Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Never buying another redskin jersey again

JCav06

I've decided that when I buy ANY Redskin stuff (hat, jersey, t-shirt, whatever) they end up having a bad year. I'm banning myself from the Redskins store.

My apologies to Dustin and Co., but I curse the 'Skins when I wear their logo. I trashed all my gear after the last Dallas loss. I hope this reverses the curse. We'll see...

Originally posted by Gfunk703

That's corny as hell Art. Pick up some classic Redskins jerseys if you hate what happens in the NFL. But Jerseys with your name on it, corny...as....hell.

Not in the slightest. I'm more a Redskin than any player, because I'm here all the time for free :).

Originally posted by Art

Not in the slightest. I'm more a Redskin than any player, because I'm here all the time for free :).

Amen to that, we are always here through thick and thin, and hell, we don't get paid for it...

Originally posted by Art

I %100 agree Art. Although I must admit that I just purchased an authentic Arrington & authentic,signed Riggins jersey. But I wanted to ask you, where can I get a jersey made with my name on it?

I am kinda pissed at these guys, but not really. We've lost alot of fan favorites over the years. While these guys were the first favs to emerge in the JGII era, I feel worse for Gibbs who I believe got out of football because of the eminent salary cap era and free agency. He didn't want to have to wave bye-bye to some of his favorite players due to financial constraints.

This just forces the coaching staff to comb through and weed out the high-priced guys. It will enable us in the future to avoid cap-hell, while getting exceptional value out of players who were cast off for higher priced names.

We'll be fine.

I've seen a few people sarcasticly commenting "OMG we'll never be able to field a 5-11/6-10 team witout these guys!" :laugh:

That comment couldn't be more right.

People need to chill. This is something that isn't all to unfamiliar.

Originally posted by Griff

Houston

The problem I have with Houston, Butz, Hanburger, Monk, etc. jerseys like in the picture is those players never wore jerseys that looked like that. If you're gonna get nostalgic, I think you have to get a nice throwback.

Otherwise, follow the player contracts. For example, Springs has five years left on a six year contract. Buy and hold. When it gets down to a year, sell.

Or think about player development. Marshall taking Pierce's place, or Harris taking Smoot's place.

Archived