Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revenge of The Sith gets a PG-13 rating

Chrisbob74

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

That's probably it, they all sound a bit off to me. Even Samuel L. Jackson who I know can act. The kid in the first one, however, was beyond bad. I understand it's hard to find someone so young who can act and carry a whole movie like Haley Joel Osment, but still... oh well.

Sam Jackson is playing the part he is supposed to play.

The jedi are stiff formal people, they don't have a sense of humor, they are rigid.

They are lacking emotion.

EPIII will change that because all hell breaks loose. You will see Anakin, Obi and Mace acting with emotion because so much is on the line.

Originally posted by codeorama

Sam Jackson is playing the part he is supposed to play.

The jedi are stiff formal people, they don't have a sense of humor, they are rigid.

They are lacking emotion.

EPIII will change that because all hell breaks loose. You will see Anakin, Obi and Mace acting with emotion because so much is on the line.

No defense of the kid? ;)

Actually, the worst acting IMHO was Liam Neeson, he was TERRIBLE in The Phantom Menace. I've watched that movie many times, and there are so many lines where he just plain says a line wrong. Guy wasn't even trying. And that's Lucas' fault, for not insisting on decent performances from his actors.

But as Code said, these movies aren't driven by amazing acting. If that's what you are looking for go rent The Hours. :)

Probably the forcing of R2D2, C3PO and Boba Fett into the plot, among other things.

I can understand.

I know the entire saga is supposed to be from the droids point of view so to speak, so you really have to have them. 3po gets his memory erased, so that's why he won't remember anything.

As for Boba, that's just playing it up for the fan boys.

Here's why Lucas can never win.... Fett gets little to no screen time in the OT, yet he is beloved by the fans, they want more of him, so Lucas give them a little more, ties it into the PT, yet now, the other half is pissed cause it doesn't fit.

Darth Maul is a great example. Maul serves a purpose, he's a bad ass villain that gets to die at Obi's hand, to show Obi's no slouch, yet everyone's pissed that he didn't last longer. Lucas can't win no matter what he does.

The OT has only become beloved as time has gone on. While it raked in the bucks, there were lots of people that hated the movies, even back then.

The OT has only become beloved as time has gone on. While it raked in the bucks, there were lots of people that hated the movies, even back then.

Alright Code, on this I disagree completely. The movies were huge from day one. Every movie has detractors, but the original series was the biggest thing to hit the theatres since Technicolor.

Originally posted by Henry

Alright Code, on this I disagree completely. The movies were huge from day one. Every movie has detractors, but the original series was the biggest thing to hit the theatres since Technicolor.

I agree, they were huge hits, in terms of Box Office, but so are these movies.. I'm talking about reviews, critics etc...

Originally posted by steveo56

Code I have the new soundtrack...:cheers:

Good stuff! I have no idea if your into that or not butit is killer! Nice hearing vaders theme in it.:notworthy if ya want a few tracks send me a PM.

Awsome, to be honest, thats one thing I"m not really into. Don't get me wrong, the music is a HUGE part of the movies, but I've never bought one of the soundtracks to listen to outside of watching the movie...

Thanks for the offer though, I really appreciate that.:cheers: :cheers:

I agree, they were huge hits, in terms of Box Office, but so are these movies.. I'm talking about reviews, critics etc...

Code, as much as I would love to put these new movies on the same pedestal as the originals, I can admit that I'd be fooling myself if I considered their impact on modern cinema comparable.

I like the prequels. I don't feel the need to apologize for it. That's good enough for me.

Code, as much as I would love to put these new movies on the same pedestal as the originals, I can admit that I'd be fooling myself if I considered their impact on modern cinema comparable.

I like the prequels. I don't feel the need to apologize for it. That's good enough for me.

So you are saying these movies are not BO hits? That's all I'm saying, they are raking in tons of money.

No SW film has ever won an award for best picture though...

EDIT... Also, of course they have had NOWHERE near the impact on cinema... The special effects were a huge breakthrough...

Times are different now, everyone has eyepoping special effects.

So you are saying these movies are not BO hits? That's all I'm saying, they are raking in tons of money.

No SW film has ever won an award for best picture though...

EDIT... Also, of course they have had NOWHERE near the impact on cinema... The special effects were a huge breakthrough...

Times are different now, everyone has eyepoping special effects.

Star Wars was at least UP for best picture. And best director. And best orginal screenplay. And best supporting actor (Alec Guiness). In fact, it received 10 nominations, winning 6 awards. Contrast that to Attack of the Clones, up for 1 award (despite the increased number of technical awards given out) and winning none. Star Wars, and Empire (the only other SW movie to win an academy award of any kind), received much higher acclaim than any of the prequels. Then and now.

Hopefully in time people will decide these three are great films too. It's not looking that way, though.

is it too much to ask to have mace windu get samuel jackson'd up a little before the fight scene....

maybe grow the fro a bit and get real angry....

i'd kill for him to get pissed off and tell palpatine "does the jedi council look like a bch!?!?, say wut again, i dare ya, i double dog dare ya"

:cheers:

Star Wars was at least UP for best picture. And best director. And best orginal screenplay. And best supporting actor (Alec Guiness). In fact, it received 10 nominations, winning 6 awards. Contrast that to Attack of the Clones, up for 1 award (despite the increased number of technical awards given out) and winning none. Star Wars, and Empire (the only other SW movie to win an academy award of any kind), received much higher acclaim than any of the prequels. Then and now.

Hopefully in time people will decide these three are great films too. It's not looking that way, though.

Like I said, times were different, the Originals were way ahead of their times and were breaking ground on new technologies and techniques.

The new ones are only breaking ground on a few things, like digital camera useage, some cgi techniques, but nothing compared to the jump in technology that Lucas gave us in the time of the first movies.

Probably the forcing of R2D2, C3PO and Boba Fett into the plot, among other things.

I'd agree with that...C3PO was built by Anakin and he never recognizes him or R2D2 (who served with Anakin in Ep.1 etc.....) in the 2nd trilogy.

The Boba Fett/Jango Fett story was interesting, but again-- all of the stormtroopers are basically Boba with no free will.....plus I was hoping for more of a backstory to lead into Solo's past......

Like I said, times were different, the Originals were way ahead of their times and were breaking ground on new technologies and techniques.

The new ones are only breaking ground on a few things, like digital camera useage, some cgi techniques, but nothing compared to the jump in technology that Lucas gave us in the time of the first movies.

Maybe, maybe not. But the originals did not receive nearly the amount of ciriticism these last two have. While you and I can rationalize the reasons behind this all we want, VERY few people were overly critical of the original Star Wars.

Originally posted by goskins

I'd agree with that...C3PO was built by Anakin and he never recognizes him or R2D2 (who served with Anakin in Ep.1 etc.....) in the 2nd trilogy.

...sigh....

C3po gets his memory wiped, he remembers nothing.

Droids look similar, how many droids do you see in the movies that look identical or nearly identical to r2 and 3po..? The first scene in EP IV inside Tantive IV is of R2, 3po and another droid that looks just like him.

The first scene in EP I has a 3po lookalike.

VERY few people were overly critical of the original Star Wars.

They didn't have a legacy to compare them too.

There were lots of bad reviews.

Read the post above this one... People don't get alot of it, it upsets someone because they don't undersand why the droids don't remember, etc... yet they aren't aware that droids are like toasters.

IMO, that's where much of the criticism comes from (from fans that is) is because they expected movies just like the other ones, there were so many expectations, more boba fett, too much boba fett, han solo, no han solo, chewy, no chewy....

Archived