Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Abraham

method man

The dude is hurt half the time. He is only 250 lbs. In my opinion he is an oversized LB that is undersized at DE. Plus he is a liability against the run. There have to be better options out there. If we are giong to trade Coles, why not exile him to Cardinals for Boldin and a 3rd rounder? Boldin wants out of Arizona and he has low base salaries

I think the Redskins should cut their losses and release Coles and recoup the bonus dollars as we can.

I don't want to trade for Abraham and then be stuck looking at yet another player that wants a $20 million bonus.

Haven't we seen enough of these bonus babies come through here and disappoint?

Save the cap space, draft well, sign moderate priced free agents and continue growing with the young roster the team now has.

Originally posted by bulldog

Save the cap space, draft well, sign moderate priced free agents and continue growing with the young roster the team now has.

Can I get an amen?!!

More Redskins, less mercenaries.

:cheers:

Abraham is a stuf DE, actually he is more of a Oversized LB in the mold of Terrel Suggs, who can seriously put pressure on the QB.. but depending on how much he wants, shoudl determined if we want him or not... or some picks/players instead from the Jets

I 'd rather get draft picks. Coles is worth a late first or high second. If there is a trade, it will probably be for draft picks. Getting Abraham would be like swapping one injured guy for another. I would love to have him, but the injury makes him unattractive.

Seems to me that whenever I see these "mock drafts" pop up, that the Bears are always being penciled in as drafting Edwards or Williams. Here is my thought.....package a deal to the Bears for Coles (I don't remember where they pick...is it 4 or 5?)...we get their pick virtually guaranteeing us Mike Williams, we get to keep the #9 pick and we then go after a stud DE or someone to replace Smoot. Unfortuneately, I get the feeling Coles has the upper hand in this situation and is allowed to say "NO" to a trade to Chicago. Am I assuming right???

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but what about someone like Randle-El or Dante Hall? Are they available & if so, would they cost us a lot of money as well? I mean, I know at this point, EVERYONE will cost us, but will they COST us? I mean, is there a way to do something LIKE an even swap for another wideout or should we be looking at other areas, because eventually, we will need to fill the holes at WR & it scares me alittle to have to wait too long to fill those slots.

Originally posted by bulldog

I think the Redskins should cut their losses and release Coles and recoup the bonus dollars as we can.

I don't want to trade for Abraham and then be stuck looking at yet another player that wants a $20 million bonus.

AMEN

Does anyone have a link to Boldin wanting out of Arizona? I havent heard that.

And Abrahams injury situation definitely is scary. In terms of Raandle El or Hall, I think thats the thought behind TJ Housh...the mid-level salary that could be a big play guy.

Screw that. Draft one of the big 4, and sign Derrick Mason. None of this pansy ****. Lets get unselfish, classy, PROVEN performing "Redskin" players in here and lets start winning.

Archived