspect of the story and beyond. I mean you'd think they'd atleast wait till the movie came out to admit who the emperor is and why he looks all crotchity.

If you really wanna :geek: and have all your questions answer go there... His website will ruin everything for you real quick.

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

I was curious about the movie after seeing a picture of that guy general grevious so I went to the website... Talk about a spoiler... They thoroughly explain every aspect of the story and beyond. I mean you'd think they'd atleast wait till the movie came out to admit who the emperor is and why he looks all crotchity.

If you really wanna :geek: and have all your questions answer go there... His website will ruin everything for you real quick.

Naaaa, I'll wait for the movie. I'm not into the movies enough to check the websites for story plugs & stuff like that. I just want a good story put together right, that's all. :D

Originally posted by richard saunders

OK...

I just saw Phantom Menace for the first time since the opening night at theatres.

Much better than I expected. Maybe I read too many negative reviews, or my own expectations were too high. But, I honestly thought it was a great movie.

The kid wasn't so bad, and Jar Jar Binks was the only down-side of the movie...but, he still wasn't that bad.

Darth Maul :notworthy:

My daughter was also into it the whole way through.

Best scene.....Where Anakin gets stuck in the fighter on autopilot. Then takes out the destroyer accidently, all on his lonesome.

Can't wait to rewatch Attack Of the Clones.

"Phantom" wasn't really that bad. Darth Maul was the sh*t. I remember that after that movie, there were all these rumors about Maul being a Clone & that he would be back in the 2nd one. :rolleyes:

Yoda was badazz in the 2nd one. The fight scene at the end was unreal. And the 2nd one wasn't really all that bad, either. It was just slower than I expected. I guess, maybe that's to be expected, with the way the story was going. I just hope he sews up all the holes. :)

Big Star Wars fan here... thought I'd flog this horse a bit.

Look... EP 1 & 2 were good flicks.

You guys are way way way too critical. Sit back, relax, and enjoy these movies while they're out there.

Hell, Lucas didn't have to make them ;)

Take them for what they're worth. Plot - driven space epics.

Thank you and goodnight. :)

Originally posted by Henry

Alright Code, on this I disagree completely. The movies were huge from day one. Every movie has detractors, but the original series was the biggest thing to hit the theatres since Technicolor.

Originally posted by codeorama

I agree, they were huge hits, in terms of Box Office, but so are these movies.. I'm talking about reviews, critics etc...

I remember watching that goofy movie reviewer they used to have on WRC news. The one with the big hair and the huge handle-bar mustache. I think his name was Gene. He loved both EPIV and EPV. He said that Empire was at least as good, if not better, than the original.

As I recall, ROTJ had mixed reviews. The teddy bears were not a big hit with the critics.

Originally posted by goskins

I'd agree with that...C3PO was built by Anakin and he never recognizes him or R2D2 (who served with Anakin in Ep.1 etc.....) in the 2nd trilogy.

The Boba Fett/Jango Fett story was interesting, but again-- all of the stormtroopers are basically Boba with no free will.....plus I was hoping for more of a backstory to lead into Solo's past......

See, this is exactly part of the problem with the prequel.

Now, I'm not pointing at you specifically, but I've heard many many people make similar comments. Understand, I am not attacking you in any way. You were simply hoping.

But all the people who make these comments have one thing in common - what they wanted to see. They all seem to feel that they should have been consulted, or that they could "do it better", or some other ridiculous thing.

These are George's movies. We can love them, hate them, or find some middle ground. But they are not ours.

Originally posted by Woofer Magoo

Now, I'm not pointing at you specifically, but I've heard many many people make similar comments. Understand, I am not attacking you in any way. You were simply hoping.

But all the people who make these comments have one thing in common - what they wanted to see. They all seem to feel that they should have been consulted, or that they could "do it better", or some other ridiculous thing.

These are George's movies. We can love them, hate them, or find some middle ground. But they are not ours.

Excellent point.

Guest sith lord

The main problem most people have with the prequels is that they expected to see Luke,Leia and Han,but instead they got Qui-Gon,Padme and Mace.

