Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should We Take a Risk on Clarette?

Duke

...If he lasted until a late round? Let's say 5 or 6.

Adam Shefter of the NFL Network interestingly mentioned about it today that how a guy who was very productive in both HS and college levels will not be as productive in the pro, even though he might need a year to get back into football shape.

I'd take a look at him closely if he remains on the board then. His attitude has changed dramatically from last year's draft.

Your thoughts...

No real need for a player like him at this time IMO, especially not with his past. If he were to be an UDFA then I might look at him but I would not, for the Redskins as of right now, waste a pick on him when we have Portis, Betts, Rock, Morton and Simon.

aNOha :)

Actually, as a 7th rounder... I think he'd be worth bringing to camp. He is a better prospect than Hamden at least...

But to a minimum contract of course... this kid needs to eat a few more helpings of humble pie.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

With Dallas' last selection in the 7th round, I would take a flyer out on him.

The way I see it, if BP cant turn this kid around, no one can.

He's done a lot worse with other 7th rounders.

But then again, he's done a lot better too.

But you already have Jones?

I don't know about Morton's cap numbers but I think Clarette might have a chance to be more productive than him.

Morton played sparingly even as a third down back, regardless of his injury. And we have a truck load of PRs/KRs now.

Just speculation...

Originally posted by Renegade7

But you already have Jones?

Yes.

But BP has said on numerous occasions he wants a capable backup RB to spell Jones (and just in case he gets hurt).

With Richie Anderson facing career threatening neck surgery, and without another solid RB on the roster, they will be drafting one at some point this April.

Rashard Lee is capable, but hes way too inconsistent and hasnt even come close to earning BP's trust.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Yes.

But BP has said on numerous occasions he wants a capable backup RB to spell Jones (and just in case he gets hurt).

With Richie Anderson facing career threatening neck surgery, and without another solid RB on the roster, they will be drafting one at some point this April.

Rashard Lee is capable, but hes way too inconsistent and hasnt even come close to earning BP's trust.

Hey, more power to ya, bro. :laugh:

Originally posted by Renegade7

Hey, more power to ya, bro. :laugh:

Eh.

Whats a 7th rounder.

They dont make the team more than half the time.

With the potential he has shown, its worth the risk.

If he does go undrafted though, he will be one of the more sought after UDFA's.

I would consider it as a 7th round pick or UDFA, maybe even a 6th. The guy had potential in college, its just his attitude that affects him. If Gibbs can control that, we could conceiveably have a better bruser/3rd down back than Betts or Rock. Anyways, just an idea. The problem is I could see him bolting if he has a solid season.

I might say yes if we had 10 draftpicks, however I would take a risk signing him as an UFA, but not a draftpick since we don't have a lot, yet at least :point2sky

Under a good coach and system I think he would be a good back in the NFL.

Sure, why not take him as a late round prospect? We could use a big bruiser to spell Portis, and Clarett is as likely to be a good player as anybody else in the 6-7th round. The picks at that point are flyers anyway, so why not? I wouldn't be dissapointed if we picked him up late. 5th round might be too early, but 6th or 7th? Fine.

Archived