Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings-Eagles

afparent

Originally posted by afparent

Who wins?

i think the Vikings can score on the eagels. We will see how good the Eagles All-Pro defensive backfield will do!

Vikings have no defense, struggle running the ball, lack heart and won't come back from a deficit. If Randy Moss is gimpy, the Eagles win going away. I love Culpepper though, he is a magnificent quarterback. Packers were a better team, injuries and mistakes killed them today.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Vikings have no defense, struggle running the ball, lack heart and won't come back from a deficit. If Randy Moss is gimpy, the Eagles win going away. I love Culpepper though, he is a magnificent quarterback. Packers were a better team, injuries and mistakes killed them today.

Um...yeh...as if we REALLY thought you'd post a reply endorsing a Viking win. :laugh:

Originally posted by Potato Sack

Um...yeh...as if we REALLY thought you'd post a reply endorsing a Viking win. :laugh:

Good for you. Everything I said is true. I bet most of the people here take Minnesota. That's fine with me, even though the only reason they'll give is that Owens won't be there. Owens or not, Philadelphia is better than Minnesota, especially one facing injuries (Half their secondary is out and Moss is injured, obviously).

Good for you. Everything I said is true. I bet most of the people here take Minnesota. That's fine with me, even though the only reason they'll give is that Owens won't be there. Owens or not, Philadelphia is better than Minnesota, especially one facing injuries (Half their secondary is out and Moss is injured, obviously).

I really have to disagree about TO. You're an Eagles fan, so you know the offensive output TO brought to Philly. I think it will be a close game, but without TO, you guys will lose.

Look, it's either lose now or get embarassed again in the NFC Championship game. ;)

Originally posted by Potato Sack

I really have to disagree about TO. You're an Eagles fan, so you know the offensive output TO brought to Philly. I think it will be a close game, but without TO, you guys will lose.

Look, it's either lose now or get embarassed again in the NFC Championship game. ;)

That's interesting. The Eagles and Vikings played in week two. The Eagles defense is MUCH better now then they were earlier in the season. I'm sure the line will be Eagles by 7. The Eagles won't lose, in fact they'll probably win by double digits.

Yes, I know what the offense will be like without Owens. I watched it for years. Two years ago it broke the Eagles single season scoring record. The offense will be fine, against possibly the worst defense in the league. Packers were open all game, but Favre couldn't make the throws. Vikings can't kick the ball either. Morten barely made a 35 yard field goal distance wise.

Do you really think Minnesota looked good today. I commented to my family watching the game that this was the first game of the weekend where the quality of football being played was poor. Philly can be upset, but especially with an unhealthy Moss, there is no reason why Philadelphia should lose.

Can we also finally discard "momentum"? People have been saying that's why the Eagles would lose their first game. Well, this weekend, teams that lost their last game of the year won three of the games. Probably would have won all four, but both the Rams and Seahawks won Week 17.

Minnesota will not beat Philly. I can see a scenario where it happens, but it is doubtful. Ask any Eagles fan, they would be more worried about the Rams, who I saw upsetting Philly if the Packers could win(Thanks alot Favre). It will be a Vick-McNabb NFCCG.

Originally posted by steveskins

Minnesota will not beat Philly. I can see a scenario where it happens, but it is doubtful. Ask any Eagles fan, they would be more worried about the Rams, who I saw upsetting Philly if the Packers could win(Thanks alot Favre). It will be a Vick-McNabb NFCCG.

The Eagles drove the field on the Rams WITHOUT Westbrook in the lineup. The Rams struggled to win that game playing against the birds third string.

Rams would have been more difficult, but certainly beatable. To me, they have a more dangerous offense, better at all the skill positions besides QB (but even that difference is minor if Bulger is given time/healthy), better kicking game, and slightly less worse :) defense.

The Vikings can not:

1) Run the ball effectively (pound it like GB)

2) Spread the field like before with Moss healthy

3) Tackle

4) Cover

5) Kick the ball

6) Rebound/Show Heart.

Yet, they can still win if Philadelphia plays badly, but I think it will take a minor implosion (see the game today, 3 fumbles 4 INTs and STILL in the game) for Minnesota to win.

This is not to say that Philadelphia is perfect, but I think Minnesota is just not very good and possibly used everything they had today.

The Vikings can not:

1) Run the ball effectively (pound it like GB)

2) Spread the field like before with Moss healthy

3) Tackle

4) Cover

5) Kick the ball

6) Rebound/Show Heart.

1 They have Bennett, Williams, and Smith

2. They have several good wr who can go deep

3. agree

4. agree

5. Anderson is one of the all time greats, maybe not Long, but very accurate

6. they came back and beat the Pack on the road after 2 straight losses this season, and being embarrassed last week, and the Moss contriversy.....;)

Originally posted by bubba9497

1 They have Bennett, Williams, and Smith

2. They have several good wr who can go deep

3. agree

4. agree

5. Anderson is one of the all time greats, maybe not Long, but very accurate

6. they came back and beat the Pack on the road after 2 straight losses this season, and being embarrassed last week, and the Moss contriversy.....;)

I know they have the offensive personell, but they aren't a running team, and haven't been doing it as well this year as in the past. I don't see their running backs giving the Eagles problems like Green or Alexander would. Without a healthy Moss (who could barely walk) I am not scared by their passing attack, though, as I said before, Culpepper is very good.

Anderson barely made a 35 yard kick today. He's the worst kicker left in the playoffs. But yes, he is accurate.

What I meant was, if Philadelphia gets up by 14 at any point, I think Minnesota may pack their bags and leave. They don't strike me as a team that could come back from a significant deficit. :)

The Eagles should win this one.

They have a defense. Something the Packers don't have. Couple that with Bad Farve showing up instead of Good Farve and it spelled doom for the Packers.

In fact, the Eagles' coaches may look at what the Redskins D did to the Vikings in the last game of the season when they held them to 18 points.

Heck, the Skins D so frustrated the Vikings offense all day that Moss stormed off the field early in disgust. :)

Skins Guy

Archived