Originally posted by Woofer Magoo

And that I'd say is that. I do understand the.....loyalty? passion? that many fans who say such things about the movies have. Hell, I've said it from day one that Killing Maul buried the movie for many fans. However, not my movie or story. Tell away George.

Originally posted by sith lord

The main problem most people have with the prequels is that they expected to see Luke,Leia and Han,but instead they got Qui-Gon,Padme and Mace.

Say what? You're kidding right? Can't agree with that one. These movies were listed as prequels from the get go. And might I add that the rumors of such stories were around from the time the first one , (IV), came out. Just mho.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Park City Skins

And that I'd say is that. I do understand the.....loyalty? passion? that many fans who say such things about the movies have. Hell, I've said it from day one that Killing Maul buried the movie for many fans. However, not my movie or story. Tell away George.

Say what? You're kidding right? Can't agree with that one. These movies were listed as prequels from the get go. And might I add that the rumors of such stories were around from the time the first one , (IV), came out. Just mho.

I came to that conclusion by reading some of the post of the "prequel bashers" on other websites.You would not believe some of what these people have to say.I'll give you a couple of examples:Wouldn't it be cool if a young Han and Lando was in Episode III,or how about this one,They should show Han being raised by the wookies.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

The difference here is you are referring to fan reaction.

But Maul had only a small, albeit important, part in the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by codeorama

There is a 17 to 18 year gap in between ep III and IV.

Luke is supposed to be 17 or 18 at the start of Ep IV.

Anakin was 9 in EPI, 19 in EP II and 22 or 23 in EP III. That makes Vader between 40 and 41 or so in Ep IV.

Obi is about 10-15 years older than Anakin.

And again, C3po will have his memory wiped in EP III, that's why he remembers nothing and again, like PCS just said, droids are like toasters, they all look alike, there is lots of evidence in the two sets of movies of other droids that look just like 3po in particular and r2.

Makes perfect sense.

In the few clips and stills I've seen, I thought Anakin looks older than early 20s - late 20s maybe or 30.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I agree about the droids not being recognized by Vader. There are many droids that look just like the both of them. Although, I can't recall too many encounters wher Vader & 3PO are actually in the same space together for Vader to recognize him.

Maybe Vader does recognize him in the carobonite chamber but what's he supposed to do? "Hey, you with the droid parts on your back, put that down!" Turns to Boba Fett, "You know I BUILT that droid when I was a kid! Wow! What a small galaxy we live....errr.....umm I mean.....put him in!"

Lucas created a big picture-- But, not all at the same time and in the same decade. (his ex-wifey was trying to get half remember?)I imagine a lot of the stuff he wrote into the script was for the fans. Tried to include those elements even though without them the story would have had greater continuity. As for the nitpicky stuff people are yapping about who cares? I mean movies rely on a suspension of disbelief. Atleast, he took the time to explain everything.

If you want better continuity go see Harry Potter.

Originally posted by sith lord

I came to that conclusion by reading some of the post of the "prequel bashers" on other websites.You would not believe some of what these people have to say.I'll give you a couple of examples:Wouldn't it be cool if a young Han and Lando was in Episode III,or how about this one,They should show Han being raised by the wookies.

Exactly... So many people had different opinions of what THEY wanted so see.

From the moment I heard the PT was becoming a reality, I didn't have expectatons of what I needed to see. That's why the PT has failed for many people, they had expectations of certain things and when it didn't come true for them, they didn't like it.

I just watch the movies and I either like it or I don't. I'm not going to get my hopes up to see something specific, that's just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

Maybe Vader does recognize him in the carobonite chamber but what's he supposed to do? "Hey, you with the droid parts on your back, put that down!" Turns to Boba Fett, "You know I BUILT that droid when I was a kid! Wow! What a small galaxy we live....errr.....umm I mean.....put him in!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Great point. Maybe Vader did recognize him, but they key is that C3PO couldn't recognize Vader, because he doesn't know that Vader was Anakin.

Archived