Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antrell ROlle, Antrell Rolle!!!

Nemesis

After hearing all of the news about smoot......

I really believe our best bet would be to get a solid corner at #9.

Antrell Rolle and Sean Taylor both played together down in Miami and that would make him a much easier fit into this system because of the chemistry that is already there. Antrell is considered to be a freak much like our #36.

Besides with all the WR's coming out this year we can get a better reciever than 50-50 in the 3rd or 4th round.

I hope Greg goes after him....... it would be even better if we could trade down to get him.. however, I don't think he will last that long.

Antrell, Springs, Bowen, Taylor = Unstoppable secondary:point2sky

Originally posted by Akhhorus

MOre of this love affair with Rolle. He's a bust waiting to happen(from what Ive seen). At times, Devin Hester was a better CB for Miami.

sean taylor got run over a couple times too, but how often has that happend on the pro level?

Originally posted by big#44

sean taylor got run over a couple times too, but how often has that happend on the pro level?

Rolle got flat out beat regularly by Wideouts he shouldnt have been beat by. He's an amazing player, physically, but I have not been impressed from what I've seen when he actually plays.

"Rolle got flat out beat regularly by Wideouts he shouldnt have been beat by. He's an amazing player, physically, but I have not been impressed from what I've seen when he actually plays."

I was wondering if I was the only one who had seen this. The name Antrelle Rolle sounds great, but when I saw him playing on ESPN he'd get burned badly. Not by anyone amazing either. I say pass.

Totally, we need an end before a DB. Drafting a DB at #9 would be dumb, we can get a solid pick later in the draft. Look where we got Smoot. There is no question after this years WR performance, we NEED someone to come in and make an impact. It will step the entire receiving corps game up.

Unless we could get a sure-fire world beater at WR in the draft (and I think there are better ways to use our top picks), I'd say we upgrade our WR corps via FA.

I don't know what Muhammed at Carolina wants, and I know he's getting up there, but I watch a lot of him here in NC, and the prospect of he, Coles, Cooley, and Jacobs is very satisfying. He is a serious playmaker.

I haven't come to terms with the possibility of losing Smoot. Its a huge mistake on his part. I hope he comes to realize there ARE more important things than money before its too late. We are going to challenge for a SB before the 2nd Gibbs era is over, and he'll regret leaving for the rest of his career if he pulls the trigger.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

"Rolle got flat out beat regularly by Wideouts he shouldnt have been beat by. He's an amazing player, physically, but I have not been impressed from what I've seen when he actually plays."

I was wondering if I was the only one who had seen this. The name Antrelle Rolle sounds great, but when I saw him playing on ESPN he'd get burned badly. Not by anyone amazing either. I say pass.

Rolle got exposed in the Clemson, UNC & VT games. Far inferior talent burned him regularly, I dont see why this guy is so hyped? He's Mike Rumph with more press. In my mocks, I have him going mid/late first.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

Rolle got flat out beat regularly by Wideouts he shouldnt have been beat by. He's an amazing player, physically, but I have not been impressed from what I've seen when he actually plays.

I take it you did not see him shutdown the best receiver in the nation last year then?

Even if Smoot leaves, I still think we need WR/OL/DE before CB.

We proved we had legitimate cover corner depth with Harris stepping up....we barely have legitimate pass-rush from our starters, let alone depth.

And then there's the need for a guard who can help our run game...or a tackle to help stablize the passing game and give Ramsey more time...

Or the big play guy like Mike W or Braylon E.....we all know what they're for. ;)

We have a starting caliber CB here under contract in Walt Harris, we have Garnell Wilds in the slot and Jimoh/Rufus Brown at the dime position...

We dont need Rolle, we need to draft either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams at 9 if they are their if not we move down and gain picks...

If this kid never played for U of Miami, 90% of people wouldnt be on his wagon.

Even if we loose Smoot, we can still get better production out of Harris or an inexpensive FA than a rookie FA. Especially in this system where CB's are placed on an island due to the safeties blitzing 70%+ of the time.

Pass.

Originally posted by Oldskool

Even if we loose Smoot, we can still get better production out of Harris or an inexpensive FA than a rookie FA. Especially in this system where CB's are placed on an island due to the safeties blitzing 70%+ of the time.

Pass.

This is becoming a disturbing trend...

I once again agree with Oldskool.

I'm a big 'Canes fan, but I'm not sure Rolle is as good as you all believe he is... I'm almost tempted to say that he'd be a better safety than a corner...

He's physical and can cover well enough for a safety, but he doesn't cover very consistantly as a corner...

Originally posted by Oldskool

Pass.

Yep. It's the "system". Oh my gosh, how do the Skins keep churning out these 4+ INTs Corners!?

:laugh:

Archived