Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antrell ROlle, Antrell Rolle!!!

Nemesis

Originally posted by KDawg

This is becoming a disturbing trend...

I once again agree with Oldskool.

I'm a big 'Canes fan, but I'm not sure Rolle is as good as you all believe he is... I'm almost tempted to say that he'd be a better safety than a corner...

He's physical and can cover well enough for a safety, but he doesn't cover very consistantly as a corner...

He reminds me of Quentin Jammer, the CB for the Chargers, who'd be better suited to play FS.

I think that GW will be able to get the most out of any CB he coaches.

Keeping that in mind, a player like Rolle isnt necessary for Washington at this point.

They could easily take a CB much later on and develop him to become a solid player down the road.

And even without Smoot, what they have now is enough to keep that D near the top.

And when the time comes, any CB developed by GW will slide right in there.

Originally posted by RedDawg36

I take it you did not see him shutdown the best receiver in the nation last year then?

What have you done for me lately?

that just helps my point, he would have been the 1st CB taken last year, but he really regressed this season. Any team that takes him in the Top 15 this year is gambling. Id rather take three or four other CBs coming out this year than Rolle: Rodgers, Jones, Marlin Jackson, Webster

The rule changes are going to change how corner backs are taken. I bet 3 at the most 4 corner backs go in the 1st round. There should be a couple good corner backs in the top 8 of the second round. If we really want to draft a corner trade down to acquire a second. Move up in the second if we see one we like and take him.

I think Rolle would make sense for the Skins #9 if Smoot leaves but it seems as if Pac-Man Jones' stock is rising, Kiper said he will be the 1st CB selected, he looks like Antoine Winfield with more speed. So, maybe he would be a better pick for the Skins. I liked what I saw out of Carlos Rodgers in the games that I saw him play. But I do feel like Harris could step in at #2 and be a solid corner, he has been a starter in the league in the past.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

What have you done for me lately?

that just helps my point, he would have been the 1st CB taken last year, but he really regressed this season. Any team that takes him in the Top 15 this year is gambling. Id rather take three or four other CBs coming out this year than Rolle: Rodgers, Jones, Marlin Jackson, Webster

I'd rather see us take Rolle than any of them. I might consider Justin Miller a little later, but none of these guys are great IMO...Rogers is a sure tackler and solid in coverage but he's not a standout...same for Jackson really...Webster's been exposed a lot this year...

Bit of a moot point really, considerin' I don't think we go corner, period.

Btw, all corners get burned...but not all corners shut down good receivers. CB is basically a boom-or-bust position...ask any Denver fan.

I like Rolle's recovery speed and feel he has a better chance at defending NFL WRs than any of the others..

2 reasons why were not getting antrell rolle.

1. He punched a cop. Thats the main one. No way gibbs would draft someone like that.

2. He wasn't even the best cb in the ACC.

Jimmy williams lead the acc with five pics 19 deflections, and 60 some tackles.

If rolle isn't the best cb in the acc why should we pick him as the best cb in the draft

Originally posted by Gibbs4Life

2 reasons why were not getting antrell rolle.

1. He punched a cop. Thats the main one. No way gibbs would draft someone like that.

2. He wasn't even the best cb in the ACC.

Jimmy williams lead the acc with five pics 19 deflections, and 60 some tackles.

If rolle isn't the best cb in the acc why should we pick him as the best cb in the draft

LOL. Did you watch college ball at all this season? Anyway, to respond;

1. Sean Taylor was no angel in college.

2. Stats = NOTHING for a CB. Rolle > Williams. Simply put.

I'd rather see us take Rolle than any of them. I might consider Justin Miller a little later, but none of these guys are great IMO...Rogers is a sure tackler and solid in coverage but he's not a standout...same for Jackson really...Webster's been exposed a lot this year...

Bit of a moot point really, considerin' I don't think we go corner, period.

Btw, all corners get burned...but not all corners shut down good receivers. CB is basically a boom-or-bust position...ask any Denver fan.

I like Rolle's recovery speed and feel he has a better chance at defending NFL WRs than any of the others..

Rolle also grabs alot when he plays. He's a pass interferencee penalty waiting to happen. Every corner gets burned, but Rolle got constantly beat by terrible WRs this year. He looked like he didnt care when his team needed him.

Justin Miller is a glorified Kick Returner. He couldn't cover an elderly woman with the flu who also had her shoelaces tied together.

With the new rules, a first round Corner is a bit of a waste, unless you have a major need there. The Skins dont, even if they do lose Smoot.

Gibbs4Life

I'm not a Rolle fan, but the guy is actually known as being stand-up, an honors student I think(at least coming out of HS) Not only that, but cops ended up going up to him after the charges were DISMISSED to APOLOGIZE. I think something was happening with his car and somehow he got involved in the fracas, but he as far as I know he didn't "Punch a cop."

At least not one in uniform who had IDd himself and I don't even know if he hit anyone.

