Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forced Name Change?

MumboSauce

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Actually, wasn't None of the above, I would call them the? an option?

~Signed

Anal Retentive Super Nerd Cop

^^ true, and then you added nothing constructive to the conversation whatsoever.

A real name with a small amount of immagination or creativity may have lended more to the thread.

but enjoy what you do. :doh:

Unfortunately, SOMEDAY we will be forced to change the name. Its just a fact with the way our society has been moving for the past 30 years.

Someone with enough influence is gonna get a wild hair across his/her azz and our beloved team will be the victim.

For no other reason but to claim a victory of some sorts. Whether its political influenced or not (probably will be though)

Its good and bad in that some change is necessary to set president for more meaningful change. But I will be sad on that day in any case.

If it must be changed I would like to see it go back to Braves. I think it would be completely unfair to abandon the entire theme. I can understand the problem with Redskin, but what is the problem with Brave?

Originally posted by ciresolstice

^^ true, and then you added nothing constructive to the conversation whatsoever.

A real name with a small amount of immagination or creativity may have lended more to the thread.

but enjoy what you do. :doh:

I think goskins would argue with you that I added nothing constructive. He got to read an article on "Blackie" Wetzel & learned where the logo came from.

Perhaps a sense of humor would be helpful to you. If you'll bother to note the name I mentioned was a run together. Done so as a joke.

It doesn't matter if has been brought up in different ways. Just because you have four other options in the form of a poll, & had the word "hypothetical" in it doesn't make the thread idea original. It just attempted to put a different spin on it.

Oh, & in case you missed it, this here was done as humor as well. :

~Signed

Anal Retentive Super Nerd Cop

Here's hoping I don't have to explain that one to you.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

If we had to change the name, I would say Washington Braves. It keeps the spirit intact, and we were the Braves when the franchise was in Boston I believe.

ding ding ding!!!!!

You win... that answer is the only correct one. :cheers:

I propose a riot if this ever happened, a full boycott of things by all skins fans nationwide, anything to prevent something as rediculous as this from happening. Since it would probably come from a court case, or the House, petition those places to no end and march on those buildings, dont budge til the name remains. Im sure we can think of more if the time comes.

Braves I could tolerate, but I would think of the baseball team more there, dont think they would like that. We are the REDSKINS, and we better remain that way!!!

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

I think goskins would argue with you that I added nothing constructive. He got to read an article on "Blackie" Wetzel & learned where the logo came from.

Perhaps a sense of humor would be helpful to you. If you'll bother to note the name I mentioned was a run together. Done so as a joke.

It doesn't matter if has been brought up in different ways. Just because you have four other options in the form of a poll, & had the word "hypothetical" in it doesn't make the thread idea original. It just attempted to put a different spin on it.

Oh, & in case you missed it, this here was done as humor as well. :

Here's hoping I don't have to explain that one to you.

I did actually learn something from this thread. A very interesting topic that the "chief" logo came from a NA who wanted the Redskins R removed and replaced with something more noble.

Truthfully, ciresolstice you picked a bad time to post this "all in good fun" thread about chaning the 'Skins name.

There were the 2 JMAN threads about a day or two ago that rubbed many (including myself -ie the post about the Washington PC's was in his thread as well) the wrong way.

There have been so many shots at the Redskins name by many who have nothing to do but complain and whine that many that hear your question think you're heading down the same path (even when you weren't trying to do that).

I still think my and TK's humorous post were funny anyway........

Again thanks TK for posting that article (and gridironmike).

HTTR

Personally, I love the name and current logo of our beloved team. And I hope that it is never changed. It was fun to mix it up with the throwback "spear" logo a couple of years ago but out of all of the unis that the team has worn, it was my least favorite. I would have liked it better if the "spear" uni was more true to the original and didn't have the shiny gold color.

Anyhow, if the name were to be attacked by some political self- important jerk, I would hope that we could keep the logo and stick with the NA theme.

Possible names that I could live with would include the:

Warriors

Chieftains (I know its close to the KC Chiefs but hey, make them change thier name too)

Nobles

Natives

I don't like "Braves" but it does have a history with the team.

That said. If there is pressure to change the name in my lifetime, who ever is leading the campaign will surely get some negative mail from me.

HTTR

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by DarkLadyRaven

There are Ravens and Cowboys fans that are in a contest to come up with the best name for the Redskins-- it has been hilarious so far. Its very hard to one up each other

DLR,

I seen the same thing for "The Best name" for the Ravens......Primarily from fellow AFCer's Browns, Steelers and Bengals fans.

I remember "Pigeon Tardlings" is one that a certain Steeler poster likes to call the Ravens in his posts.........

I think that happens to every team.

I actually laugh at some of the 'Skins names that many have "created".

Originally posted by DarkLadyRaven

There are Ravens and Cowboys fans that are in a contest to come up with the best name for the Redskins-- it has been hilarious so far. Its very hard to one up each other

What, ya'll have nothing better to do? Don't ya have some crack binge to be on or a murdering spree in a club somewhere in Balti/Dallas?

Here's a nickname you should like: The BaltiDallas Ravencows. :laugh:

:dallasuck :ravensuck

The thing I'd do to screw with everyone would be to rename the team "Washington", not "the Washington _______s". Keep everything else the same, including the fight song. You just know that everyone will still call them the "Redskins".

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

What, ya'll have nothing better to do? Don't ya have some crack binge to be on or a murdering spree in a club somewhere in Balti/Dallas?

Here's a nickname you should like: The BaltiDallas Ravencows. :laugh:

:dallasuck :ravensuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one CSA!!!!!

Archived