Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings-Eagles

afparent

After I saw what happened last night to a team with a high powered offense and no defense (Rams) to a team with a very good defense (Falcons), I see the Eagles winning this game.

People like to talk about offense, but this time of year it's usually about who has the better D.

I have some V Chips on the Vikings baby...Unless the refs cause the Vikings to lose due to a league mandate (I am a big believer in NFL conspiracies, heck look at the calls we got this season) the Vikes will win. The Eagles will have a let down without TO.

Originally posted by steveskins

:laugh: :doh: :laugh:

As if Javon Kearse has the athleticism to keep up with Vick. It's just like spying McNabb, it gets you nowhere. :laugh:

Atlanta is hardly a pansy road team either, they beat G.B. in Lambeau in the playoffs two years ago and nearly beat you all in Philly the next week with a worse team than they have now.

Beating the Pack in Lambeau is hardly the feat it used to be.

The Eagles team two years ago is a worse team than the team they have now, so I don't see the relevance.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Minn will be tougher tomorrow than Atlanta. Philly really lucked out getting these two pansy dome teams coming to the Linc.

I'm pumped.

Kinda like how they lucked out having that pansy team from Florida who couldn't win in the cold having to come up to Philly. :laugh: Atl will be a tough test for Philly whether you want to admit it or not, especially without TO. And Kearse will not keep up with Vick, guaranteed.

Originally posted by footballhenry

its amazing how lucky the eagles are

Yup. 14 wins = luck. I think overall the Vikes got some of the better calls - such as Culpeper's obvious fumble. True, the Eagles got a bounce in the endzone, but then they got a bad bounce later on in the game that cost a TD. Seems like things evened out to me.

And as far as holding goes, a lot of it wasn't called on the Vikes throughout the game. They held early and often and were only called a couple of times. I guess that's how the refs are letting them play this year, since mugging receivers is no longer allowed.

The Vikings were "lucky" to be within 13. If the Eagles make as many mistakes next week, they will probably lose.

I just want to say in general, I think that the rule that a fumble in the endzone that goes to the other team is terrible. Turnovers are only second to td's in their importance, and whenever I've seen that rule be used, it always seems wrong. It doesn't seem right that a team that didn't actually recover a fumble, still gets the ball.

As for the Rams/Vikings game. Its amazing how poor tacklers, the Rams are. Thats why I wanted them initially instead of the Vikings, although the Vikings didn't scare me either. Warrick Dunn should have never had those long gains, I can't see that happening again.

That being said the Falcons are a much better team, but I think the eagles will be able to keep Vick within check. The only mobile quarterback thats really had success against the eagles this year was.... Jeff Garcia. I'd be really excited if they could make Mike Vick play quarterback. Overall, Culpepper is scarier then him. Its just those one time situations....

Archived