Originally posted by Rock 56

John Mcclain from the houston chronicle said on a sports talk show here in TN, that he talked to Greg Williams and he said that we`re going to take the best defensive player available.

I'd like to check this guys creds but that being said it's not exactly like he's going out on a limb, we're either going to take the best defensive or offensive player available so he has a 1 in 2 chance of being right....

John Mcclain from the houston chronicle said on a sports talk show here in TN, that he talked to Greg Williams and he said that we`re going to take the best defensive player available.

That still wouldnt be Antrel Rolle. And this guy was sure that the Skins would take KWII, he titled an article with that nugget.

I wouldnt believe anything anyone says about what a NFL team will do in the draft now.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

That still wouldnt be Antrel Rolle. And this guy was sure that the Skins would take KWII, he titled an article with that nugget.

I wouldnt believe anything anyone says about what a NFL team will do in the draft now.

Consider also, that Espn said last year during the draft they someone from the skins said they were leaning heavily towards Winslow yet we know what happened there, I would think the skins will most likely be throwing all kinds of ideas out there to keep people guessing.

Rolle is an animal who like Taylor can play CB, FS, SS, or LB. That's how big and strong these Miami products are. Smoot turning down eight figures and Springs older and injury prone would lead me to believe Rolle would be the best player if available at #9. We will address the OL, DE, and receiver through FA. The draft might include a QB in the later rounds and a TE at #3.

some might beleive that rolle just wanted to get through the season healthy,because he knows he`ll be the first cb taken.when he needed to make plays in crunch time he made them.how many times did anyone throw his way?not to many times.he`s the best cb in the draft period.carlos rodgers is next.

some might beleive that rolle just wanted to get through the season healthy,because he knows he`ll be the first cb taken.when he needed to make plays in crunch time he made them.how many times did anyone throw his way?not to many times.he`s the best cb in the draft period.carlos rodgers is next.

Wow, it must have been someone else wearing Rolle's jersey who got beaten badly this year. He must have been injured when Airese Currie torched him for 130 yards, Richard Washington beat him for another 100 yard game, or the sub-par Wideouts of UNC couldnt be stopped when they needed to. He's a physical freak, but he's vastly overrated.

LOL. Did you watch college ball at all this season? Anyway, to respond;

1. Sean Taylor was no angel in college.

2. Stats = NOTHING for a CB. Rolle > Williams. Simply put.

What do you mean stats dont mean anything. If you dont put up good stats your not getting drafted. Stats dont mean anything my ass.

Look at Darren Sproiles of kansas state. He had a great season last year and looked liked he be a first rounder. He had a terrible year especailly stat wise and now thats going to hurt him. Tell darren sproiles stats dont mean anything

Who cares if sean taylor was no angel he didn't punch a cop. I've smoked some pot in my day, that doesnt make me a bad person. Punching a cop makes you a bad person PERIOD.

Also jimmy williams has better stats than Rolle and hes only a junior. When jimmy williams is a senior he WILL be better than Rolle in his senior year. Simple put. Williams (senior) > Rolle (senior)

What do you mean stats dont mean anything. If you dont put up good stats your not getting drafted. Stats dont mean anything my ass.

Look at Darren Sproiles of kansas state. He had a great season last year and looked liked he be a first rounder. He had a terrible year especailly stat wise and now thats going to hurt him. Tell darren sproiles stats dont mean anything

Who cares if sean taylor was no angel he didn't punch a cop. I've smoked some pot in my day, that doesnt make me a bad person. Punching a cop makes you a bad person PERIOD.

Also jimmy williams has better stats than Rolle and hes only a junior. When jimmy williams is a senior he WILL be better than Rolle in his senior year. Simple put. Williams (senior) > Rolle (senior)

Rolle and Williams will probably both end up as Safeties in the NFL.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/rollea.html

He was charged with felony count of police battery. I don't think a police officer would apologize to him if rolle hit him. It doesnt work like that

According to a police complaint, Rolle was involved in a fight in a street near campus early Sunday morning and resisted arrest, cursing and swinging his arms in an attempt to free himself and forcing officers to call for backup help.

Along with the felony charge, Rolle was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors.

Yea this is exactly the guy we need on our team. While were at it why dont we pick up moss, and ricky williams.

Thank you for that pic. I also saw him get beat several times this season. If we get any CB it should be that rogers guy from Auburn.

Teams didn't throw his way most of the season cause they were scared of him. Guess how many passes were completed on him all season? 17. Only 17 passes were completed on him all season in the sec. (not including the bowl game were he gave up five). Now that is a shutdown corner.

Not a cop hitting felon.

Are you blind?

I said stats don't mean anything to A CORNER.

Screw Darren Sproles. :laugh:

And you're little Williams (S) > Rolle (S) is A) pathetic, B) stupid, C) laughable, and D) HYPOCRITICAL.

You just said Sproles' stock went down his senior year, did you ever think SO MIGHT WILLIAMS?

LMAO. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Come back to me when Rolle's drafted inside 10 and Williams is sat at home with his popcorn.

Archived