Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antrell ROlle, Antrell Rolle!!!

Nemesis

Originally posted by Jackson's Ward

Here is Rolle getting burnt by an 18 year old freshman from Tech!

----------

image3.jpg

-------

If Smoot goes, I would hope we draft someone to replace him. We need quality depth at that position.

Oh yeah...really SMOKED for a TD, eh.

:laugh:

Newsflash: WRs DO CATCH PASSES on GOOD CORNERS!

Rolle is right behind him, and he's hardly looking burned out.

Originally posted by RedDawg36

Are you blind?

I said stats don't mean anything to A CORNER.

Screw Darren Sproles. :laugh:

And you're little Williams (S) > Rolle (S) is A) pathetic, B) stupid, C) laughable, and D) HYPOCRITICAL.

You just said Sproles' stock went down his senior year, did you ever think SO MIGHT WILLIAMS?

LMAO. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Come back to me when Rolle's drafted inside 10 and Williams is sat at home with his popcorn.

I dont think Rolle or any CB will go in the top ten, unless one of them emerges in the workouts as the next Chris McAllister or Champ. Oakland could go for a CB, but I think FAgency is where they are going for that. Rolle, Rodgers, PacMan are all going to go in the 11-20 range; not because they are stiffs, but because of the new rules.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

I dont think Rolle or any CB will go in the top ten, unless one of them emerges in the workouts as the next Chris McAllister or Champ. Oakland could go for a CB, but I think FAgency is where they are going for that. Rolle, Rodgers, PacMan are all going to go in the 11-20 range; not because they are stiffs, but because of the new rules.

I would agree but looking at the teams picking 1-10, I find it hard to believe no one takes a corner....

It's not like teams are gonna totally give up on signing/drafting good corners just because they're exposed more in the NFL these days....a good one still does a lot for your defense...

Originally posted by Gibbs4Life

Thank you also saw him get beat several times this season. If we get any CB it should be that rogers guy from Auburn.

Teams didn't throw his way most of the season cause they were scared of him. Guess how many passes were completed on him all season? 17. Only 17 passes were completed on him all season in the sec. (not including the bowl game were he gave up five). Now that is a shutdown corner.

Not a cop hitting felon.

Cop hitting felon?

First of all, your primary premise is flawed. HItting a cop doesn't make you wrong. Context is everyting. What if a cop was beating you senseless, the law allows for self-defense no matter the badge. The law also makes allowances when an officer is out of uniform and does not properly ID himself. In addition, incidental contact may technically be something you can go to court for, but it hardly means you're some type of scumbag if the contact is incidental. Intent is of value in judging these circumstances as well.

Second, the CHARGES WERE DISMISSED. You sound like a real A-hole right now, who'd rather crucify someone for something that by law and by finding of fact they have not done then LISTEN TO FOLLOW-UP REPORTS.

Someone was F-ing with Rolle's car at the time, and that's how he got involved in the fracas.

You and I both know that any contact made with a cop, is going to get charges pressed at you initially. Doesn't mean you were literally swinging at a cop. Do you really think if he just threw an uppercut deliberately at a cop that the charges would have been dismissed? It's key that it says "resisting arrest without violence" as part of the charges.

Read on:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001995350_digs03.html

Charges dropped against Miami's Rolle: Miami cornerback Antrel Rolle won't be tried for allegedly striking a police officer, and was reinstated to the team.

Hurricanes coach Larry Coker had indefinitely suspended Rolle after his arrest.

"I am extremely pleased that there has been a positive resolution to the issue," Coker said in a statement.

Assistant State Attorney Michael Grieco said that while the arrest was "valid," Rolle's "post-arrest contrition and lack of criminal history" led to the decision to drop the case. The physical contact between Rolle and the officer was "merely incidental," Grieco said.

Rolle — whose father is chief of police in nearby Homestead, Fla. — also participated in an ride-along session with Miami-Dade County police "during active nightlife hours," gaining an appreciation for officers' work, Grieco said.

According to a police complaint, Rolle was involved in a fight in a street near campus earlier this month and resisted arrest, cursing and swinging his arms in an attempt to free himself and forcing officers to call for backup help.

Along with the felony charge, Rolle was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors.

The new rules actually rise the stock of someone like Antrel Rolle if you ask me. Hes great at jamming WRs at the line and taking them off of their routes. I watched him do that countless times this season. I would rather draft a guy that has the potential to be a superstar over a guy we know is going to be "solid". Some NFL coaching on technique and Antrel Rolle will be a monster. Having two guys under 22 years of age in your secondary like Taylor and Rolle running around intimidating WRs bodes very well for the future of our defense. Greg Williams likes physical players, Smoot is a finesse corner, Rolle is his kind of guy.

