Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Toughens Redskins Coverage, Team Yanks Tickets

I don't think the situation is impossible to turn around. I think it means making some tough decisions--like letting a couple of good players go and taking a huge cap hit to get rid of a malcontent--for a couple of seasons.

In the meantime, the players who stay will play hard for Gibbs and I think the results will improve. Gibbs has proven that overall talent isn't neccesarily the key to winning.

The real key, in my opinion, is whether or not Snyder will let others run the operation and take the credit. My fear is that Snyder craves the credit and wants to be seen as the lynchpin for the Skins ultimate success.

What I'm hoping for is for Gibbs to right the ship, and maybe let Gregg Williams sail it into the future.

Good for the post -- for way too long it has been printing nothing but glowing coverage of the skins, even as our beloved franchise was becoming one of the biggest jokes in the league. It's about time they got out of the team's pocket -- it definitely can't hurt.

I don't understand this blind defense of the team against the post. Yes the post has made errors in some of its reporting, but thats beside the point, the overall messages are whats important. snyder and co. have yet to build a successful team, and each year we get our hopes up only to be let down. The redskins DON'T DESERVE coverage in a favorable light, and if it was possible for me to take my burgundy and gold glasses off, i probably wouldn't be nearly as optomistic about this season as I am. Bottom line is the skins will get good coverage when they actually do something good on the field - until that happens, they don't warrant any special treatment. This team has not been without its share of blunders for many of the past few years.

Guest Gichin13

I cannot believe people are defending this type of petulant behavior by Snyder.

If you believe Coles at all, Danny threatened that he would never play at all and went hysterical.

Clearly, the team has trumped up an excuse to clip the Post out of tickets it has had for years.

Sure, for those above who say it is his building, that is all well and good and true. But to defend this behavior as anything but overly emotional, unprofessional, and unbefitting a proud organization is sad. You did not see the Squire yanking tickets when his wife going ballistic in G'Town and on the car hood was all over the Post.

Besides, why shouldn't they be critical? I love Joe as much as the next guy, but so far I still see a dormat and one that is losing what were defined as "core players" rather than turning the corner towards success. Maybe it is short pain, long gain, but Danny has to expect some skepticism and take it in stride rather than blow off another knee jerk reaction like this.

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

You all are being total homers.

The Washington Post has been reporting NEWS (wow imagine that) coming from Redskins park -- not just the fluff Snyder wants printed.

He has driven this team into the ground starting in 2000.

Does he spend money?

Yes.

Does he spend it wisely?

No.

Does he try?

Yes -- to the detriment of the organization. His "instant results" have left this team in shambles -- which no matter who we have coaching won't get fixed until we get our front office into shape.

Exactly

And for the fans who don't live in the DC area the Post is the king, the stories are now just going to get worse, no one reads the WT or other newspapers here, Danny is getting into a fight he can't win.

Maybe the skins should worry more about trying to win games, then what people write about.

My general opinion of Snyder is that he is a greedy little snot nosed punk and the Redskins might be better off without him. But I also think we could do worse. Snyder is at least a huge fan and really does want to win despite his greed.

The dude is just too much about business and profit and not enough about team and family. It still shocks the hell out of me that Gibbs came to work for him.

Still I find it laughable that the Post is making a stink about this as if they have a birthright to hundreds of tickets.

Originally posted by Skip to my lou

If the rules are that every individual is allowed only 6 tickets, then let it be. If the Post has more than 6, than take them away.

That "rule" (if it is even one) is enforced selectively. I personally know an individual that owned a large company in the Washington area for a long time. He retired and sold his interest in the business, but kept control of the Redskins tickets his company has owned for over 30 years. Last week he sent money in to buy his usual 60 tickets + about 20 parking passes. He sells/gives them to former employees and friends.

So, I think Danny is basically ***** slapping the Post...because he can...;)

Originally posted by Synergist

All I know is that article about LC and if Danny acted that way it's scary..

I knew a guy who used to do computer work at Danny's house, he was forced to wear an outfit that is similar to the ones you would see when a chemical attack happens :laugh:

Fine, if the Post wants to "toughen" the coverage, at least have people who are respected, talented and here's a thought actually live in DC comment on the Skins.

If Maske,Wilbon and Boswell took their shots at the Skins. I might agree or disagree but I respect those guys.

But Nunyo,Jenkins and Wise are amateur hacks who have no creditials in my book to be writing about the Redskins. Nunyo is a poor reporter who is way over his head and has had way too many mistakes to be kept in his job. Jenkins and Wise are at best carpetbaggers who, I'm willing to bet have not stepped foot inside Redskin Park more than 5 times between them in the last year.

Funny, back when the Post had good writers it was "soft", now they have poor writers and their only angle is to be critical of the Skins.

Originally posted by jbooma

Exactly

And for the fans who don't live in the DC area the Post is the king, the stories are now just going to get worse, no one reads the WT or other newspapers here, Danny is getting into a fight he can't win.

JB

Your speaking for "everyone" act has grown old & tired. I live four hours away from the DC area & the WP is NOT the king to me.

how do you know that Dan is pulling these tickets because of some articles taking shots at him? Maybe he pulled those tickets because there were actual scalping or maybe he just wants to because he feels that the Post shouldn't be getting that many tickets. Give me a break...we all speculating......

Originally posted by jimster

yeah, right.

This Sally Jenkins is the one with an issue. - I've never read anything she's written about the 'Skins that didn't have a personal insult thrown in toward Snyder. - Then they print this piece where she talks like she 's the victim.

Welcome to the Liberal media. :rolleyes:

The biggest issue where the Redskins are concerned is that the Post has stopped printing valuable & responsible journalism. Instead, what the majority of Redskins fans get to read from the Post is hateful, irresponsible, bashings because the owner won't give them what they want. The Post used to be insightful & trustworthy to the Redskins. "Used to be" being the operative words. They have proven themselves to be untrustworthy & I don't blame Snyder one bit for yanking their tix. He should have yanked them all & put them at the bottom of the waiting list for tix & make them wait for a period of time like the rest of us. ****s.

Next up, he should yank tix sold to ticket-brokers.

Archived