Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Never buying another redskin jersey again

JCav06

What up fellas. first time poster but I read these forums on a regular basis.

anyways, it seems like every time i get a redskins jersey, something always seems to happen to them (leave, released, retired, injury, etc.) it's a waste of 60 bucks going out and buying them knowing that in two years time they'll be gone. some recent examples:

D. Green jersey bought a couple of years before he retired (yeah DG's timeless, but i want a player that's on the active roster)

S. Davis jersey bought in 2001: released

Champ jersey as a x-mas gift in 2002: traded to broncos

LA jersey bought last year (throwback): injured for most of the year

Coles jersey i got when he became a redskin: :finger:

Smoot jersey: just signed with the vikings

this is why you will never see me buy a sean taylor or a clinton portis jersey. Oh yeah, f*ck Coles.

Not sure why anyone would buy a Skins jersey with a player's name on it. I never know why any fan would by any player's name on the jersey of his favorite team. We're in the free agency period. Players are no longer who you root for. Organizations are.

All of my Redskin jersey's are custom made with MY name on it. As I will always be here :).

Originally posted by Art

Not sure why anyone would buy a Skins jersey with a player's name on it. I never know why any fan would by any player's name on the jersey of his favorite team. We're in the free agency period. Players are no longer who you root for. Organizations are.

All of my Redskin jersey's are custom made with MY name on it. As I will always be here :).

I'm with you here Art. No renegotiating, trades or being cut. :D

BTW :welcome: new guy!

Originally posted by Art

That is a good idea...I may just do that.

I only own a Darrell Green jersey. I was about to buy a Champ jersey two years ago (had it in my hand) but decided to wait till he resigned. Then last year I wanted a Smoot jersey...but did the same thing.

So at this rate I don't think I will ever buy another players jersey.

The only Skins Jersey I've ever bought with a player being on the current roster is Lavar. I always get the old school players though. I have one with my name also. I have Riggins, D. Green, and even Ricky Ervins. I personally like my Ricky Ervins one the best as some may have seen those that are out. Its a throwback one. Nice deep burgundy. Its actually the uniform I wish the Skins would switch to. :point2sky

Originally posted by More Complete

I root for the org of course but come on, you don't root for the players? That doesn't make any sense!

In that I root for the team to do well I root for the players. Fred Smoot is my FAVORITE player. My next Siberian husky will have an official registered name of, "Water runs over two-thirds of the planet, Smoot runs over the rest." Smoot for short :).

I will love it if Smoot does well elsewhere. But, I root for the team. The players come and go. I haven't rooted for a player since Darrell Green, who was the last, true, core Redskin. I'll root for a player again when the next core Redskin is revealed.

:welcome:

I know you want a jersey with someone on the active roster, but you may want to consider going with your own name or that of a former Redskin that will always be associated with the team. This way you'll never be outdated, just timeless.

Just a thought.

of course i'm gonna root for the organization before the players, but i'm sure everybody here has a favorite current redskin. i'm just saying that i'm not gonna buy another player's jersey for fear of jinxing them. i might have to go with what somebody else suggested and wear a retired player's jersey like green's or monk's.

I plan on buying an Eli Manning, Antonio Pierce, and hopefully after today, a Plaxico Burress jersey. I don't care if they are only with the team for a year or two, I like having them. The only one that I have bought so far who left was Armstead but he was still with the Giants for a long time. I have Barber, Strahan, and Shockey. I hope to double that this summer. :D

I have a Shuler, Bailey, & Coles jersey that now get to sit in the back of my closet.

I also have an Arrington jersey that I hope can get a career's worth of usage.

This offseason I plan on getting a Darrell Green jersey, as you can't really go wrong with #28.

Originally posted by Art

That's corny as hell Art. Pick up some classic Redskins jerseys if you hate what happens in the NFL. But Jerseys with your name on it, corny...as....hell.

Archived