Are you blind?

I said stats don't mean anything to A CORNER.

Screw Darren Sproles. :laugh:

And you're little Williams (S) > Rolle (S) is A) pathetic, B) stupid, C) laughable, and D) HYPOCRITICAL.

You just said Sproles' stock went down his senior year, did you ever think SO MIGHT WILLIAMS?

LMAO. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Come back to me when Rolle's drafted inside 10 and Williams is sat at home with his popcorn.

Guess what buddy you didnt disprove my theory wrong about williams and rolle all you did was call it names. Ill be here next season when jimmy williams is again the best cb in the ACC.

Also theres a difference between williams and sproiles. Sproiles team got worse around him. Virginia tech is only going to get better with Marcus VIck coming in, the best linebacker from Virginia (From landstown high) coming in and the best corner back in Virginia coming in to complete him on the other side. Jimmy wiliams will have just as beastly a season as he did last year.

Guess where i'll be, right here waiting for my apology.

P.S: i never said rolle wont get drafted in the top ten. I said the REDSKINS are not drafting him top ten. Get over it and move on to the only need: OFFENSE

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Cop hitting felon?

First of all, your primary premise is flawed. HItting a cop doesn't make you wrong. Context is everyting. What if a cop was beating you senseless, the law allows for self-defense no matter the badge. The law also makes allowances when an officer is out of uniform and does not properly ID himself. In addition, incidental contact may technically be something you can go to court for, but it hardly means you're some type of scumbag if the contact is incidental. Intent is of value in judging these circumstances as well.

Second, the CHARGES WERE DISMISSED. You sound like a real A-hole right now, who'd rather crucify someone for something that by law and by finding of fact they have not done then LISTEN TO FOLLOW-UP REPORTS.

Someone was F-ing with Rolle's car at the time, and that's how he got involved in the fracas.

You and I both know that any contact made with a cop, is going to get charges pressed at you initially. Doesn't mean you were literally swinging at a cop. Do you really think if he just threw an uppercut deliberately at a cop that the charges would have been dismissed? It's key that it says "resisting arrest without violence" as part of the charges.

Read on:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001995350_digs03.html

Charges dropped against Miami's Rolle: Miami cornerback Antrel Rolle won't be tried for allegedly striking a police officer, and was reinstated to the team.

Hurricanes coach Larry Coker had indefinitely suspended Rolle after his arrest.

"I am extremely pleased that there has been a positive resolution to the issue," Coker said in a statement.

Assistant State Attorney Michael Grieco said that while the arrest was "valid," Rolle's "post-arrest contrition and lack of criminal history" led to the decision to drop the case. The physical contact between Rolle and the officer was "merely incidental," Grieco said.

Rolle — whose father is chief of police in nearby Homestead, Fla. — also participated in an ride-along session with Miami-Dade County police "during active nightlife hours," gaining an appreciation for officers' work, Grieco said.

According to a police complaint, Rolle was involved in a fight in a street near campus earlier this month and resisted arrest, cursing and swinging his arms in an attempt to free himself and forcing officers to call for backup help.

Along with the felony charge, Rolle was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors.

"post-arrest contrition and lack of criminal history"

So he got off cause his daddy's a police officer and he was sorry afterwards. He y guess what buddy i don't have a crimanal record, but that doesn't give me the right to resist arrest and attack the police. Self -defense my ass, he was swinging and cursing. What part of that is self-defense.

I think anyone can get of when there star atheletes, theres daddys a cop, and there soon going to make alot of money. I can't beleive your going to sit here and defend someone like that. Especially when you know how bad miami players are. They think they can get away with anything.

Guys, I am a hurricane fan I think we should stay away from Rolle. He might make me eat my words but I really don't think he should be even a first round pick. He is a decent corner at best. Don't even think about comparing him to Taylor.

We should one of the following: Take Williams if he is there, trade down and take a DE or take Rogers from Auburn. That guy is a stud... much better than Rolle. I hope we re-sign Smoot so we don't have to take a CB/

I would agree but looking at the teams picking 1-10, I find it hard to believe no one takes a corner....

It's not like teams are gonna totally give up on signing/drafting good corners just because they're exposed more in the NFL these days....a good one still does a lot for your defense...

they wont give up on them, but I think it knocks down CBs on the draft board a few picks. Teams in the top ten would take a CB, but there isnt one worth that pick.

The teams that would take a CB: Arizona, Oakland, Skins(maybe), Titans. They all need more help at other positions.

Archived